Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Denman The Destroyer
31 Dec 12 15:48
| Topic/replies: 479 | Blogger: Denman The Destroyer's blog
Ambion Wood finally makes an appearance at Exeter,looked a very promising horse last year and looking forward to seeing it jumping.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 11
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 31 Dec 12 15:50
me too - trainer was on the upward curve until the problem, deserves a change in luck.
By:
Denman The Destroyer
When: 01 Jan 13 13:54
Obviously something amiss there.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 01 Jan 13 17:46
Wow that was woeful.Stopped as if shot
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 01 Jan 13 17:49
stable might need time to find their feet after equine herpes problem...watching brief for time being.
By:
roobuck
When: 01 Jan 13 18:05
Unfortunately couldn't back anything from the stable until they start showing some form.

I am sure the horses that are running are fine, but they must have had to stop for a period while they had the problem?
By:
turnip turns
When: 01 Jan 13 19:42
Ambion Wood is absolutely fine after his run at Exeter today but he’s a very soft individual. He chested a fence and may have strained some muscles which didn’t help him at all. If he gets pus in his foot, you’d think he’d broken a leg, so I’m hopeful he’ll run again in about three weeks to a month. His first two runs last season were disappointing and he needs a couple of races to get fully wound up. Ideally, he needs a couple of racecourse gallops, but with the ground as bad as it has been, you just can’t ask to do this.

He’s run on heavy, wet ground, but not ground like today, so while I’m feeling disappointed at the moment I think there are valid excuses. It’s a tall order to get a horse fully wound up to perform well on ground like that.  I was pleased with his jumping and so was Jack (Doyle), and I’m confident he’ll make a decent chaser.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 01 Jan 13 19:59
thanks, turnip - if he's as soft as his trainer says, RSA won't be the race for him in any event!
By:
turnip turns
When: 01 Jan 13 20:09
no worries and agreedCool
By:
rogerthebutler
When: 01 Jan 13 21:21
...and if he turns up, sounds like he'll be better price on the day
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 01 Jan 13 22:14
Ambion Wood is absolutely fine after his run at Exeter today but he’s a very soft individual. He chested a fence and may have strained some muscles which didn’t help him at all. If he gets pus in his foot, you’d think he’d broken a leg, so I’m hopeful he’ll run again in about three weeks to a month. His first two runs last season were disappointing and he needs a couple of races to get fully wound up. Ideally, he needs a couple of racecourse gallops, but with the ground as bad as it has been, you just can’t ask to do this.

Nothing like contradicting oneself,eh?Crazy
By:
bluebirdfan
When: 02 Jan 13 21:16
Sounds like he won't turn up at Cheltenham then
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo