Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 351 comments are related to the topic:
world hurdle 2014

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 351
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 23 Dec 13 00:35
Clarky has no one told you Walsh don't ride for Nicholls no more?

Big Bucks is gonna be 11 years old coming back from a season out.11/4??LAY
By:
sageform
When: 23 Dec 13 15:42
I really can't see past Big Bucks and Solwhit with Celestial Halo as the third one to consider. Does anyone see those three all beaten if they turn up? This is the most reliable race of the festival to back last years form.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 23 Dec 13 16:05
I'm sure it's a race that greatly favours ages between 6 and 8. I can see two out of the three beaten anyway cos only one winnerLaughSeriously though, Big Bucks is the one to beat but 11yo come March coming back? Do they come back at that age?
By:
kevinglass
When: 23 Dec 13 16:13
11yo, perhaps. But Big Bucks had more than half a year off to recharge his batteries. 

He probably went on a cruise round the Med, then a few extra carrot juices in the summer. However, he was so much better than the rest, that even if he's not quite as good he'll still win, but PN loves a challenge like this, so 3/1 or so if pretty good if you ask me. It will be if he turns up in March!
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 23 Dec 13 16:27
It's looking a bit thin for competition this year. Big Buck's at 11 after all that racing and a year off due to injury isn't for me at that price. Reve De Sivola seems a better horse pre Christmas. Solwhit is solid without inspiring massive confidence. I very much liked the cheeky beating the new kid on the block (More Of That) gave Salubrious especially given how close that one would have gone on Saturday had he not missed out the second last but until he goes three miles one can't be sure he'll stay and he's only had a few runs.
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Dec 13 16:35
Depends on ground. Reve De Sivola was 4th last year on Good. If it happened to be Soft he'd have a very good chance.

Annie Power is not to be dismissed.

Probably a bit fanciful to think Boston Bob could win it but stranger things have happened.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 23 Dec 13 16:42
I've flung a few quid ew at Salubrious at 25/1. I felt that he wouldve given Reve a lot to do if he hadn't blundered badly, indeed Nicholls said the jock stated "he wouldve won". If that is so he wouldn't be 25/1.

Won at festival last season and will stay the trip, an improving horse who doesn't have that much to find with More of That who is a 10s shot.

Where is Solwhit by the way?
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 23 Dec 13 16:42
Annie Power good horse for sure, as is Zarkandar.
By:
buddeliea
When: 23 Dec 13 17:36
Solwhit entered over xmas.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 23 Dec 13 18:05
Ballydoyle

It's all opinions but I think More Of That not only had a good amount in hand on Salubrious but is entitled to improve quite a bit more given he's only seen a racecourse four times and is a year younger.
By:
sageform
When: 23 Dec 13 20:01
If BB, Solwhit and Celestial Halo all run on the day and have not shown any really poor form between now and then, they will be around 7/4, 4/1 and 12/1 with Reve De Sivola on soft/heavy the only other contender. I watched Solwhit replay today and although CH made a bad mistake at the last, Sol won with any amount in hand and won even more easily at Aintree.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 23 Dec 13 22:11
Yep More of That a decent nag too but short for me at 8/1
By:
Clarky9
When: 23 Dec 13 22:58
Hope this helps Ballydoyle:

Nicholls was adamant that he remained on good terms with Walsh, and that there would be occasions on which they teamed up again in the future.

“No way at all have we had a split or a falling out, like people try to make out," he said.

"We’re the best of mates, always will be. I’ve just got to respect his decision. I’ve known about it for some time.”
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 24 Dec 13 02:27
Well I hope that helps you my friend cos I've not put down the £200 ...Jacob will be on Nicholls best, Fehily on stand by and Walsh will be pulled in by Mullins. Plus you have to have Walsh avoiding injury also.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 24 Dec 13 09:59
We've seen Nicholls stand by his principles before. It would send a bad message to jock off a perfectly capable jockey in Jacob just for one ride. He isn't as good as Ruby but if the horse is good enough it shouldn't fail through the pilot.
By:
Clarky9
When: 24 Dec 13 23:06
Surely you'd be jocking off Ruby? The man who has ridden him everytime on the winning run?

Also, I've backed it at 4/1 not 1/4 Ballydoyle you fool. What price would you have priced it at?
By:
sageform
When: 26 Dec 13 08:24
It will be surprising if Mullins does not have a significant contender for the World Hurdle and under current arrangements, Ruby will ride it.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 26 Dec 13 11:18
You've taken 4/1 and not 1/4? So what? I'm saying it's a piss poor bet. Big Bucks is gonna be 11 coming back from injury and sorry when was last time Walsh rode for Nicholls? Mug
By:
Graeme83
When: 27 Dec 13 20:24
Only bet i've had for this race is rule the world @ 41/1. I'll find out soon enough if the odds were any useful.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Dec 13 17:03
Solwhit missing today's race is not to clever. Trainer worried about having time to squeeze in a prep race now.
By:
sintonian
When: 28 Dec 13 17:04
When I say not to clever, I mean in terms of the race overall. Clearly the horse has missed his race today due to lameness not through design.
By:
wellchief
When: 28 Dec 13 22:17
Interesting race at Cheltenham on New Years Day. Annie Power, More of That and Zarkandar over two and a half. Hopefully all turn up because it could enhance the World Hurdle claims for one of them.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 29 Dec 13 01:35
Very interesting race indeed...
By:
duffy
When: 29 Dec 13 13:01
mouth watering.....Zark doing the donkey work and the other two stalking.
By:
HaylingBilly
When: 30 Dec 13 02:46
Do you guys think Zarkandar will run in World Hurdle ? or do you think it will depend on whether Big Bucks is fit and well ? Cant see any way PFN will run him in another Champion Hurdle so its either World Hurdle or skip The Festival and go for the 2.5 mile Hurdle at Aintree. I really hope he goes got he World Hurdle. Been keen to see him over 3 miles for a couple of years now.
By:
buddeliea
When: 30 Dec 13 07:50
Gut feeling is he wont be at Cheltenham, and will be kept fresh for Aintree.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 30 Dec 13 10:44
Celestial Halo looks overpriced at 16/1 to me, owner has already stated his intention to run irrespective of how Bucksy comes back, second last year, fairly versatile with regards to ground and tactics, already proved his well being albeit he missed his last engagement with a minor ailment.

