Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 415 comments are related to the topic:
The Triumph Hurdle

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 415
By:
stevo1
When: 06 Mar 12 12:11
FFS Grumeti not another fickin bloodbath for ante-post punters, lets hope he is sound not great news with race 10 days away.
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Mar 12 12:11
Not the first time Segal has tipped a horse which wont be running, he tipped Silvianco Conti for the RSA when PFN said he was already heading to Aintree. If you have 60/1 or even 33's then id trade your money back tbh unless PFN has issued an update which I have not read???

Yes read that TT, not good but sounds relatively minor and still just under two weeks until this race so should be fine I hope!
By:
roobuck
When: 06 Mar 12 12:21
With horses like this they might as well go for the best races because if they don't win they are still a novice for next season.

Clearly he should for improve from the experience and I can see the differential in price with the favourite being attractive. Though you can never be sure I would be inclined to think he will run.

Regarding UDS the drift I imagine will be ground related. Unfortunately it looks unlikely that I will be able to get out as intended and anyway I sahll now treat it as money done and not worry about it any more.

My AP is done now. And not as serious as some on here so not going to worry any further about this or any other race until final decs are made. Can do your brains in trying to read 'signs' in the market and reading all the gossip
By:
roobuck
When: 06 Mar 12 12:24
He did tip it with the NRNB in mind and the article said if not there he would have left it at Darroun
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Mar 12 12:27
OK fair enough, had forgot about NRNB. Though Betfair is ante-post rules so represents a good opportunity for those already on.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 06 Mar 12 12:31
Yes PW always tips non runners every year, i am on DB at 40s antepost and think i have done my money though would welcome any turn around from PN!

As for Grumeti, i think its just minor, the news is he has done a shoe, horses break shoes all the time, don't necessary hurt themselves as you see them also doing this on a racecourse and still being allowed to race. Though obviously AK seemed it necessary this time to let the public know of the situation so i think maybe he has hurt is foot on this occasion, though i still think it very minor and the horse be ok with in a couple days which the article also mentions. Backed it at 12s antepost and am not worried at all at this stage though still not perfect to hear!
By:
solvingthepuzzle
When: 06 Mar 12 12:34
Well this is an obscure conundrum wrapped up in a riddle which leaves me bewildered & perplexed! Gonna go with you roobuck & just hope DB & UDS turn up & then give a good account & then hopefully one of them win. Told you this game was easy. Oh & then there's the weather?
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 06 Mar 12 14:47
TRIUMPH HURDLE and what they said...

Paul Nicholls - Ruby will school Dildar on Friday. He has worked and schooled well on Tuesday and there is plenty of improvement to come. He runs in the Adonis and Dodging Bullets runs in the Dovecote. Pearl Swan has the best form so far and I can get him better than last time. All are also in the Supreme so let’s see how Dildar gets on first. Paul Nicholls said Pearl Swan has the best form so far of his horses, but also said Dildar runs this Saturday, against Sadlers Risk. I (Catch Me If You Can) got the impression he has very high hopes for Dildar. Paul Nicholls did say he wouldn’t be surprised if Minsk never ran either this weekend or at Cheltenham! PN- Thought it was a harsh decision to take race away from Pearl Swan.Thinks he has best form & will improve. Dodging Bullets really interesting outsider lots of improvement. Dildar disappointing.

Philip Hobbs - Sadlers Risk is a good horse but let’s get over Saturday first. He has a lot to prove has the potential to be very good. He is my best chance of the week. Philip Hobbs said Sadlers Risk runs this Saturday, very happy with him

Nick Williams - Urbain De Sivola is a jumps bred so our chances are helped a lot if it comes up soft to make this a real stamina test. Nick Williams said Urbain De Sivola would run if ground was on the soft side

Paul Jones - Grumeti is so professional that he looks an each-way steal to me at 10/1. Paul Jones thought Minsk could go off as low at 2-1, as his flat form is far in excess of anything else

Andrew king liked Grumeti and Pearl Swan

Paul Binfield likes Darroun

Ruby and Willie both agree Ut De Sivola is way overpriced,They hadnt got him ready in his last race and wanted to get another run into him for experience,They were confident he's a lot better than he showed last time out.

