Forums

Cheltenham Festival

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheVis
28 Jan 14 17:14
| Topic/replies: 17,843 | Blogger: TheVis's blog
Does anybody know if any festival races are shown live over there?
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham coverage in the States?
Show More
Report BlackSamBellamy January 28, 2014 9:45 PM GMT
Where abouts are you? Plenty of Irish pubs will have it on. Watched Royal Ascot in Boston this year. Racing from about 10 in the morning was great
Report TheVis January 29, 2014 9:09 AM GMT
Will be near New Orleans so good to hear that there is a chance of me finding it.
Report BlackSamBellamy January 29, 2014 10:46 AM GMT
Not sure New Orleans will have a massive selection, check out a few bars in the days before there's bound to be one
Report northanlite January 29, 2014 10:58 AM GMT
I have a friend living in NYC who goes to a bar in Queens that opens early to show it.
I realise that is not all that helpful to you vis but my point is that there is coverage available in the USA.
6 hr time difference tho so an early start
Report TheVis January 30, 2014 6:27 AM GMT
I'm not too bothered about the early start if I know somewhere will be showing it.  Getting a bet on could be an issue though Grin
Report shockster January 30, 2014 9:02 AM GMT
I know it's not the same, but if you can't find a pub, you can watch the replays about 40 mins after each race on the sporting life or racinguk website at no cost.  I was in NYC in August and it worked.  Be careful with bets though as I placed some online with PP and they suspended my account as illegal to use them in the US.  They accepted the bet though in the first place.  Not sure about other bookies or bet over the phone.
Report kavvie January 30, 2014 10:04 AM GMT
give someone you trust money before you go or open an ac with an indo..ring wen u wanna bet...cheap and simple
Report TheVis January 30, 2014 11:19 PM GMT
Cheers. Many thanks lads for all the advice so far.
Report NorthernPunter February 2, 2014 12:09 PM GMT
Was in NYC two years ago.....couldn't find anywhere.

Places that previously used to show it now don't :(
Report Marcus Cicero February 2, 2014 10:32 PM GMT
I am in Bermuda and watch Racing UK online which will show all the Cheltenham races. As for betting log-on through Express VPN.
Report TheVis February 5, 2014 1:34 PM GMT
Cheers Macrus I may take a look at that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com