Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
31 Jan 20 17:44
| Topic/replies: 22,375 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
a 12 yo as fav ,samcro high in the betting ,laurina a bleeder also well to the fore of the market ..............gotta be value outside of this suspect lot .
Pause Switch to Standard View the jlt or marsh fer newbies
Show More
Report ENGLANDBARNES1 January 31, 2020 11:27 PM GMT
Hopefully they step Fakir D’oudairies up in trip.
It’s already won on the new course where it’s stamina was better put to use.
Poorly placed by connections in the supreme when it would of won the triumph and now they have dropped it in trip after its easy win over 2 and a half miles at Fairyhouse. 10/1 at the moment, but will obviously shorten if connections see sense!
Report miltons sophie February 1, 2020 6:47 AM GMT
Tornado Flyer is far too good a horse to be available at 50s. A good performance tomorrow which could happen and the price will crash and likewise with a good performance from Itchy Feet. Most of the others have now been well found.

I agree with England that FD should run in this but cannot say he is value at 6 nrnb

Master Tommytucker clearly has bundles of talent. Reminds me of Might Bite but have no idea how he has recovered from fall or whether festival is on his agenda and if so which race.
Report buddeliea February 18, 2020 7:58 AM GMT
Have Mr Fisher at a nice price, but Hendo saying that soft ground could see him switch to the Arkle, so watch your bets!!
Report GAZO February 18, 2020 8:16 AM GMT
after reading hendo in racingpost i got the impression he fancys the arkle but maybe connections fancy the marsh
Report buddeliea February 18, 2020 8:36 AM GMT
Gazo
He said before start of the season that he would go chasing over 2 and a halfm.Thats why i looked for JLT prices as he was quiet firm about it.
Its only recently with all this rain he has started to mention the arkle.
Think he still prefers the JLT as hec says thats ideal for him, but we all know what ground can do to plans!
Just thought i would cover just in case, as i think hes a real natural jumper, and could have a big future over the fences.
Report GAZO February 18, 2020 8:59 AM GMT
he talks about a quick horse who wants good going and there is not really a standout british horse in the arkle so that might be the easier race,also easier going may make it better to run in arkle,he doesnt mention the marsh
Report buddeliea February 18, 2020 9:27 AM GMT
On Sky sports racing interview i was watching yesterday, he said he prefers good ground and the Marsh would be his race.
But if it came up soft they would have to consider the Arkle, and went on to say he could not think of a stamd out performer in that division.
He has not mentioned the Arkle until recently, hence the price diifference for both races all season.
Report buddeliea February 18, 2020 12:13 PM GMT
"I would have thought Mister Fisher will go for the Marsh Novices' Chase. I would be surprised if we didn't, but he is quick and we will definitely have a look at the Arkle, as there does not seem to be anything in England blatantly obvious for that race. You may find that the two and a half mile is the stronger race, in which case we could drop back because I would not be frightened to. It could be late decision. He does want the best ground you can get though."

Reading that it does suggest that the Marsh is favoured, but it may depend on the opposition in both races, not just about ground.
Report buddeliea November 21, 2020 8:35 AM GMT
Chantry House was good yesterday....another that Hendo before start of season said 2 and a half chases would be his aim.
Have him and Protektarat against the fav.
They both impressed me with their jumping, although EA werent bad either!!!
Report unclepuncle November 21, 2020 1:21 PM GMT
Obviously Envoi Allen might romp home but there is enough doubt about where he will run, plus the chance of injury etc, to look for some value.

The one I picked out after last years Festival was Janidil of Mullins/McManus who was really impressive when winning a very valuable 2m Handicap Hurdle at Fairyhouse before stepping up to 3m for the Albert Bartlett where he faded to finish 5th - this intermediate trip should be ideal.
Makes his chase debut today in a very hot race at Navan but has been heavily backed so I have taken some 33/1 for the Marsh.
Report unclepuncle November 21, 2020 4:35 PM GMT
Very happy with that.GrinCool
Report unclepuncle April 4, 2021 5:25 PM BST
Good things come to those that wait.Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com