Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 53 comments are related to the topic:
Shortening Of Quilixios For Boodles - Why?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 53
By:
impossible123
When: 09 Mar 21 22:08
If so, correct decision. For a minute I thought it could be info from the Sporting Life preview on Facebook.
By:
Cash Is King
When: 09 Mar 21 23:12
Extraordinary that it took so long for running plans to become transparent. The Grade 1 winning Quilixios has earned the right to compete in the Grade 1 Triumph. Might not win but he goes into the race with a leading chance.

The mind boggles if the Fred Winter was ever a serious consideration.
By:
Ramruma
When: 09 Mar 21 23:24
The Boodles theory was based on:-
1) Elliott barn had Zanahiyr nailed on for the Triumph
2) Boodles is more likely to have cut in the ground

Anyway, it's academic after the transfer to HdB.
By:
Cash Is King
When: 09 Mar 21 23:30
No such thing as a nailed on certainty at the Festival. Just ask backers of Goshen in last year's race.

Zanahiyr and Quilixios are rated within 2lbs of each other and the New Course would appear to favour the latter over the former.
By:
strontium
When: 10 Mar 21 09:39
Agree entirely Cash. I just hope the change of stable & routine won't have blunted Quilixios.
By:
sageform
When: 10 Mar 21 12:06
Why is everyone still ignoring Duffle Coat? Is he a doubtful runner for the Triumph? Course winner, dismissed the best UK 4yo hurdler giving him weight and proven on good/soft.
By:
strontium
When: 10 Mar 21 12:10
The issue for me Sage is that Elliott usually sends his third or fourth best juvenile to that Cheltenham meeting as a sighter, to see where he stands relative to the British horses. If they thought Duffle was one of their best he'd have run at Leopardstown at Christmas/February.
By:
sageform
When: 10 Mar 21 12:30
Not if they think he needs good ground. Ireland has been soft or heavy since December. I will wait for the overnights but if Duffle Coat runs, he is my choice.
By:
strontium
When: 10 Mar 21 12:51
Quixilios taken out of the Boodles at the 6-day stage.
By:
Andymca
When: 10 Mar 21 13:28
No surprise there
By:
Cash Is King
When: 19 Mar 21 14:44
As posted previously, Zanahiyr and Quilixios rated within a couple of lbs of each other and anything can happen in a horse race as supporters of Envoi Allen discovered to their cost in the Marsh.

Quilixios won the Triumph well. Nothing flukey about that performance.
By:
sageform
When: 19 Mar 21 15:04
Adagio has always looked miles ahead of the rest of the English but he had no answer to Quilixios. Don't forget that Duffle Coat also beat Adagio giving him 3lb though. I don't know why Duffle Coat has not run since, must have a problem.
By:
strontium
When: 19 Mar 21 15:19
Actually, Monmiral looks miles ahead of the rest of the English.
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Mar 21 15:25
Blackmore rode another beautiful race. Adagio ran as well as he could, but Quilixios is a better horse; Zanahiyr clearly underperformed. Punchestown beckons.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com