Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
14 Mar 21 17:35
| Topic/replies: 21,685 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Only one NR from my ante posts.
Dusart nr
Allmankind 25 and Eldorado Allen 26
Happygolucky 7.4
Honeysuckle 3.95
Roksana 4.1
Sage Advice 20

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
Andymca
When: 14 Mar 21 18:12
Appreciate it 2/1
Shiskin 5/2
Lieutenant Rocco NR
Honeysuckle 10/1
Concertista 5/2
Saint Sam 12/1
Galvin 9/2
By:
sageform
When: 14 Mar 21 18:14
some nice prices andy.
By:
Andymca
When: 14 Mar 21 18:35
Yeah, but all in doubles trebles and accums. On paper I can retire on Friday night, in reality I will be lucky if I can afford a fish supper.
By:
sageform
When: 14 Mar 21 18:51
Never do anything but singles. Good luck though.
By:
Deptford
When: 14 Mar 21 19:12
Had ew dbl, Soaring and Roksana, cheeky little bet to nothing.
By:
fife
When: 14 Mar 21 21:46
Metier 6/1 & irrascible 40/1
Shiskin 4/1 any race 
happy go lucky 12/1 @ 1for the team 25/1
Abacadabras 20/1 @ Aspire Tower 50/1
Sage Advice 25/1
Escaria 10 14/1,

also 4 nrs 1 which was nr nb other 3 antepost losers and unfortunately apart from Metier all other bets are less than £5 each. I will also end up betting a couple more ew on the handicaps and I also realise that by aftertiming some decent prices and I have probably jinxed the lot Cry.
By:
Steamship
When: 14 Mar 21 22:28
Honeysuckle @24 and 25 on here from last April
By:
Andymca
When: 14 Mar 21 22:36
Some juicy prices there guys. The Ultima looks a big race for you fife
By:
fife
When: 14 Mar 21 23:03
It is though my other bet in the race was Lieutenant Rocco at 25/1 who was down to 7/1 when becoming one of my nrs though I cant take credit for most of them as I have just being reading blogs from P Kealey etc and trying to steal prices as I have an unnatural obsession with trying to beat the price rather than back the winnerGrin. I will be pleasantly surprised  if one for the team wins as I have been disappointed with it this season and only backed it as I back the majority of N & J Williams runners.
By:
fife
When: 14 Mar 21 23:07
Just noticed your 10/1 bet on Honeysuckle Andymca which is a cracking price though its running a year to late for me as I backed it at 14/1 last year and lost my money when it decided to win the mares race insteadSad.
By:
fife
When: 15 Mar 21 16:49
Apologies to Steamship also for not noticing your cracking prices on Honeysuckle.
By:
irishone
When: 15 Mar 21 17:55
Aftertiming thread
By:
fife
When: 15 Mar 21 19:26
True but when its Cheltenham part of the fun is just getting your ante posts bets to the start and discussing ( boasting) about the prices is a bonus as its often all downhill from thenSad.
By:
sageform
When: 15 Mar 21 20:34
Exactly fife.
By:
differentdrum
When: 15 Mar 21 21:46
I was loathe to put these up for jinxing them but here goes:-

Appreciate It
Shiskin & Captain Guinness (EW)
Milan Native (EW)
Honeysuckle & Abacadabras (EW)
Roksana & Dame De Compagnie & Indefatigable (all EW)
Zoffanien (EW)

I have deliberately left the prices off.

10 NR'S - Dusart (injured), Bob Olinger (wrong race), Cedarwood Road (not good enough), Dickie Diver (cashed out majority), Teahupoo (pulled), Zanavi (NRNB), Court Maid (not entered), Milanford (wrong race), The Big Dog (pulled), Royale Pagaille (NRNB)

Of those Teahupoo was the only really bad bet as he was always pretty unlikely to travel.

Of those that remain concerned the ground (softening) might have gone against Captain Guinness, Milan Native and Indefatigable but fingers crossed.
By:
Andymca
When: 16 Mar 21 00:24
Milan Native's four highest RPRs were recorded on softish ground.
By:
differentdrum
When: 16 Mar 21 10:54
I would prefer genuine Good to Soft for him, but we shall see.

Abacadabras and Indefatigable are desperately weak. Indefatigable was 12/1 a couple of days ago and is heading towards three times the price. Struggling to see why there is support for Minella Melody as she has disappointed on the track and is no better than Grade 2/3. Yes, on the book she should have been closer to Black Tears, but that horse would have been better off having another bash at the Coral Cup.
By:
sageform
When: 16 Mar 21 11:01
Next Destination added to mine so just the Supreme to decide on. I may well just sit on my £2 loss on Dusart back in December and wait for my 1-2 in the Arkle.
By:
Anyska
When: 16 Mar 21 11:25
franco de port w/o shishkin 3/1
abracadbras w/o honeysuckle and eptante 7/2
escara ten w/o galvin 3/1
By:
differentdrum
When: 16 Mar 21 15:54
I was probably wrong about Milan Native but if you balloon fence after fence you are going to struggle on any ground. Looks as if he had been schooling over bigger fences and forgotten how to jump the smaller ones. Very disappointing given the market move.
By:
sageform
When: 16 Mar 21 17:35
All of mine have run OK but just one in front when it matters.
By:
differentdrum
When: 16 Mar 21 23:25
Forgot to include Saint Sam which was a free bet. Galvin was the only bet I had on the day, basically on account of the drift and the ground drying in his favour. Although that gave me four winners, none were at big prices, so the profit was small.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com