Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CheltenhamRoar
13 Oct 15 00:21
| Topic/replies: 5,882 | Blogger: CheltenhamRoar's blog
You heard it here first....

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 236
By:
Paterson92
When: 13 Oct 15 00:34
Oh so the many mentions of the name on Twitter, interviews with Mullins/Ricci, mentions of the horse in the many books doing the rounds, not to mention the sea of blue on odds checker for well over a fortnight now making him a best price 12/1 for the Suoreme Novice Hurdle were irrelevant and we "heard it here first" ... nice try though Laugh
By:
gutfeeling
When: 13 Oct 15 19:33
Lay it.
By:
cufcno1
When: 14 Oct 15 01:59
This time last year I started backing allez columbieres,will be waiting until December time to back any novice !
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Oct 15 08:47
Laugh not a new story!
By:
cufcno1
When: 15 Oct 15 22:44
Min or my ante post bets going Tits up howdi ?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 16 Oct 15 10:41
Literally cant believe the price of this thing...
By:
Paterson92
When: 16 Oct 15 16:53
Did this horse not only finish a modest 3rd in its only run in France? Probably means nothing now as I know Harold Kirk and Willie know what they're doing and what to look for in a horse but is it simply because it's a Ricci owned horse given his record in the Supreme?
By:
gutfeeling
When: 16 Oct 15 17:06
2 runs in France. Same sire as Douvan so someone has got the horn about it.

http://www9.france-galop.com/fgweb/domaines/chevaux/cheval_perf.aspx
By:
duffy
When: 16 Oct 15 17:42
vautour got beat by black river in france....I've lost money on black river ever since over hereGrin
By:
gutfeeling
When: 16 Oct 15 17:43
Good point.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 10 Dec 15 17:21
Don't say you's weren't warned lads WinkCool
By:
Tucho
When: 10 Dec 15 20:00
3/1 Corals not messing about. Plain
By:
scooby91
When: 10 Dec 15 20:39
scooby91 • September 3, 2015 2:51 PM BST

Min neptune 50/1  supreme 25/1  owned by r ricci bought from france and by the same sire as douvan

Yep your the man cheltenham roar Blush
By:
buddeliea
When: 10 Dec 15 21:04
3/1 !!!  Good grief...the worlds gone mad.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 10 Dec 15 21:20
Budd Corals definitely gone mad or perhaps just gone!
By:
buddeliea
When: 10 Dec 15 21:29
Indeed mate,6 is too short .......3.....bloody mad house!!
By:
scooby91
When: 10 Dec 15 21:37
Got to also think of the liabilities they have from the countless antepost post bets at 50s downwards. I'd be assuming the books are massively in the red.  Min runs in the grade 2 Moscow flyer novice hurdle that douvan and vautor ran in next. Mops that up on the bridle and 7/4 it will be for the festival. 6s like it or not will look big on the day
By:
buddeliea
When: 10 Dec 15 21:45
yeh,and after that race 6 might look awful.
All we can do right now is decide if he is value,he obviously is not right now,he has won a maiden hurdle and has no decent form before that.
Hindsight could tell us for sure if he's value,we don't have that.
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 10 Dec 15 21:45
MIN did look very good today but now not much of a betting proposition at the new prices as a single entity. However, it does open the door for a repeat of the 2015 Day One Mullins Acca - Douvan, UDS, Faugheen & Annie Power which we all know was cruelly ripped from us by Annie's last fence disaster. The 2016 version looks like a full on Mullins/Ricci Acca - Min, Douvan, Faugheen & Annie Power. I am going to give it a bash for some fun. The betting Gods cannot be with the bookies again can they !!!!............Sleep on it lads and ladies.
By:
buddeliea
When: 10 Dec 15 21:46
i dare say you will not be the only one HB!!
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Dec 15 21:57
Might not even be RR's Supreme horse yet!
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 10 Dec 15 21:57
Mad as a box of frogs at this stage I know but I would be distraught if it comes home and I missed it at todays prices. I fear they will all shorten between now and March.
By:
buddeliea
When: 10 Dec 15 22:05
Indeed catch,who,knows where all his novices will end up? Doubt they do,so how the heck do we?? Best price 6......Jesus!!!
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 10 Dec 15 22:06
Fair comment CCM but I am prepared to take the chance. My gut says the Ricci novice hurdlers line up as :

Supreme - Min/Townshend (if he ever appears)
Neptune - Long Dog/American Tom
AB - Thomas Hobson

.....I have been wrong before !!! GrinGrinGrin
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Dec 15 22:09
Impossible isn't it.

