Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 203 comments are related to the topic:
Finians Oscar

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 203
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 17 Jan 17 13:57
Another little boost for him. Mr Clarkson won nicely at Exeter and is 2 from 2 since running behind FO.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 17 Jan 17 16:46
Excited
By:
impossible123
When: 08 Feb 17 23:57
Finian's Oscar is running in the 2nd race at Exeter on sunday. Tizzard: "I'm not sure whether he'll go for the Supreme or the Neptune at this stage. He looks more of a two-and-half-miler but then he's not slow and we've decided to wait and see how he fares on sunday."
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 09 Feb 17 09:29
Interesting race on Sunday, some nice horses entered although Messire Des Obeaux and Keeper hill likely to be pulled as they run at Huntingdon today. I am on for the Neptune so hoping he runs well @ Exeter and then heads there. The form of his first couple of runs is still a bit up in the air but Western Climate which ran 3rd in the Hereford race went out and won a novice race at the same track on Tuesday. That horse now rated 120 and was beaten 17l so suggests Finian's OR could be pretty close to 150.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Mar 17 13:27
Neptune bound Love
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 08 Mar 17 15:10
Grin
By:
impossible123
When: 08 Mar 17 16:54
Very brave to take on Neon Wolf, Messire Des Obeaux and Bacardys in the Neptune and not the Supreme, I thought.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Mar 17 17:02
As opposed to Melon, Ballyandy Movewiththetines etc?

Just don't see any real difference in quality as we stand. Best to focus on what trip is best for the horse and think they've chosen the correct one.
By:
DontBeSakhee
When: 08 Mar 17 17:40
I'm delighted with that, just hoping for a Supreme shift for the Wolf now!
By:
impossible123
When: 11 Mar 17 14:33
Commiseration to his backers for Cheltenham. Hope Finian's Oscar can return at Aintree next month.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Mar 17 14:54
Bummer Sad
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 12 Mar 17 09:44
One after the other for me this year Sad
By:
buddeliea
When: 12 Mar 17 10:26
Unlucky Catch,it was a good call mate.
Hope you have some good ones left.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 08 Apr 17 14:31
I love that horse Love
By:
eric_morris
When: 08 Apr 17 14:59
Shame they were scared off the Neptune by Neon Wolf. Could have had a Neptune in the bag. Dont buy the injury bsht
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 08 Apr 17 16:40
Yeah, the Tizzards are well known for avoiding other horses...
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Apr 17 13:23
That made tough viewing for Cheltenham backers Sad

Still, very pleased for the horse. He looks a very exciting prospect, and I think that was a really hot renewal and will prove to be very good form in time. Sounded like Tizzard was favouring Chasing with him.

JLT or RSA?! Sure that debate will run and run...
By:
eric_morris
When: 11 Apr 17 07:53
JLT or RSA or neither with him pulled out wknd before Festival again ffs the layers will be in clover antepost with this haasrse.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 13 Oct 17 20:41
Interesting to hear ahead of his debut tomorrow Tizzard saying he prefers the "prestigious" of the Arkle over the JLT at this stage
By:
DontBeSakhee
When: 14 Oct 17 11:47
I’m surprised, given his PtP profile, and the debate last year over not running over 2m at the Festival, you’d have thought the choice would be between the JLT and RSA!
By:
eric_morris
When: 14 Oct 17 17:42
So this haarse will do one of -

a) run in the RSA
b) run in the Arkle
c) run in the JLT
d) do the same as last year and connections avoid any decent opposition the weekend before the Festival and go to Aintree
e) out due to injury

If it is any of a, b, c you can get 8/1 - 12/1 or if same as last year, loads of umming and aahing from the Tizzards and money down the shtter right before the Festival. Lovely. God luck with that one. Impossible these days antepost with so many options.
By:
eric_morris
When: 14 Oct 17 17:43
Oh of course i missed the press doing a hype job on him ..

