Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 203 comments are related to the topic:
Finians Oscar

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 203
By:
eric_morris
When: 20 Nov 17 23:49
Fk all chance over 2 miles in top class  he would be left by quicker horses then blunder his way catching up with them. Would have to be a very poor Arkle for this to not happen. Lets see it get him in the 2 miler.
By:
eric_morris
When: 21 Nov 17 00:12
Potts horses might be sold on before the Festival they could devalue quite a lot there. If i knew they were probably running Finians in the Arkle i would get him sold quick.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 21 Nov 17 15:47
They’ve already all be transferred to a limited company before his death and will be carried on as now until their retirements
By:
eric_morris
When: 22 Nov 17 11:50
God help punters with these Corals payroll connections announcing where he goes.
By:
Graeme83
When: 24 Nov 17 21:12
I think thyey should stick to the Arkle plan, as long as there's no scarey good 2 miler around. I've saw nothing so far that would put me off. Joe is one of the best out there. He'll know what to do.
By:
joevalue147
When: 26 Nov 17 19:16
He wouldnt see which way Footpad went in an Arkle.   Did you not see Footpad at Navan against race fit rivals?? Brelade a decent yardstick, left behind with the minimum of fuss.  Finians was bought to be a Gold Cup horse.  He has been sloppy so far over fences on occasion. Finians had to dig in and outstayed Movewithetimes last time after Movewiththetimes done him for foot between the last two fences.  I think they could completley destroy him if they ran him in the Arkle.  He just does'nt fit the bill as an Arkle horse.  Footpad, Petit Moucheir, Brain Power(last years 2m champion hurdle contenders) pinging along in the front rank. He'd be out of contention coming down the hill.  Nope, cant have him in the Arkle at all. One sloppy jump and it's curtains. Surely to god it has to be JLT.  He can take it easier early on and work his way into things throughout the final mile and a half.  Connections have already ruled out RSA.   Come on Team Tizzard, do the right thing... JLT him.
By:
joevalue147
When: 26 Nov 17 19:19
Watch Finians first run over fences and then watch Footpads first run. Footpad looked a complete natural and the faster they go in the Arkle the better for him.   If Finians finishes in front of Footpad in an Arkle it's time for me to pack it in ... Laugh
By:
Graeme83
When: 27 Nov 17 00:18
We hear that all the time about the arkle, "one mistake and it's over". Youd think it was the only race with fences, and had more fallers than the grand national. I'd say the pace is more likely to help horses jump better. Yes footpad is good, but when you think back to champagne fever and simonsig, it would be foolish to go another route because of one.
By:
cyclops
When: 27 Nov 17 13:36
Completely agree with joevalue.
Arkle could be very strong - Petit Mouchoir if he's OK, plus Mullins will have others in the mix and Brain Power has just won in some style.
Finian's not a speed horse in their class. If he were mine, I'd go RSA as I'm sure he's a stayer in the making but connections seem unlikely to so, yes, JLT.
By:
eric_morris
When: 02 Dec 17 16:00
Willoughby Court good enough to hold off Neon Wolf over hurdles could easily do the same with Finians Oscar in a JLT.

After the performances of Thistlecrack and Cue Card the stable may not be heading for a good Festival.
By:
sageform
When: 03 Dec 17 19:28
Elegant Escape didn't look too shabby yesterday although he will be a RSA or NH chase candidate. Agree that Willoughby court looked good but so did Death Duty who seems likely to run in the JLT if he runs at the Festival at all.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 04 Dec 17 03:33
This could potentially be the race of the festival. Willoughby Court from the front trying to fend off Finnians Oscar and Death Duty
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Dec 17 11:19
Is Petit Mouchoir not ok? I hope he's sound and being aimed for the Arkle.

I think Finians Oscar is more suited to the JLT than either the Arkle (too short) and RSA (might be outstayed by Yanworth). And Willoughby Court could go JLT, but if RSA bound, a rematch with Yanworth (surely RSA bound) could yield a different result to previous, I firmly believe.

I cannot wait for the Cheltenham Festival to begin with the Guineas quickly to follow.
By:
Jb23
When: 05 Dec 17 15:24
PM out untill Feb impossible123

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/henry-de-bromhead-s-petit-mouchoir-ruled-out-until-2018-1.3272926
By:
sageform
When: 05 Dec 17 16:07
Can't see Yanworth in the RSA. The more fences he has to jump, the more mistakes he will make.
By:
impossible123
When: 05 Dec 17 16:44
Jb23, many thanks. PM is another good horse with a penchant for picking up an injury with regularity, it seems. He could the 1st antepost of mine to bite the dust prior to the event. Now relying solely on Footpad for a bit of recompense (hopefully).

I think at this juncture Yanworth, unless his jumping improves to Gp 1 standard, the pace of any Gp1 16f-20f chase may be too quick for him. I think over 24f the more sedate pace and extra distance of the race will allow him more time at the fences and chances of catching-up too. Also, he's little stamina worries at 24f than some of the others including Willoughby Court, in my opinion.
By:
joevalue147
When: 05 Dec 17 18:03
Finians Oscar entered in 2m novice at Sandown to set up a potential clash with Brian Power, Sceaux Royal  and North Hill HarveyShocked .   Easy to back on here though and having opened up at 13/8 with Billy Hills now hes available at 7/2 so maybe connections have decided to stick to 2 and a half miles.  Praying that's the only reason for the drift and a problem has'nt arisen.  Maybe they are waiting for an easier race over 2mile.  ????
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 05 Dec 17 19:16
Think they've said they have entered him purely because it's a Grade 1, but are more likely to wait for Cheltenham.
By:
eric_morris
When: 05 Dec 17 23:14
Think everyone knows he isnt quick enough for the Arkle. They will wait to see what is in the JLT in march and if Willoughby Court shows up can see them missing Cheltenham and going to Aintree again with Finian’s Oscar.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Dec 17 15:16
1.45 Sandown
Finian's Oscar is unbeaten in two races over fences at around two and a half miles this season, but drops back to two miles. The dual Grade One-winning novice hurdler had been expected to line up at Cheltenham next week, but trainer Colin Tizzard decided the horse was in such good condition that he may as well strike while the iron is hot.