Ruby Walsh - None really stand out. Maybe Ut De Sivola

Nina put up Darroun and Baby Mix but nobody felt there was a stand out juvenile left in the race.

Paul Carberry gave a mention to Gordon Elliot’s Shadow Catcher as his value in an otherwise open contest.

Tom Segal - Shadow Catcher. TS- 5/10 Adonis winners won Triumph. Likes Baby Mix. Balder Succes also a possible at a bigger price.

Jim McGrath - Shadow Catcher

David Pipe - Kazlian could still run.

Paddy Power - At a preview with Phillip Hobbs who said Saddlers Risk his best chance at festival even if Fingal Bay running. Baby Mix beat him giving 3lb. Early bets taken on Ranjan. Pearl Swan, Shadow Catcher and Balder Success.

Joe Tizzard - Paddy Brennan told him about Baby Mix at the start of season. Felt they were training him too hard when he lost at Chelt.

Jessica Harrington - Irish form does not stand up. Use a pin to pick the winner.

Davy Russell - No bet. Bookies benefit.

Barry Geraghty - Lyvius, if he runs well on Friday in Newbury.

Colm Murphy - Saddlers Risk

Donn McClean - Shadow Catcher

Kevin O’Ryan and Damien McElroy both expressed enthusiasm for Gordon Elliot’s Shadow Catcher and the money is now coming for him.

Damien also thought Darroun is good value.

Snippet from Kevin – Robert Thornton thinks Balder Success is the better of the two Alan King horses but is committed to Grumeti, as it’s his sponsor’s horse.

Ted Walsh Jr and Tony Martin also believed Shadow Catcher was the best value but the former did pass on Ruby’s confidence with Pearl Swan. For such an open looking race this panel didn’t shy from nailing their colours to Shadow Catcher.

Gordon Elliott - His best chances of a winner are ... Shadow Catcher (Will be on the bridle at the last hurdle in the Triumph but doesn't know what will happen after that).
By:
stayonyourfeet
When: 06 Mar 12 17:32
Anyone like Hisaabaat for Triumph 16-1? Wide open race, he was only beaten over a length by Darroun (who is now around 10-1) and won next time (Grade 1), 4th and 5th in that beaten around 7l have won next time out. Slight worry he's not classy enough (rated 82 on the level) but he seems to be improving with each run and trained by D.K, who went the same route with Unaccompanied (much stronger division last year)..
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 06 Mar 12 23:38
i was at Westmanstown preview night last week,and ruby was going through his Charity Bets and someone in the crowd shouted out Dodging Bullets,Ruby laughed and said it wouldnt be very clever tipping a Non Runner as its heading to aintree,He's not going to Cheltenham im afraid lads
By:
paulo47
When: 07 Mar 12 12:10
Like Hisaabaat too , on at 40s downwards after his second to Ut De Sivola , just liked his attitude . Liked the way he picked them up off the bend last time and think good ground might help him up the hill , but wudnt want to see him till after the last . Ok he has been on the go for a long time , the blinds may not work again and the course is a worry but very likeable individual.
By:
solvingthepuzzle
When: 09 Mar 12 16:54
Roobuck - great news Dodging Bullets goes PN must think he deserves his chance.
Oh oh sometimes I get a good feeling - yeh.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 12 Mar 12 00:03
Baby Mix (6) , Grumeti (6) , Sadlers Risk (6) , Balder Succes (8) , Pearl Swan (8) , Shadow Catcher (10) , Darroun (12) , Dodging Bullets (16) , Hisaabaat (16) , Hollow Tree (20) , Urbain De Sivola (20) , Hinterland (25) , Kazlian (25) , Ut De Sivola (25) , Countrywide Flame (33) , Asaid (50) , Royal Bonsai (50) , West Brit (50) , Argocat (66) , Gorgeous Sixty (66)  - Others  66 or more
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 12 Mar 12 00:32
Has it been confirmed Dodging Bullets goes for the Triumph,solving?
By:
solvingthepuzzle
When: 12 Mar 12 20:14
OTS I saw an interview where he stated he lines up. Having said that I believe very little I hear lately in fact I often think the opposite is true.  GL this week & enjoy.
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 12 Mar 12 20:16
Cheers solving,you too mate
Page 11 of 11  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo