Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 351 comments are related to the topic:
world hurdle 2014

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 351
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 06 Feb 14 22:13
He could be right - Hunter - but jesus it's been the World Hurdle from the word go if its any race. Can't actually believe there's been a debate about it. Those from across the water will fly in and batter AP down to 6-4 SP. If she turns up...obviously the ever so helpful Willie Mullins will keep us all up to date
By:
jasey
When: 06 Feb 14 22:20
I would wager she would start fav.
If you think AP would take care of Big Bucks in his prime then 7/4 may be a good price.
I think money will come for BB as well
By:
wellchief
When: 06 Feb 14 22:21
I personally think she'd win the World Hurdle, win the Mares and place in the Champion (although not all in the same festival Laugh)

She is a lot better than Voler La Vedette, who gave Big Bucks a mighty scare, and that was when Big Bucks had a smooth prep and was probably at the peak of his powers.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 06 Feb 14 22:30
I wrote almost the exact same on another thread a week or so ago. Agreed. If she stays she wins.
By:
yeasty
When: 06 Feb 14 22:30
I've just taken some of the 11/4 NRNB with BVict. It's hardly the value bet of the century but if she runs then we seem to agree she's favourite, and possibly a v short price favourite. I love Big Bucks but every book will surely be out to get him and it will take an astonishing effort to win. Just not sure the rest are good enough.

My only concern is that I've never seen AP need to get stuck in and battle. But with money back for a no-show and the inevitable shortening if she's (eventually) given the WH as the target there seems to be little downside in the 11/4...
By:
jasey
When: 06 Feb 14 22:43
You would expect a future gold cup winner to stay
By:
alleged22
When: 06 Feb 14 22:49
lets wait till she wins a worthy race before we proclaim her as the next GC winner, jeeesus Laugh
By:
wellchief
When: 06 Feb 14 22:51
365 is the one to back her with if you want to have a little bit now.

11/4 NRNB, but they're doing B.O.G on the four championship races, so if for some reason she does run in the WH and drifts on the day, you'll get the better price.  It's antepost with no down side!
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 06 Feb 14 22:51
Took 6-1 a while back NRNB
By:
yeasty
When: 06 Feb 14 22:53
Thanks wellchief but i can get about 3p on with 365. It's clearly a better offer but if she runs and is bigger than 11/4 on the day then I reckon I'd be expecting to lose my bet anyway!
By:
yeasty
When: 06 Feb 14 22:54
That's a good bet to be sitting on Ballydoyle. Nice one.
By:
wellchief
When: 06 Feb 14 22:57
Haha, no probs Yeasty.  Luckily I can get on as much as I want with them, but that probably means I don't win enough and they're more than happy to accept my hard earned cash Laugh
By:
Graeme83
When: 06 Feb 14 22:59
I think she will go for the 2 miler
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 06 Feb 14 23:05
Laugh
By:
buddeliea
When: 07 Feb 14 07:54
Took 40nrfb last March for the CH,and have since taken 5 nrnb for the WH.

From a racing point of view I would love to see her in the Churdle,it would add to what will be a great race with or without her. The WH I don't really get excited about,its just a stayers race for me.
If the owner agrees with me which I hope he does,then we may get to see her in the CH,he certainly wanted that at start of season it appears.
I don't know where she will end up,at this moment none of us do,although some seem to think they do!!
If they are confident that HFly cannot be beaten by AP and her 7lb concession,then maybe the WH will be her race,thats if they are also confident she stays well enough of course.
Me,as I have said a few times now,i don't think any horse can give her 7lb(aside the unexposed UDS)and I would go for the biggie.
As also said,this season is a stepping stone to chasing,so go for the big one while you can Mr Ricci!!!

My gut feeling though is she wont be at the festival, I really hope im wrong.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 07 Feb 14 08:00
Me,as I have said a few times now,i don't think any horse can give her 7lb(aside the unexposed UDS)and I would go for the biggie.

So you reckon that Un De Sceaux would be able to give Annie Power 7 pounds and win but the likes of say Hurricane a Fly wouldn't? You must rate Un De Sceaux very very highly
By:
buddeliea
When: 07 Feb 14 08:04
No, I meant hes unexposed Bally,which means its POSSIBLE HE COULD as I don't know how good he is,whereas Imo the others that are more exposed cannot beat her giving 7lb.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 07 Feb 14 08:10
I'd take Hurricane Fly in a match bet with AP and UDS all day long personally over 2 miles.
By:
Tory
When: 07 Feb 14 22:35
11/4 AP NRNB has to be the bet in this race. If she runs and stays then i certainly think she wins.

