Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 50 comments are related to the topic:
Cheltenham 2021

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 50
By:
impossible123
When: 16 Mar 21 00:21
Hendo could have a Grade 1 treble ie Shishkin, Epatante and Santini/Champ. What's the price for this happening?
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 16 Mar 21 16:41
Can someone possibly wake me up on Thursday!
This chalkfest is totally boring **** out of me
By:
unclepuncle
When: 20 Mar 21 08:11
Well another great Festival over and before I start my 2022 thread it's time to look back on last years analysis.

If nothing else it goes to show the perils of ante post betting.Sad

Shiskin and Appreciate both backed at good prices but sadly for the wrong races.
The injury to Ferny Hollow clearly having an impact on Appreciate It's target though I did at least get to lay off my stake.

Shiskin had nothing to beat in the Arkle and it was such a shame Eugername (or however it's spelt) missed the race. Shiskin still looks like he really wants further but the 2m division is very weak so like Altior, who was very similar, he may get away with it.

Epatante was clearly rushed to get back for Cheltenham after her Kempton injury and her chance was gone with a huge blunder at the second (completely missed by Richard Hoiles). She jumped slowly thereafter and in the circumstances did well to finish 3rd. However I doubt she'd have beaten Honeysuckle anyway. I was the first person to mention Honeysuckle was a potential future star after her debut (see the 'best race I saw this weekend' thread) but sadly I did not have a bean on her.Cry Abacadbras fell and maybe might have been placed but they should have gone chasing with him.

Latest Exhibition stupidly not declared for the RSA - still might not have beaten Monkfish but they say you should never be afraid of one horse. In fact they could also have gone for the Marsh but they were scared of Envoi Allen.

I speculatively put up A Plus Tard for the Champion Chase but connections went up in trip rather than down. And Politilogue was obviously withdrawn on the day.

Thyme Hill's late withdrawal and the fall of Lisnagar Oscar meant the stayers was a race to forget.

Minella Indo did win though and as predicted Champ was never going to jump well enough for a Gold Cup.

Can't wait for next year.Excited
By:
irishone
When: 20 Mar 21 08:39
You echo my thoughts exactly uncle !
By:
unclepuncle
When: 20 Mar 21 12:22
I’ll take that as a great compliment Irish.Grin
By:
impossible123
When: 20 Mar 21 21:01
Cheltenham: Only Shishkin (no Energumene) and Monkfish (just) obliged; Envoi Allen, Epatante, Paisley Park, ABP, Champ and Santini all fell short.
By:
irishone
When: 20 Mar 21 21:46
so what you saying ?

you done yer nuts ?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Mar 21 22:58
didnt realist minella indo was 16s bit early but seen worse ,young and progressing and allaho has boosted the form  and he has tonked a dual gold cup winner and a savilles winner .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Mar 21 23:01
just looked 6/1 b365 ,dont know wher ya got 16s from uncle
By:
unclepuncle
When: 20 Mar 21 23:30
Foyles you seem to be confused. CrazyLaugh

This thread was about this years festival that has just finished and was started by me straight after the 2020 festival - Minella Indo was then 16/1 for the Gold Cup after his 2nd to Champ in the RSA.

I have started a new thread looking ahead to the 2022 festival.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 21 Mar 21 09:13
Laugh not hard to confuse me uncle , the missus says i dont know wnat day it is half the time!  she needs to up it to dont what year it is!Laugh sorry uncle!
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com