Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
easygame
19 Feb 16 16:15
| Topic/replies: 46 | Blogger: easygame's blog
Gaultstats now updated for the 2016 Festival.  No pictures, no ads, just stuff.  This year a small donation asked for Marie Curie.  Good luck to all.

https://sites.google.com/site/gaultstats/Home
Pause Switch to Standard View Gaultstats - The Only Cheltenham...
Show More
Report timtin February 19, 2016 5:27 PM GMT
"Faugheen unfortunately not quite a machine."

good job but just so you know, all machines go into service so this only proves Faugheen is acting like one, not the opposite! Good luck
Report wellchief February 19, 2016 7:07 PM GMT
Excellent site.  Highly recommended for the handicaps.
Report easygame February 20, 2016 8:55 AM GMT
thanku.  One could say that machines are usually tuned up for the big day?
Report timtin February 20, 2016 10:33 AM GMT
No machine stays free of problems on its life duration. Besides he could've showed up in the CH as the injury is not that serious but have a bigger problem on the day, WPM preferred the safer option. With cars you can risk showing up for the big day and having problems because they can replace the parts rapidly, even though replacing a piston on a Bugatti takes about the same time as Faugheen to recover.
Report wellchief February 20, 2016 10:40 AM GMT
Acid test is if he can come back as good as he was; I hope he will, and I'm sure he will.

That's what I liked so much about Hurricane Fly - beset by injuries early in his career but was as tough as they come.  People sometimes forget how injury prone he was at the start, and who's to say he wouldn't have been even better without them.

You never know Tim, if Annie wins the CH hurdle this year, she'll surely have to defend it next year, so you may get your wish and see Faugheen jump a fence?  Especially as Min may well be in the CH picture next year too. Shame it may take circumstances like this to force thier hand though.
Report timtin February 20, 2016 10:56 AM GMT
Faugheen also had some injuries @chief in his bumper days, he missed the festival with back problems before crushing Josses Hill in that famous bumper. I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see him jump a fence, especially as he has nothing left to prove in the hurdling scene. There's only one horse that did the double and given that Faugheen had enough stamina as a 5yo for 3 miles, as a 9yo he should be suited for the GC test. Thats why he's called The Machine, as he's been doing it at graded level on all sort of trips and over any ground.
Report lead on February 20, 2016 12:24 PM GMT
Not normally great fan of ststs and trends but I read this last night .. great read and I'll be re-reading several times,thank you.
Report easygame February 20, 2016 8:56 PM GMT
Kind words.  Please don't forget a small donation.  My 2016 favourite is the lack of course win/placed form pre Mildmay win. However last 5 have all had a 'sighter' on course in the last 12 months and all had previous experience of the New Course.  Hopefully should cut numbers down. Or else just back the Pipe one.
Report cufcno1 February 20, 2016 9:08 PM GMT
People who like cars are normally weird,horses are more than machines,the same people who like cars are standing washing them on a Saturday dinner time thinking what a boring life I've got,gambling is the best drug in the world,imagine the highlight of your Saturday washing a stupid fuuckin car,next sensation
Report easygame February 28, 2016 11:29 AM GMT
Gaultstats receives favourable review page 13 Racing Post Sunday Supplement today (Feb 28).  My children have already given me feedback on the lack of site design so I apologise for that.  I tell them that it is 'Facts Not Gloss'  Keep throwing a couple of quid in for Marie Curie, please.  Thanx
Report The_LUFCwaffe March 1, 2016 10:18 AM GMT
This is an easy to read guide with good insights, and I like the touch on the bookie offerings (or not).

Normally I hand my money over for Paul Jones book, but this year (sorry Paul) Marie Curie gets the dough.
Report easygame March 1, 2016 12:56 PM GMT
Thank you very much.  Praise indeed.  Its March.
Report easygame March 1, 2016 8:37 PM GMT
For those that didn't see, a fair review of Gaultstats by Robin Gibson of Racing Post on

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/surf-and-turf-will-you-be-there-perhaps-in-a-fetching-tweed-head-warmer/2040140/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

See bottom of the page
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com