I'm adamant she'd stay but if she doesn't run then it's big bucks for me. The others just aren't good enough
By:
duffy
When: 09 Feb 14 02:04
Had to have a little bit on fingal bay at 130..just in case he rips it up tomorrow and he turns out to retain all his potential and ability and emerges as an outsider with a squeak.
By:
BJG
When: 12 Feb 14 12:00
The Ladbrokes World Hurdle
Class 1, Grade One, £275,000 Total Prize Fund, three miles. Cheltenham,
Thursday, March 13, three miles. For four-year-olds and upwards which are allotted a
rating of 130 or more by the BHA Head of Handicapping following a review of the horses
entered and after taking account of races run up to and including March 6 - horses which
are not qualified for a rating in GB, IRE or FR may also be entered (such horses may be
eligible providing the Handicapper is satisfied that the horse's racecourse performances
up to and including March 6 would merit a minimum rating of 130 - the decision of the
BHA Head of Handicapping shall be final). Weights: 4yo: 11st; 5yo+: 11st 10lb; fillies &
mares allowed 7lb. Entries closed January 14, entries revealed January 16 (29 entries).
Scratchings deadline February 11 (24 remain), £13,750 supplementary entry stage &
six-day confirmation stage March 7, final declarations 10am, March 11. Form figures
supplied by Weatherbys and are correct up to and including the racing of Monday,
February 10.
Form Horse Age Owner Trainer
1111-111 ANNIE POWER (IRE) 6 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
1111-4U2 AT FISHERS CROSS (IRE) 7 J P McManus Rebecca Curtis
4022314 AWAYWITHTHEGREYS (IRE) 7 Karen Bowen, Saith O Ni & The Hedonists
Peter Bowen
11111/1-3 BIG BUCK'S (FR) 11 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls
2/11FF-16 BOSTON BOB (IRE) 9 Andrea & Graham Wylie Willie Mullins IRE
426-161 CELESTIAL HALO (IRE) 10 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls
3/2F0-44 COTTON MILL 7 Bloomfields John Ferguson
112/12r-1 FINGAL BAY (IRE) 8 Carol Skan Philip Hobbs
124-32U1 HOLYWELL (IRE) 7 Mrs Gay Smith Jonjo O'Neill
r121-231 MALA BEACH (IRE) 6 Chris Jones Gordon Elliott IRE
411P-22 MEDINAS (FR) 7 Frank & Hilda Bell Alan King
35/223-P MEISTER ECKHART (IRE) 8 Atlantic Equine Alan King
By:
BJG
When: 12 Feb 14 12:01
1P-U5113 MICKIE 6 Ludlow Racing Partnership Henry Daly
113/121- MONKSLAND (IRE) 7 Patricia Hunt Noel Meade IRE
1-111 MORE OF THAT (IRE) 6 J P McManus Jonjo O'Neill
1/111/11- QUEVEGA (FR) 10 Hammer & Trowel Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE
42-01314 REVE DE SIVOLA (FR) 9 Paul Duffy Diamond Partnership Nick Williams
12P-1421 RULE THE WORLD 7 Gigginstown House Stud Mouse Morris IRE
115-222 SALUBRIOUS (IRE) 7 The Johnson & Stewart Families Paul Nicholls
10-54111 SAPHIR DU RHEU (FR) 5 The Stewart Family Paul Nicholls
632-405 THOUSAND STARS (FR) 10 Hammer & Trowel Syndicate Willie Mullins IRE
132-4033 TRUSTAN TIMES (IRE) 8 Mrs M E Armitage & Peter Armitage Tim Easterby
23-03216 ZAIDPOUR (FR) 8 Susannah Ricci Willie Mullins IRE
141-222 ZARKANDAR (IRE) 7 Potensis Limited & Chris Giles Paul Nicholls

24 entries remain after February 11 scratchings deadline
8 Irish-trained

THE FOLLOWING 5 ENTRIES HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED:DEDIGOUT (IRE), RETURN
SPRING (IRE), RUBI BALL (FR), SMAD PLACE (FR), WHISPERING GALLERY

Timeform Ratings (Weight-Adjusted)
187 Big Buck's
185p Annie Power
181 Quevega
176 Zarkandar
174 Celestial Halo
174 Thousand Stars
174 Monksland
173+ Saphir du Rheu
By:
wellchief
When: 16 Feb 14 14:22
Shame Dunguib hasn't got an entry in this
By:
wellchief
When: 16 Feb 14 14:29
^^^ Good to see the old fella back in the winners enclosure again.  Looked something like his old best, but what a week for Fenton with Last Instalment as well.