f) run in Gold Cup
By:
cufcno1
When: 14 Oct 17 23:36
Would get ran off its feet in the arkle,jumped far too big and slow,I know it was its first run and the jumping will improve but I would go up in trip now!
By:
eric_morris
When: 15 Oct 17 00:11
If you are right that means we are down to five possible options :)
By:
sageform
When: 15 Oct 17 08:40
Very early days but RSA would look the most likely at this stage.
By:
eric_morris
When: 15 Oct 17 10:46
Anyone looking to lay the preverbial out of him for 4 different races and the chances of being injured or rerouted to Aintree want to add a bit of optimism for guessing backers who might want to contribute to their Christmas fund?
By:
deepingfox
When: 15 Oct 17 21:34
A better field at Cheltenham next time out will be very interesting. Quicker pace will show us more, and lead the trainers thoughts on a Festival target. For me, like Cue Card before him, the trainer will run over 2m+ in the season, and then drop him into a fast run Arkle in March.
By:
kavvie
When: 16 Oct 17 11:51
arkle not a hope.not near fast enough.rsa would be too extreme.  jlt looks the one at the moment..but as stated above things change rapidly ..
By:
eric_morris
When: 16 Oct 17 12:10
8/1-12/1 whats the point in trying to guess a 1 in 6 chance of him making your selected race and then actually winning it. Extremely extremely bad value ante post.
By:
sageform
When: 16 Oct 17 12:21
agrre that he is not an ante post play unless you want to bet any festival race and even then you have to believe he will run there at all.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 26 Oct 17 16:52
ARKLE 14/1 with bit of bookies money from today + Fauckeen in CH + Death Duty RSA
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 17 Nov 17 14:31
What a warrior LoveLove
By:
geoff m
When: 17 Nov 17 14:50
So what did we learn in space of 10 mins from 3 interviews on RUK
Tizzard reckons he could easily step back to 2 (Arkle)
Cooper  reckons hes fine @ 2m4 (JLT) next year he can go 3
Don Mclean reckons (RSA)

@ least thats muddied the waters even more than giving any clarity.

JLT imo.
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 17 Nov 17 16:44
I’d go JLT but can see Colin Tizzards thinking, his jumping does seem to be better at pace and he showed one heck of a turn of foot after the last
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 17 Nov 17 16:47
Arkle then the Gold Cup 2019.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Nov 17 17:48
Tizzard always seems to go to great lengths to make sure you don't know which race his novices will go for at the Festival. It is getting ridiculous now. Maybe they will be moved to another trainer now not sure what happens in these cases.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Nov 17 20:06
Are the Tizzards still sponsored by Corals?

I find it very disturbing that Tizzard last season lead punters to different races at the Festival for the extremely well backed Finians Oscar and then pulled him from the whole Festival JUST THE WEEKEND BEFORE the Festival only for him to win easily a couple of weeks later at Aintree. Surely this has to be investigated. His jockey virtually laughed at the idea of the horse dropping back to 2 miles straight after todays race yet Tizzard is still going out of his way trying to put punters onto the Arkle as it is becoming very conspicuous now.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 17 Nov 17 22:03
easygold • November 17, 2017 4:03 PM GMT
Early days for me with the jumps although I backed Samcro at nice prices for Ballymore, I see him being odds-on come the race so hopefully he goes for that contest.
This fellow is a dosser in front Oscar, I think they know that know thank god..... JLT for him (FO)

...muddied the waters even more Devil
By:
cyclops
When: 18 Nov 17 09:58
I think that which race the horse runs in in March will be the least important item on their agenda right now.
Those who want to speculate, fine, but if he were mine I'd be exactly the same. Expressing a firm preference now would simply invite opprobrium later if plans change.
By:
resner not lesnar
When: 19 Nov 17 17:42
Think he would benefit from a fast run 2 miles, better when he has less time to think about the fences. I wouldn't be that surprised to see him in the Arkle in the end
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com