Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 242 comments are related to the topic:
Ante Post Musings- Triumph Hurdle

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 242
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 08 Feb 16 12:28
Youve got Corals going 9/2 and in the Post today their saying the race on Saturday told us what wouldnt be winning - some turn around in opinions that lads.
By:
miltons sophie
When: 08 Feb 16 12:42
actually would have been happier if everyone had written him off as would have drifted further - the best way to win money long term imo- watch where everybody goes and go in the opposite direction - wont win often but you dont need to because you win big . Maybe i was the only ig backer that was hoping for an opportunity to go in again - . Of course its possible thats as good as he is but at 7s/ 8s for me it was worth the risk. Also think backers of Zabana should go in again - showed all the signs to me of keeping powder dry.

That said its always nice to hear words of comfort when your moneys down
By:
slowerthanjohn
When: 08 Feb 16 12:47
Well I hope you are right about IG but I'm of little faith, I don't lay off my bets just not my thing but tempted with this one, a case of hoping I'm wrong and wouldn't be the first time.
By:
miltons sophie
When: 08 Feb 16 13:20
slower - on this occasion i think you will have plenty of takers - you are probably right but i am twisting - it will either be a case of fortune favouring the brave - or smart people take their medicine and move on Laugh
By:
slowerthanjohn
When: 08 Feb 16 13:26
I totally understand the ground was awful on Saturday but he didn't travel or jump. I'll let my bet ride but my heart ruling my head.GL to all especially IG backersWhoops
By:
miltons sophie
When: 08 Feb 16 13:29
maybe a compromise and lay if necessary after a couple of flights?
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 08 Feb 16 13:41
The ground was awful in December (as it was on saturday) and it beat the mare fair and square going away in a decent time on going described as Heavy, as they say they always go on it the once and that was his once. You cant go from beating a horse by 2 1/4 going away to then getting beat by it by 7L's, i might be wrong but as you said hes not travelled, made a horlicks of the one down the back as well as the second last. Theyll get him home do a little MOT and a bit of schooling by the Masters of Coolmore. Better ground, poss a bit of head gear applied and youll hopefully see a different horse. 8/1 was a massive over reaction as it doesnt look to me to be a strong Triumph from what ive seen so far. If he lines up on the Friday the Lads will believe he can win - Keep the Faith.
By:
slowerthanjohn
When: 08 Feb 16 13:53
Ha ha I like your positive attitude mrgttExcited he did wear blinkers on the flat so that's a possible avenue? Had to laugh when the expertsCrazy on ATR yesterday said maybe a lack of stamina???? Really he's won over 1m7f on the flat so personally don't see that being the problem. Has been a lot of talk about on him not being the easiest to train, which worries me.

Must say I'd be very interested in another JP horse Campeador for the Fred Winter if he gets the entry, ran far too free first time for Gordon Elliot still was only 2 lengths behind Footpad. If he lines up with some headgear could be very interesting.
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 08 Feb 16 13:55
I meant Ballydoyle lol
By:
wellchief
When: 08 Feb 16 15:20
Have to admit I was very surprised to see a sea of blue on oddschecker for Ivanovich, and now back in to favourite?  Did people watch his race at the weekend?
By:
impossible123
When: 08 Feb 16 15:55
The ground (officially soft) seemed to be a significant factor contributing to the defeat of IG; the previous occasion it was officially heavy, and bearing in mind the majority of the 'front' runners in the Irish Gold Cup did not get home could the official going be wrong ie soft when it was probably heavy or worse? If so, the ground could not be the reason for the defeat of IG as IG had won on heavy but instead something else eg the pace of the race? The winning time was 3 seconds faster than when IG won.

At the present 7/1, there is no value to be had given the horses IG beat I'd hasten to add.
By:
delsie777
When: 08 Feb 16 15:58
Does anyone have strong feelings about Fixe Le Kap? Had a feeling I had heard somewhere that it needed soft ground. Unusual for a Henderson horse, albeit French!
By:
miltons sophie
When: 08 Feb 16 19:02
the trainer himself said he needs soft
By:
knot in wood
When: 08 Feb 16 20:29
pilansberg entered on saturday at newbury,he might want a longer trip over hurdles but be interesting to see how he goes.
By:
Lion King
When: 08 Feb 16 22:14
I just do not get this IG money. Won a maiden and stuffed in G1. Why should he turn up at Cheltenham and be fav to beat a much stronger field. Clutching at straws imo.
By:
blackballed1
When: 08 Feb 16 22:54
As a backer of ivanovich I was disappointed at the weekend! Like a few have said he made a shocker of an error down the back! I still had faith he can comeback and win at Cheltenham. But even I'm a tad surprised by the cash that has piled back in for him and now right back into 4/1 with paddy's! And 6 on here clearly there are either alot of stupid people around or a good few know that the weekends run was a one off and expect a big run next month! I hope so lol
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 09 Feb 16 09:32
The money and confidence behind it is very interesting indeed, there could have been a small problem ? The ground might have been worse than his win in December as there was a lot of tired horses at the meeting although listening to C4 on the morning the description was soft/heavy but good racing ground. its going to be fascinating watching the market and the going leading up to the race. Good Luck All and Keep The Faith.
By:
scooby91
When: 09 Feb 16 12:58
Knot in wood noticed that too and thanks, If he takes to hurdles he could be very very good on flat form imo.
PILANSBERG. Also very interesting owners.
By:
shockster
When: 09 Feb 16 14:21
Good race today at Market Rasen between Wolfcatcher & Kasakh Noir both with penalties and 17L back to the third.  Wouldn't surprise me if these 2 are not far away in the Triumph.  I think Wolfcatcher was a bit unlucky today, but I'm convinced Kasakh Noir has a high cruising speed and will thrive on the fast pace at the festival. I have backed him so maybe a bit biased but we'll know in 5 weeks. 