"It looks a cracking race. There's good prize money and Finian's Oscar is in really good form," said the Dorset handler. "Do we wait a week for Cheltenham or go for this one? We saw no reason why we shouldn't go for this one. That's why we're here."
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 13:54
I thank you

eric_morris 20 Nov 17 23:49 Joined: 27 Jun 10 | Topic/replies: 4,533 | Blogger: eric_morris's blog
Fk all chance over 2 miles in top class  he would be left by quicker horses then blunder his way catching up with them. Would have to be a very poor Arkle for this to not happen. Lets see it get him in the 2 miler
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 13:59
Really?

Graeme83 24 Nov 17 21:12 Joined: 21 Sep 07 | Topic/replies: 9,041 | Blogger: Graeme83's blog
I think thyey should stick to the Arkle plan, as long as there's no scarey good 2 miler around. I've saw nothing so far that would put me off. Joe is one of the best out there. He'll know what to do
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 14:00
Still this..

eric_morris 02 Dec 17 16:00 Joined: 27 Jun 10 | Topic/replies: 4,535 | Blogger: eric_morris's blog
Willoughby Court good enough to hold off Neon Wolf over hurdles could easily do the same with Finians Oscar in a JLT.

After the performances of Thistlecrack and Cue Card the stable may not be heading for a good Festival
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 14:02
They have just ruined the horses confidence over a trip he was never going to lay up in. First time out screamed that out.

The Tizzards real howler there.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 09 Dec 17 14:03
JLT or Aintree ???
By:
Desmond Orchard
Dead right Eric.
They went a fair old clip and he just couldn't go it.
Worryingly, for his supporters, is how far off these he was. He seemed so slow you couldn't think another half mile would see him mixing with the best novices. He's perhaps a touch short of top class.
By:
Desmond Orchard
Dead right Eric.
They went a fair old clip and he just couldn't go it.
Worryingly, for his supporters, is how far off these he was. He seemed so slow you couldn't think another half mile would see him mixing with the best novices. He's perhaps a touch short of top class.
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 14:04
Aintree next but horses confidence destroyed.
By:
Desmond Orchard
When: 09 Dec 17 14:12
Power was fairly easy on him once he knew he was out of his depth. So I'm not sure it will leave a scar mentally.
He will be more comfortable in his fencing if going a step slower.
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 14:39
Have to be pretty poor to not win a race at the Festival with this really talented horse but it looks likely now after they p*ssed punters around last year on his running plans imo. Karma as a punter but sorry for the horse.
By:
duffy
When: 09 Dec 17 16:29
He was beat the moment the tapes went up, stable have had a bad day, it was too bad to be true today, so for sure I'd be giving him another chance, but yes, the JLT looks the right race on balance.
By:
sageform
When: 09 Dec 17 16:39
Ainchea, Golden Surprise and Ultragold still ran well for Tizzard today and Fox Norton won £32k for second in the TC. Most trainers would be delighted with a day like that. Finians the real bomb out.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 09 Dec 17 17:10
Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but I imagine CT is kicking himself tonight. Looked a very poor decision to run him here, very early.
By:
impossible123
When: 09 Dec 17 19:08
I thought connections admitted it was a mistake coming back in trip despite needing every yard to win over 20f the previous time. I also think connections were reported to have said the RSA would be the target at Cheltenham; if so, he could meet Yanworth another less convincing Gp 1 fencer at Cheltenham next March.
By:
eric_morris
When: 09 Dec 17 19:19
He has the pace for 2m5f but it may not matter as his confidence was destroyed today. He may find one staying on better at 3m where his sharp turn of foot might disappear at the longer trip.

Pleased he isnt in any bets this year thought they might mess him up.
By:
firstimevisor
When: 09 Dec 17 21:05
I don't know yet what his ideal trip is, but it sure wasn't just the trip that beat him today. He never travelled at any stage and was tailing further off the longer the race went on. That run can just be ignored. Something was clearly wrong with the horse.
By:
buddeliea
When: 10 Dec 17 08:20
yep,i would be inclined to put a line through that yeaterday.
His next run will tell us more.I have never thought hes a 2 miler,but he would not have performed over any distance yesterday.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 10 Dec 17 08:53
He’s far from a natural chaser, doesn’t jump his fences very well at all
By:
impossible123
When: 11 Dec 17 13:52
I did not watch his last race however, the race prior he jumped ok but needed every yard of 20f to beat the 2nd whose name slipped me at the moment. Nevertheless, I think the RSA (if his jumping warms up thro' the race) would have a favourite's chance come race day; the conundrum could be...Finians Oscar or Yanworth - both non-natural jumper - but hugely talented.
By:
sageform
When: 11 Dec 17 16:30
entered at Cheltenham on Saturday.
Page 3 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo