Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 415 comments are related to the topic:
The Triumph Hurdle

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 6 of 11  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 415
By:
BJG
When: 13 Feb 12 12:56
Sadler's Risk leapt to the head of the bettingfor the JCB Triumph Hurdle with a win at Kempton last month and Hobbs is looking at a return to that track for his next outing.

"We are aiming to run him back at Kempton again on Saturday week in the Adonis and then Cheltenham after that," Hobbs added.
By:
Michrich
When: 13 Feb 12 20:50
Anyone think Darroun is over priced now that Hisaabaat won yesterday. Seemed to stumble at the second last in his previous race and then rallied back to beat a subsequent group one winner.

From irishracing.com

Willie Mullins trains Darroun for Susannah Ricci and he said: "Better ground suits and he's improving all the time.

"He'll jump a fence in time. Paul really got him jumping today and he seems to be more confident jumping on better ground. He'll go for the Triumph.

"Paul said he appeared to lose his action a bit turning in but he seems to be okay."
By:
Terry Venables
When: 13 Feb 12 22:54
Shamar - Willie Mullins

Entered up this weekend at Gowran

Willie Mullins gave him a favourable mention recently.

Worth a few quid at 60 on her.
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Feb 12 15:48
Now decided to take 10's on Grumeti. Price is going and whilst there are one or two hands to be played, Sadlers Risk,Minsk, they represent no value at this stage and I cant be having Kings runner out the frame. Cool
By:
harry callaghan
When: 14 Feb 12 15:51
Good decision sint...lots can happen between now and the race but his first run against his elders reads well to me and is a nice 10-1 ew a pleasure for me....
By:
sintonian
When: 14 Feb 12 15:58
Yup this is a race you dont want to play in too early and ive tried not to get involved for various reasons but just 4 weeks to go now and when you consider his races Grumeti has not done much wrong, and won the trial. I think Pearl Swan was given a great ride by Ruby the last day, just stalking out the back, and was rightly banned by the stewards. Not sure what he was moaning about.

Minsk could be anything but as already pointed out by Strontium it is very unusual for a horse to have one run prior to winning this like Zarkander did.

Sadlers Risk looks a potential good'un but 8/1 too short for me.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 14 Feb 12 16:11
Well I know it seems strange but I'd say grumeti is better than that run...just thought it came plenty soon enough after his fall at newbury...given time to freshen up I have little doubt he will turn the tables...just my opinion
By:
R.O.Gibraltar
When: 14 Feb 12 16:44
Nicky sends one out in the first at kelso tomorrow. Hopefully it will put up a good show as i'm on it at 33/1 for the triumph.
By:
marychain1
When: 14 Feb 12 17:12
Is that Une Artiste?
By:
R.O.Gibraltar
When: 14 Feb 12 17:19
Lyvius.
By:
tricky69
When: 14 Feb 12 18:59
How good is the Irish Triumph Hurdle contingent? If what we saw on Sunday was the best crop then i'm loving my 50s and 40s I have on Hisaabaat, who looked v impressive against the best Irish lot. First time blinkers (in a NH race) seemed to make all the difference like on the flat. Fingers crossed. What do others think?
By:
Chopper76
When: 14 Feb 12 19:38
Heard the whispers about Lyvius myself
By:
Masterminded
When: 14 Feb 12 19:41
What are the whispers saying?
By:
Jiggysmut
When: 14 Feb 12 19:48
Darroun has to be the value at 20's with Ladbrokes still. More improvement in him, and proved he's superior to Hisaabaat, (albeit not factoring in H's improvement for blinkers), and since when has Willie Mullins not been able to target one at a festival race...
By:
tomdeane
When: 14 Feb 12 19:57
Daily update from Grumeti - had a wander, a pick of grass, very easy canter up the woodchip. Back in time for the afternoon slot of Neighbours. Spent a little time watching the Triumph opposition on replay and happy to confirm that Pearl Swan won't beat him in March.

Had a few polo mints, another pint of guinness, and crossed off another day on the calendar. Looking forward to Kempton, where Sadler's Risk will get a rude awakening.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 14 Feb 12 20:08
Tom didn't think he definitely goes to the adonis?? thought king said it maybe a tad to close to cheltenham??
By:
Chopper76
When: 14 Feb 12 21:29
The whispers are than he is the Hendo No 1. Strange that Trevor H bought him as is known for his grand chasing types
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 15 Feb 12 00:05
I'm sorry but, why would hendo send his best triumph hope to kelso? No disrespect to kelso like, but it is a heck of a long way! People are all saying we have not seen the triumph winner yet, ok this time last year we hadn't but when was the last time this happened and last year we had the worst winter for ages also with loads of abandonments, we aint had anywhere near as many as last this year so far! In fact i would go as far as to say we have seen the winner of all the novice races now. They will all go to cheltenham on the back of 2 runs, min! IMHO of course Wink
By:
strontium
When: 15 Feb 12 00:10
STS - The year before (though he had run in France before the Adonis)
By:
BJG
When: 15 Feb 12 19:25
Lyvius --- Henderson said: "He's been travelling the country for three weeks trying to get a run, including when he came up to Musselburghten days ago.

"I hoped he might be a Triumph Hurdle horse but based on what we've seen today I'd like him to have another run before throwing him into that company, and we might not have the time to do it. His hurdling technique is not quite there but he'll learn an awful lot from that."
By:
sintonian
When: 17 Feb 12 15:42
Alan King has said Grumeti will go straight to Chelts now due to the Adonis being a week later this year. Happy with that, nice profile, 3 starts 2 wins with a toughening up fall inbetween.
By:
pun run
When: 20 Feb 12 00:15
urbain de sivola up on tuesday, interested in seeing how he goes...
By:
Wicketd
When: 20 Feb 12 00:25
how likely is balder succec to go?
By:
tomdeane
When: 20 Feb 12 00:42
Wicketd, have started a thread about this one. King says he will go to Cheltenham but not sure which race. I think he'll run in the Supreme as the ground on day one would probably suit more, he'd get 8lb and has already shown he is more than comfortable on those terms taking on older horses.

And I think he has a respectable chance. Have backed him at 40s.
By:
Wicketd
When: 20 Feb 12 01:03
Ah, missed that! Yeah I think he looks more of a supreme horse but backed him for the triumph. :( We'll see.
By:
sintonian
When: 21 Feb 12 14:10
Ifyouletmefinish just dead-heated with Urbain De Sivola at Taunton. Another form boost for the Grumeti/Pearl Swan fans imo.
By:
strontium
When: 21 Feb 12 14:14
And more bad news for the Nicholls yard.
By:
Dark Destroyer
When: 21 Feb 12 14:16
Grumeti beat him 15 lengths receiving 13lbs, Pearl Swan beat him 4 lengths receiving 11lbs, Urbain de Sivola just dead heated receiving just 2lbs. Not quite sure how to pick the bones out of that lot but I wouldn't be writing UDS off just yet (lets hope his connections agree!).
By:
marychain1
When: 21 Feb 12 14:22
Was about to post something similar DD.

Think Saturday will be very instructive in the Triumph, as Nicholls races both Dildar and Dodging Bullets in the Adonis (although both entered for the 3.40 as well).

2:00 » Kempton SAT 25 FEB 2012 
WILLIAMHILL.COM ADONIS JUVENILE HURDLE GRADE 2 (CLASS 1) (4yo) CH4

Good 2m Number of runners: 13

STANDARD CARDAT-A-GLANCE CARD
NO.    HORSE    AGE    WGT    TRAINER RTF%    JOCKEY    OR    TS    RPR
1     5-16    Baby Mix28      4    11-5    Tom George64         —    127    139
2     1F1    Grumeti28    4    11-5    Alan King59         143    129    149
3     141    Dark And Dangerous68      4    11-2    Brendan Powell43    Brendan Powell     125    110    128
4     1    Dildar25    4    11-2    Paul Nicholls46         —    77    116
5     1    Lyvius10      4    11-2    Nicky Henderson63         —    92    123
6     1    Sadler´s Risk42      4    11-2    Philip Hobbs38    Richard Johnson     —    94    136
7        Dodging Bullets193F    4    10-12    Paul Nicholls46         —    —    —
8     3P    Gottany O´S33    4    10-12    Donald McCain48         —    57    120
9     0    Hurricane Herbie104    4    10-12    Nick Williams60    Tom Scudamore     —    —    —
10        Kayalar10F    4    10-12    Evan Williams27         —    —    —
11     53    Orthodox Lad14    4    10-12    Ed de Giles100    Felix De Giles     —    107    123
12     931111    Une Artiste7      4    10-12    Nicky Henderson63         132    97    135
13        Zarzal10F
By:
marychain1
When: 21 Feb 12 14:24
Grumeti and Keys entered in the

« 3:40 » Kempton SAT 25 FEB 2012 
WILLIAMHILL.COM DOVECOTE NOVICES´ HURDLE GRADE 2 (CLASS 1) (4yo+) CH4
Good 2m Number of runners: 12

STANDARD CARDAT-A-GLANCE CARD
NO.    HORSE    AGE    WGT    TRAINER RTF%    JOCKEY    OR    TS    RPR
1     3U-511    Double Handful40      6    11-6    Lawney Hill67    David Bass     117    85    127
2     1    Agent Archie107      5    11-2    Donald McCain48    Jason Maguire     —    132    135
3     4-642    Crescent Beach50    5    11-2    Jennie Candlish    Alan O'Keeffe     —    97    115
4     111-22    Keys7      5    11-2    Nicky Henderson63         —    121    149
5     75    Nazreef34F    5    11-2    Hughie Morrison100         —    119    127
6        Vitznau19F    8    11-2    Alastair Lidderdale    Will Kennedy     —    —    —
7     1F1    Grumeti28    4    11-0    Alan King59         143    134    154
8     1    Dildar25    4    10-11    Paul Nicholls46         —    82    121
9        Terre Du Vent105F    6    10-9    Tom George64         —    —    —
10        Dodging Bullets193F    4    10-7    Paul Nicholls46         —    —    —
11        Kayalar10F    4    10-7    Evan Williams27         —    —    —
12        Zarzal10F    4    10-7    Evan Williams27         —    —    —
By:
Benji_p
When: 22 Feb 12 00:40
Im on Ranjaan @ 16s was told before this ran its maiden it wasnt upstaged by big bucks and celestial halo on the gallops.

First race out come second in a decent maiden just behind urban de siviola, second race it fell at the second hurdle, paul nicholls has stated this was caught out due to the hurdle swinging, and the last 2 races its beat whats put in front of it, it definately improves and would definately reverse the form with urban de sivola. Giant of an horse. 

Same whispers told me to back Katchit for the Triumph have told me to get on this.
By:
Benji_p
When: 22 Feb 12 00:40
Im on Ranjaan @ 16s was told before this ran its maiden it wasnt upstaged by big bucks and celestial halo on the gallops.

First race out come second in a decent maiden just behind urban de siviola, second race it fell at the second hurdle, paul nicholls has stated this was caught out due to the hurdle swinging, and the last 2 races its beat whats put in front of it, it definately improves and would definately reverse the form with urban de sivola. Giant of an horse. 

Same whispers told me to back Katchit for the Triumph have told me to get on this.
By:
alleged22
When: 22 Feb 12 07:42
we,ll have another real short favourite when minsk wins well the weekend
By:
BJG
When: 22 Feb 12 12:10
Scratching made for 11
The remainder pay scratching deadline fee

Amok (IRE) (Mr D. R. Passant) Tim Vaughan................................................................. 4 11 0
Arctic Reach (Holistic Racing Ltd) Brendan Powell ..................................................... 4 11 0
Ardlui (IRE) (Mr T. Barr) Alan King .................................................................................... 4 11 0
Argocat (IRE) (Mrs Fitri Hay) Tom J. Taaffe, Ireland................................................... 4 11 0
Asaid (Bloomfields) John Ferguson....................................................................................... 4 11 0
Baby Mix (FR) (GDM Partnership) Tom George .......................................................... 4 11 0
Balder Succes (FR) (Masterson Holdings Limited) Alan King ................................. 4 11 0
Celebrity Sevi (IRE) (Mr John P. McManus) D. K. Weld, Ireland .......................... 4 11 0
Corsican Boy (Mr Irvin S. Naylor) Rebecca Curtis....................................................... 4 11 0
Countrywide Flame (Estio Pinnacle Racing) John Quinn........................................... 4 11 0
Creekside (Bloomfields) John Ferguson............................................................................. 4 11 0
Dark And Dangerous (IRE) (North South Alliance) Brendan Powell................. 4 11 0
Darroun (IRE) (Mrs S. Ricci) W. P. Mullins, Ireland ...................................................... 4 11 0
Darwins Theory (IRE) (Mr M. D. Ryan) John Queally, Ireland .............................. 4 11 0
Dildar (IRE) (Mrs Johnny de la Hey) Paul Nicholls....................................................... 4 11 0
Discoteca (Gigginstown House Stud) Gordon Elliott, Ireland .................................. 4 11 0
Dodging Bullets (Martin Broughton & Friends) Paul Nicholls ................................. 4 11 0
Dysios (IRE) (Mr Kieron Gammell) Denis W. Cullen, Ireland .................................. 4 11 0
Early Applause (Mr C. W. Jenkins) Charles Hills .......................................................... 4 11 0
Edeymi (IRE) (Gigginstown House Stud) A. J. Martin, Ireland................................. 4 11 0
Face Value (Mr Sean F. Gallagher) Gordon Elliott, Ireland ........................................ 4 11 0
Grumeti (McNeill Family) Alan King ................................................................................... 4 11 0
Hinterland (FR) (Potensis Limited & Mr Chris Giles) Paul Nicholls ..................... 4 11 0
Hisaabaat (IRE) (Dr R. Lambe/Dominick Glennane) D. K. Weld, Ireland ......... 4 11 0
His Excellency (IRE) (Gigginstown House Stud) Gordon Elliott, Ireland ........... 4 11 0
Hollow Tree (Brannon Dennis **** Holden) Donald McCain ................................. 4 11 0
Kapga de Cerisy (FR) (Mr A. Brooks) Venetia Williams ........................................... 4 11 0
Kayalar (IRE) (Mr R. E. R. Williams) Evan Williams..................................................... 4 11 0
Kazlian (FR) (Twelve Pipers Piping) David Pipe ............................................................ 4 11 0
Kie (IRE) (Mr Allan Stennett) Donald McCain................................................................ 4 11 0
Lemon Drop Red (USA) (John Nicholls (Trading) Ltd) Paul Webber ................. 4 11 0
Lexi’s Boy (IRE) (Mr T. G. Leslie) Donald McCain ...................................................... 4 11 0
Lifetime (IRE) (Koo’s Racing Club) Brian Ellison........................................................... 4 11 0
Loch Ard (IRE) (Wicklow Bloodstock Limited) W. P. Mullins, Ireland .................. 4 11 0
Lyvius (Mr Trevor Hemmings) Nicky Henderson........................................................... 4 11 0
Mattoral (The Not Over Big Partnership) Chris Gordon.......................................... 4 11 0
Midnight Oil (Gigginstown House Stud) W. P. Mullins, Ireland ................................ 4 11 0
Military Bowl (USA) (Bowled Over Syndicate) A. J. Martin, Ireland .................. 4 11 0
Minsk (IRE) (Mr Barry Connell) D. T. Hughes, Ireland .............................................. 4 11 0
Mon Desir (FR) (Pearn’s Pharmacies Ltd) Tim Vaughan............................................ 4 11 0
Moujik Borget (FR) (Sunday Lunch Partnership) Venetia Williams....................... 4 11 0
One Cool Shabra (IRE) (Miss Rita Shah) Patrick O. Brady, Ireland ..................... 4 11 0
Pearl Swan (FR) (Mr R. J. H. Geffen) Paul Nicholls .................................................... 4 11 0
Ranjaan (FR) (Highclere Thoroughbred Racing - Ranjaan) Paul Nicholls ............ 4 11 0
Rossvoss (Mr D. F. Desmond) T. M. Walsh, Ireland...................................................... 4 11 0
Royal Bonsai (Mr R. Kent) John Quinn ............................................................................. 4 11 0
Sadler’s Risk (IRE) (Mr R. S. Brookhouse) Philip Hobbs ......................................... 4 11 0
Sarabad (FR) (Mrs S. Ricci) W. P. Mullins, Ireland ........................................................ 4 11 0
School For Scandal (IRE) (Goodwood Starlight Partnership) Jim Best.............. 4 11 0
Scoglio (Mr D. B. Roberts) Dave Roberts ........................................................................ 4 11 0
Shadow Catcher (Mrs Pat Sloan) Gordon Elliott, Ireland ......................................... 4 11 0
Special Robon (FR) (Dr Moira Hamlin) Venetia Williams......................................... 4 11 0
Sportsmaster (IRE) (Mr John P. McManus) E. J. O’Grady, Ireland ....................... 4 11 0
Szabo’s Destiny (Mr M. Wasylocha) Gordon Elliott, Ireland ................................... 4 11 0
Urbain de Sivola (FR) (Potensis Limited) Nick Williams .......................................... 4 11 0
Ut de Sivola (FR) (Philip J. Reynolds) W. P. Mullins, Ireland .................................... 4 11 0
Vendor (FR) (Thurloe 52) Alan King................................................................................... 4 11 0
Wayward Glance (Mr Jack Callaghan) Jim Best ............................................................. 4 11 0
West Brit (IRE) (Mr Tyrone Hanlon) Charlie Longsdon ............................................ 4 11 0
Wingtips (FR) (Ms Sheila Moffett) Andrew Martin ...................................................... 4 11 0
Zarzal (IRE) (Mrs C. Williams) Evan Williams ................................................................ 4 11 0
Dubawi Dancer (F W Golding & E Kirtland) Jim Best................................................ 4 10 7
Gorgeous Sixty (FR) (Mrs S. Ricci) W. P. Mullins, Ireland......................................... 4 10 7
Ninfea (IRE) (Mr Graham White) David Bridgwater................................................... 4 10 7
Pur Style (FR) (Mrs Olivia Hoare) E. J. O’Grady, Ireland ......................................... 4 10 7
Une Artiste (FR) (Mr S. Munir) Nicky Henderson...................................................... 4 10 7
By:
star381
When: 22 Feb 12 12:53
minsk the king
By:
TITCH 1
When: 24 Feb 12 21:26
Have been looking at this race for a while with only my 50,s Kazlian as financial interest, however, what has Pearl Swan done wrong in sitting 6 lengths off a good field, giving grumeti 3lbs, picking them all up before being disqualified, not sure this changed the outcome and not really concerned about that. If i remember PN said he had loads of improvement to come from this horse prior to cheltenham and i dont understand why he is not vying for favouritism imo.
I understand we still have the "hype" horses to hit the track and i,m sure there will be a good performance to come as well as a few disapointments.