Also Who Dares Wins has been backed into 14's today.  Wonder where that came from?
By:
maelduin
When: 09 Feb 16 21:19
A few on twitter seem to think that expensive French purchase Zubayr will turn up in the Adonis. Just speculation but PN has done it before with Zarkandar. Would be a very interesting runner.
By:
RBoyd86
When: 10 Feb 16 01:19
Was also pretty impressed with the market rasen race today.

Both animals for diff reason thought wolfcatcher was very professional for only his second run and the way he handled that bad error, his attitude was spot on and you could see via the photo how he really stuck his neck out when the winner came upsides him, he really battled (looked like was going to go by steadily but once upsides really had to grind to go by). Originally (liv, during the race) i was a bit critical of AC as i think he let the winner get momentum on him going to the 2nd last (believe, may of been 3rd last) He rode his fella into it while AC didn't and gave the Winner that added momentum but on second looks i think AC was just going so well that he was just nursing him over and knew he had the second covered (until that bad mistake). I think he has a very good cruising speed and his jumping was very good (bar the error) looks more an Aintree type to me? and wouldn't look out of place in graded races, i think he will be the best of the 2 in time.

I actually backed the winner and although think he was slightly fortunate (i won't use the word unlucky as he travelled, JUMPED and battled so that word wouldn't be fair or right) and as i said above think the horse that came second will turn out the better animal i loved everything about this performance and think he's a v decent animal no thrills but does it all and as shockster said i think he'd thrive at the festival coming of a good place and really staying on up that hill when others have cried enough. I havent looked into his breeding and i may be wrong but looks like could end up staying a bit further and with a bit of cut in the ground maybe? Also was impressed with the ride it was given, gave the horse every chance and was aware that he had to attack early instead of travelling with the winner and then getting beat for a turn of foot, he was aware of his strengths and the favs.
By:
Ming_the_Merciless
When: 10 Feb 16 08:13
Whats the latest on Clan Des Obeaux?

I really like this beast seeing as they are all much of a muchness this year. Weight giving performances in trials are something I appreciate greatly and I've had a nibble at 36's on here.
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 10 Feb 16 14:46
Clan Des Obeaux will only run if Soft or worse no ?
By:
knot in wood
When: 10 Feb 16 15:35
pilansberg beat wolfcatcher 3l over 14f on the flat in france.

all blue on oddschecker looks like there's been money for another french import for paul nicholls called voix du reve, now owned by graham wylie.

tommy silver going straight to the triumph.
By:
shockster
When: 10 Feb 16 16:12
Voix Du Reve is Willie Mullins on Racing Post.  Was 50's last night.
By:
Denman The Destroyer
When: 10 Feb 16 16:16
That voix du reve is actually trained by willie mullins and has had plenty of races in france including 5 hurdle races,winning his last 2.
By:
knot in wood
When: 10 Feb 16 16:22
apologies..yes willie mullins not sure where i got nicholls from.
By:
impossible123
When: 17 Feb 16 21:26
Gibralfaro is friendless here but Who Dares Wins in demand, any idea anyone? Both are trained by A King.
By:
roobuck
When: 17 Feb 16 21:30
Suspect small money based on Kealy putting up WDW in Weekender
By:
maelduin
When: 18 Feb 16 18:04
Purely speculative but someone took all (small money) the > 16 on the exchanges for Zubayr. The talk has been he might show up in the Adonis @ Kempton Saturday week. The one that got away from WPM.
By:
Lion King
When: 18 Feb 16 22:12
The market on BF is looking rather odd. Nearly everything overpriced except the suspect fav!
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Feb 16 10:30
Is Gibralfaro heading for the Adonis as well or any where? A King has stated Gibralfaro would need another prior to Cheltenham.
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 19 Feb 16 13:21
How can Sceau Royal be second fav only just beat du pont who then only beat chic (127) by 2.5L's, if thats 8/1 the fav should be nearer 2/1 and not 4/1 imo, i see the money is coming for the fav again as ive said previously id put a big line through that grade 1, it obviously had an off day, the MOT has been done, the ground will by far more up its street and the money is talking, it wont be long before its near the price it was pre the defeat in the grade 1 lol - keep the faith lads and kevin !
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Feb 16 16:14
Sceau Royal is drifting alarmingly from 9 to 18 - what is happening?
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 19 Feb 16 16:50
Shouldnt be 9 in the first place running or not
By:
mrglovesthosetins
When: 20 Feb 16 14:10
IG got beat in the Grade 1, was 11/4 putting on on here and 11/4 top with the firms, it then got a quote of 8/1 was around 10 on here for buttons, it hasnt run a race since as is now 5/2 with a mickey mouse and generally 3/1, if it lines up what price will JP put this through the floor to/price will it go off ?
KEEP THE FAITH Grin
By:
impossible123
When: 20 Feb 16 18:56
Now Fixe Le Kap and Sceau Royal (same ownership/different trainer) have swap betting positions, and Footpad has drifted (same ownership/different trainer). What a nightmare for punters.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 24 Feb 16 07:57
Zubayr and Khezerabad both entered in the Adonis on Saturday. Could be a defining race for the Uk form.
By:
impossible123
When: 24 Feb 16 11:03
Gilbrafaro and Zubayr is 5/4 and 11/4 respectively for the Adonis, are they justified?
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 24 Feb 16 12:01
Whilst I think Gibralfaro is rightly fav, that does seem short. Against a couple of horses who could be anything. I also think Adrien du Pont could be pretty decent.

The picture should be a lot clearer after this if they all run though!
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com