I don't really see how he can be a bigger price than AFC or RDS.

I think he beat AFC on merit at Newbury but even if you don't subscribe to that view, AFC's subsequent run and problems are offputting.He also beat RDS comfortably at Newbury yet is 6 points bigger when we know RDS will need very soft ground to be competitive.

Big Bucks and Solwhit have to prove their well being, More of That has to prove he's up to the standard. Don't think we can be certain Annie Power and/or Zarkandar will run and Boston Bob has not achieved a lot to date.

Appreciate I'm couching the argument to make my case but he looks lower on the list than he should be.
By:
sintonian
When: 01 Jan 14 12:00
Celestial Halo definitely beat AFC on merit last time out and he was conceding him 4lb. Though you would have to argue if the form is strong enough as AFC has not won out of Novice company and looks gone for the season to me.

Boston Bob was favoured by the weights yesterday but won it easily and it was as pleasing a return to hurdling as you could hope for. He jumped neatly.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 01 Jan 14 16:03
Clarky...you'll be pleased to see Boston Bob and Annie Power win for Ruby eh?Laugh
By:
splinterboy82
When: 07 Jan 14 22:25
Reading quotes from Andy Stewart tonight it's pretty obvious Bucks is still Ruby's ride if he wants it....very interesting to see what happens - I'd guess for all those Annie Power backers if no Ruby on in Cleeve she's heading for World Hurdle...

With Ruby Walsh, on board for 16 of those successes, no longer Nicholls' jockey and Tony McCoy, who deputised the other two times, likely to be claimed for a JP McManus runner, interest is increasing.

"I'm looking forward to talking it over with Paul with a rum punch," said Stewart.

"Paul has obviously got Daryl Jacob, Nick (Scholfield) and he can use Sam Twiston-Davies as long as his father hasn't got any runners in there, so there are lots of options.

"Ruby might decide he wants to ride Big Buck's and not Annie Power, or Annie Power might go for the mares' race or the Champion Hurdle instead.

"Daryl has done very well with Celestial Halo both at Auteuil and at Newbury and I'm happy for Paul to make the decision.

"After all, I thought it was an absurd idea when he decided to run the horse over hurdles after he unseated Sam Thomas in the Hennessy.

"The one thing I can say is we won't be hiding it under a bushel and whoever's riding him in the Cleeve will be lined up to riding him in the World Hurdle."
By:
Tory
When: 07 Jan 14 22:58
I want ruby on board but it will be a very very hard sell from to Mullins and ricci. I'd imagine wants to be on board but......

Either way, BB is def still his if be wants it
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 07 Jan 14 23:53
Is it absurd to think that if Ruby Walsh rides BB in the WH, and Annie Power goes champ hdl, it's cos they think or feel that BB is back and will win it again? Cos they got the fly in the champ hdl too aint they and whatever happens in the cleeve, if walsh aint on board, AP will prob therefore go world, they don't think bucks will win and so should be laid?

Or lets put yet another spanner in there: Devil

Personally i have a feeling that AP wont be at Cheltenham at all Shockedthis season and will be kept for either Aintree or Punchestown, they have BB HF and Quevega and RW can't ride two horses in the same race can he. She is a young horse after all!
By:
jasey
When: 08 Jan 14 03:03
STS.You should take your best horse to festival.
Ruby can win the world hurdle on AP or spend 2 and a half mile off the bridle on Boston Bob
By:
buddeliea
When: 08 Jan 14 07:49
Annie Power should be at the Festival imo,and WH would be most likely I would think as she looks a stayer. Unbeaten over hurdles and will almost definitely go chasing next season, so this is the only chance they will have as re a big hurdles win at Cheltenham. Just cannot see the Riccis passing that by.
If she is being aimed at the WH then Ruby will want to ride her,course he will.
And that's his job now,no1 jockey for Mullins.
By:
ACStafford
When: 08 Jan 14 13:39
Has anyone heard anything about Celestial Halo? Will he be running again before Cheltenham?
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Jan 14 14:24
Ruby is employed by Mullins & Ricci now. I think he will turn them down out of professionalism.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 08 Jan 14 14:31
Ruby has to and will ride whatever WM has in the race unless it is a total no-hoper just out for the occasion. He no doubt would like to have ridden Seabass in last years GR national but declined.
By:
duffy
When: 08 Jan 14 14:32
I agree, and he'll definitely turn then down when considering the bigger picture going forward,if I was walsh I'd make a point( however subtle) certainly for the benefit of Ricci of pointing out that he now knows where his loyalties lie, you never know, but it could be used against him in the future if there is a problem sometime, you'd probably want to keep that owner firmly on side I'd have though!
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Jan 14 14:36
Fine now, is the last I read ACstafford. Not sure where he is running next.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 08 Jan 14 15:09
Ruby will be on Big Bucks that i am confident of. As nasty as trainer and owner can be am sure they will allow it. This is another reason why Annie will be in the champ hdl imo.

Seabass was ridden by his sister wasnt he? And so family loyalty and all that, permission to shoot me down if i am wrong Mischief
Page 3 of 9  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com