I do think it said something that he ran Long Dog in the Royal Bond though. Always likes to send one of his best for that race. Hurricane Fly won it, and Champagne Fever was beaten by Jezki en route to winning the Supreme. Add to that they started Min over 2m2f today.

Both are entered in a 2m and a 2m4f race for their next stop... Which presumably will help tell everyone more.

But it could definitely go either way, and whilst the betting suggests Min Supreme and Long Dog Neptune, I wouldn't be wanting to take the short prices that Min is now with that doubt in my mind.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Dec 15 22:09
Was really impressed with Thomas Hobson today HB. Another unbelievably exciting season ahead for RR.
By:
scooby91
When: 10 Dec 15 22:17
Thomas hobson goes handicap or  back on the flat.
Missed out
Yorkhill supreme/ neptune
Bellshill any of 3
Nambour (bartlett)
Pylon the pressure (bartlett)
Up for review (bartlett)
Petit mouchoir any of 3
Bachasson (poss handicap)
Turcagua
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Dec 15 22:19
Was just talking about RR runners though scooby as all of those won't have any bearing on what Min or LD do imo.
By:
scooby91
When: 10 Dec 15 22:21
Imo min 100% supreme.
Neptune american tom/ long dog
Bartlett Pylon the pressure/ turcagua
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 10 Dec 15 22:22
Me too. I thought Thomas Hobson looked really smart. I remember RR talking about him earlier in the season saying he reminded him of Faugheen - "Big engine. Kicks hurdles out of ground. Got a huge engine. Paid a lot of money for him. Hoping he is a G1 hurdler." Emphasised the bit about paying a lot of money and hoping Willie gets it back for him. A little tongue in cheek but you sense Willie has been made aware he asked RR to dig deep for him.
By:
scooby91
When: 10 Dec 15 22:26
Willie said I can't remember where I read today on Thomas hobson after the race he was considering sending him back on the flat.
Sounds to me, Poss with a long term view like max dynamite. Of keeping his handicap mark and Running in the galway plate next year
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Dec 15 22:26
You think he will go AB though? Seems a big ask for a flat bred horse to me? Think he's more likely Neptune myself?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 10 Dec 15 22:27
Ah right, cheers scooby. Hadn't heard that. Makes sense I suppose.
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 10 Dec 15 22:33
Was tilting at windmills a little bit with the AB/Thomas Hobson link. Just trying to fill the AB gap. I don't actually think RR gives a lot of thought to the AB with his novice hurdlers. Your point about TH following Max D route makes perfectly good sense. That feels like a good option. I shall add Max D to win the Melbourne Cup next year to my Acca !!!  MischiefMischief
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 10 Dec 15 22:36
....sorry meant to say I will add Thomas Hobson to win 2016 Melbourne Cup to my Acca.......doh.
By:
delsie777
When: 10 Dec 15 23:33
Min is nailed on to run in the Supreme if he makes it - the whole blinking stable is on!
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 11 Dec 15 12:58
Scooby sounds very bitter imo, a real begrudger.
I'd say your a right hoot at parties Excited
By:
scooby91
When: 11 Dec 15 13:17
Haha cheltenham  roar. I think half of Britain new about min by the time you put it up on here. The only thing I'm bitter about is missing the 50s for the supreme.
I'm 24 years old buy im still wise enough Not to give you the response your looking for
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 11 Dec 15 15:22
LaughLaughLaughCool
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo