Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Cash Is King
01 Mar 16 17:31
| Topic/replies: 1,339 | Blogger: Cash Is King's blog
Derek O'Connor - Native River (NH Chase)
Jamie Codd (Probable) - Noble Endeavour (NH Chase), Cause of Causes (Kim Muir)
Nina Carberry - Our Father (Kim Muir)
Pause Switch to Standard View Leading amateur jockey bookings - NH...
Show More
Report scooby91 March 1, 2016 5:40 PM GMT
Is o'connor deffinately confirmed for native river?? as at a preview night he said he was on southfield royale if he is going to go for the race.
And last I heard tizzard was hoping to get him to ride.
That would put doubt in southfield royales participation.
Report Cash Is King March 1, 2016 5:58 PM GMT
Native River is set to have the services of Derek O’Connor when he tackles the National Hunt Chase at Cheltenham.

The Colin Tizzard-trained six-year-old won a Grade Two at Newbury before finishing third at Kempton and Wetherby.

Leading amateur O’Connor won the four-miler at the 2011 Festival on Gordon Elliott’s Chicago Grey.

Tizzard said: ” In his last two races he hasn’t tried too hard and he will almost certainly run in the four-miler. I think we’ve secured the services of one of the best Irish amateurs in Derek O’Connor, and that’s massive.

“We schooled him in cheekpieces before his run at Wetherby, he was jumping deliberately and going everywhere, but then we schooled him in cheekpieces before his run at Wetherby and he went like a good thing.

“We’ll either put blinkers or cheekpieces on at Cheltenham to see if they’ll make a difference.

“What he does is stay and if it is genuine good to soft ground he’s got a wonderful chance.”
Report scooby91 March 1, 2016 6:03 PM GMT
Yeh iv seen that on sporting life. Was published the day after the preview night where o Connor said southfield royale.
"I THINK we've secured the services of Derek o'connor"
I haven't backed either so no worry to me, but I wouldn't take it for granted.
Report scooby91 March 1, 2016 6:05 PM GMT
DOC-  Might be on Southfield Royale in the 4m.Tom George rang him about the Kim Muir and said he has a couple on good marks.Gave Battleford for the bumper.
Report paulo47 March 1, 2016 6:20 PM GMT
As I recall Nichols said Will Biddick on Vicente .
Report Jb23 March 1, 2016 6:33 PM GMT
Cant remember where I read it (May have been on here) but Codd is being lined up for Aupcharlie in the Foxhunters
Report scooby91 March 1, 2016 6:34 PM GMT
Jb was in the same preview.
Report bigben March 1, 2016 7:03 PM GMT
Surely Nina will be on Minella Rocco in The NHC.
Report Jb23 March 1, 2016 9:13 PM GMT
Cheers Scoob
Report shockster March 3, 2016 3:32 PM GMT
David Maxwell is the owner/rider of Mendip Express.  He is far worse than Pendleton and they have NO CHANCE whatsoever in the Foxhunters.  I have foolishly backed it and I accept that I have wasted my money after not reserching the jockey.

If any of you would be kind enough to watch either of the horses last 2 VICTORIES then I would appreciate your opinion.  Believe me seeing wins next to this horse should not encourage you to back it.  He is 2nd top rated behind On The Fringe, but don't be fooled.

Just trying to help.
Report JackieMoon33 March 3, 2016 3:43 PM GMT
I believe Mr Maxwell is also riding Mon Parrain in the Kim Muir too. Good news as he keeps the weights down for everyone else :-)
Report Leonardo March 3, 2016 4:09 PM GMT
Derek O'Connor has decided to ride Minella Rocco NOT Native River according to RP
Report festivalfanatic March 3, 2016 4:22 PM GMT
On Sporting Life website too. Begs another question though.....what is Nina going to ride in the race?
Report maelduin March 3, 2016 4:24 PM GMT
^^ Great news.
Report JackieMoon33 March 3, 2016 4:34 PM GMT
Third time lucky for Derek. His ride has improved each time he's been associated with a horse in this race :-)
Report Sir Gary Neville March 3, 2016 4:35 PM GMT
As a NR backer that's annoying re DOC, Colin needs to get Nina on the phone sharpish.
Report shockster March 3, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
Agree SGN.
Report delsie777 March 3, 2016 5:12 PM GMT
Probably riding something for Gigginstown
Report Sir Gary Neville March 3, 2016 5:20 PM GMT
Yeah probably right unfortunately, delsie. Anyone else decent left? Katie Walsh not bad I suppose.
Report marychain1 March 3, 2016 5:22 PM GMT
I reckon Nina will be on Measureofmydreams. Might stick a cheeky few quid on while there's some 16s.
Report ACStafford March 3, 2016 5:24 PM GMT
That is disappointing as a Native River backer. Tizzard needs to act quick.
Report yeast March 3, 2016 5:26 PM GMT
Poor show from O'Connor if he had already committed to Native River.
Report yeast March 3, 2016 5:35 PM GMT
Apologies for the "if". Definite poor show for O'Connor:

"I was delighted to get the call to originally ride Native River, and I hate to let connections down, but Minella Rocco is favourite for the four-miler."
Report ReaseHeath March 3, 2016 7:34 PM GMT
Probably difficult to turn JPM down when he comes calling - Minella Rocco's course form would n't fill you with confidence anyway, flimsy favourite on the back of one improved chase performance last time.

The best Irish amateurs are likely to be on the best Irish contenders for the most part - Mr. Tizzard could do worse than ring Sam Waley-Cohen - his dad does n't have an entry in the race and he is a Gold Cup winning jockey after all!
Report bigben March 3, 2016 8:57 PM GMT
I wondered if SWC may ride Southfield Royale given the Waley Cohens own half of The Young Master.
Report jimeen March 3, 2016 9:04 PM GMT
In all fairness it was Tom Malone who said he booked Derek O Connor to ride Native River, and nobody takes litle Tom seriously.
O Connor is  faced with the choice of riding for a billionaire like JP or an ex journeyman jockey who has reinvented himself a  some sort of bloodstock agent. It was hardly a difficult choice.
Report Cash Is King March 6, 2016 11:04 PM GMT
Nina Carberry confirmed for Southfield Royale (NH Chase).
Report marychain1 March 7, 2016 7:45 AM GMT
excellent news
Report Sir Gary Neville March 10, 2016 9:59 AM GMT
Any word on who'll ride Native River anyone? Must be running out of decent options :(
Report Arsene March 10, 2016 10:59 AM GMT
I know bigben mentioned SWC for Southfield Royale above, but if Nina is confirmed for that ride, it leaves SWC available for Native River
Report roobuck March 10, 2016 11:26 AM GMT
Hard to believe I'm saying I want SWC for one of my picks but yes for NR. And let RDF go for RSA and Patrick can ride Measureofmydreams. Thanks
Report harry callaghan March 10, 2016 12:48 PM GMT
M.Legg booked for native river gary on racing post website having a good season tbf to him
Report Sir Gary Neville March 10, 2016 2:32 PM GMT
Thanks Harry, had missed that. Can't say I know much about it but looks to be having a decent season as you say.
Report Cash Is King March 11, 2016 3:06 PM GMT
Nina Carberry declared to ride Knock House for Mick Channon in the Kim Muir.
Report Cash Is King March 13, 2016 11:36 AM GMT
Will Biddick riding Vicente (NH Chase), Doctor Harper (Kim Muir) & Current Event (Foxhunters).
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com