Looks like he'll be entered into the Coral Cup at Cheltenham now, according to the trainer.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 16 Feb 14 19:05
Couldn't seriously back Dunguib to win this surely?
By:
Markphisto
When: 26 Feb 14 20:16
If the money on here is anything to go by Moreofthat is World Hurdle bound. 16's to 8's in the past  few days and AFC has been weak too
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Feb 14 07:32
Mount Benbulben an interesting late comer.
25 nrnb available if interested.
By:
ThunderRoad
When: 27 Feb 14 13:14
A race that ultimately comes down to Willie Mullins and where his horses go. Big Buck's is my favourite horse of all-time, I followed him off a cliff for 3 years and he won me some great money. At his peak, he was clearly the best staying hurdler ever but those days are obviously passed. That being said, he was still the best horse in that Cleeve Hurdle. Sam sat too prominently off a strong pace [the ground was absolutely bottomless], kicked for home too soon and ultimately got caught by two stayers (who had each been held up and got a nice tow in). Add to that his 14 month absence and the fact he'll be much fitter at Cheltenham, combined with the likely better ground (BB goes in any ground, but his absolutely best performances have arguably come on good-to-soft/good) and nothing from that race will beat him again.

However, the one horse who could (and will) beat him if she turns up is Annie Power. I genuinely think Annie will prove herself to be one of the best mares we've ever seen, I don't doubt her ability to stay and the race is obviously Willie's aim for her (if not the owners aim). Receiving 7 pounds from Big Buck's would probably have been too much to concede at his very best, and I think she'll prove too fast for him if she goes the World Hurdle route. With the long-term aim apparently the Gold Cup, Mullins clearly doesn't doubt her staying power and I think she'll win if he gets his way and enters her. I have a bet an antepost bet on BB for the WH and AP for the CH, so my hope is that Annie goes down the Champion route, but it's looked ever more likely in the last few weeks that 3 miles is where she's destined.
By:
Ramruma
When: 02 Mar 14 23:34
Jonjo might have been right that AP should have chosen More Of That rather than At Fishers Cross.

This race seems to be the antithesis of the Champion Hurdle. In the Champion, each of the runners has the ability to win on his day and granted racing luck. In this race, I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that none of the likely runners is good enough to win.
By:
shockster
When: 03 Mar 14 12:45
Betfred 3/1 Big Bucks for a limited time.
By:
BJG
When: 03 Mar 14 13:45
Noel Meade has withdrawn Monksland from the Ladbrokes World Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival as he revealed several members of his string are under the weather.

Monksland has been sidelined since winning the Christmas Hurdle at Leopardstown in December 2012, but the County Meath trainer still hopes to get him back on the track this season, with races at Aintree, Fairyhouse and Punchestown to be considered.

"He's good, but he's just not going to Cheltenham," said Meade.

"We've got a bit of a problem here with a few dirty noses and temperatures and whatever, so he's not going to go.

"Liverpool is a possibility and there's Fairyhouse and Punchestown, hopefully.

"Any of the other places are possibilities. We'll have to see how we get on."
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 04 Mar 14 19:29
The Jonjo O'Neill-trained six-year-old burst on to the scene this season with an impressive display in a Haydock handicap in November.

A month later he was stepped up in class for the Relkeel Hurdle at Cheltenham, where he was a cosy winner under JP McManus' retained jockey Tony McCoy.

But with McCoy riding the McManus-owned At Fishers Cross in the World Hurdle, More Of That now requires a new jockey.

O'Neill has indicated a preference for using Richie McLernon, who has ridden the horse before, but the owner's racing manager Frank Berry said: "All being well, More Of That will run at Cheltenham. We haven't really thought about who'll ride him yet, we'll leave it late."

More Of That is quoted at 9/1 by Sky Bet to win the Ladbrokes World Hurdle, with Annie Power hardening into favouritism at 15/8.

After scaring us last week the view that RM might be in for the mount this is good new, BJG could be available.
Page 9 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com