10,s seems too big imo and i,m playing.
By:
strontium
When: 24 Feb 12 21:33
I guess it's that people think Grumeti will also improve for that run. He didn't hurdle brilliantly in the early part of that race (perhaps because of his fall in the race before) and tried to hurdle the horsewalk. He'll also probaby have Choc.

I have to say though 10s on pearl seems decent to me.
By:
TITCH 1
When: 24 Feb 12 21:36
Pearl Swan

"Win, lose or draw he has given weight to the second horse (Grumeti) and I can improve him massively. I haven’t had him that long and it was a bit of a rush to run today but I needed to get three runs into him as if I was going to run in the Fred Winter I was going to have to run him today and again. Obviously that won’t happen and he will go for to the Triumph. I’m obviously pleasantly surprised after he had gone in at Taunton [at his first start]. I wanted to see today whether we were going to down the Triumph route or whether we were going to go down the Fred Winter route and just said to Ruby to drop him in and use your speed like what he did. I’m thrilled with him. I just thought he was good from the minute we started with him at home. Everything that he’s done he’s told us he was good. He’s worked with all the nice horses and we’re thrilled with him. It’s just the [short] time we’ve had him and I know that I can get better out of him physically and jumping wise in another six weeks."

Paul Nicholls

3rd February 2012

Wink
By:
TITCH 1
When: 24 Feb 12 21:53
Strontium, hope your right about Grumeti and he goes in tomorrow because these two things will happen;

1- Pearl Swan will have the best form in the book (Nicholls Yard) in relation to the triumph

2- Ruby will be a step closer to riding imo.
By:
strontium
When: 24 Feb 12 22:00
Nicholls has his other (presumably) main hope running in the Dovecote tomorrow - 3 fascinating trials to be run.
Page 6 of 11  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com