Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Can't Catch Me
19 Jan 12 15:52
| Topic/replies: 28,246 | Blogger: Can't Catch Me's blog
We have lots of different threads for different horses, but thought it might be good to start a thread for the race instead of for each contender.

Couple of impressive performances this week. Grumeti yesterday and Ranjaan today. Thought he looked to have really strengthened up and did it well in that ground and in what looked like pretty windy conditions.

Havent backed him myself but thought the 14's SJ are offering looked decent enough.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 415
By:
buddeliea
When: 19 Jan 12 16:28
Still no bet so far for me.
Few ive been quiet impressed with,but nothing stands out enough to take any odds on offer.
By:
bigben
When: 19 Jan 12 19:12
Im not convinced about Ranjaans chances in The Triumph, he was getting 21 lbs from Third Intention today who finished seventh in last years race. I still think that Baby Mix has put up the best peformance so far, i guess we"ll find out more about him on trials day.
By:
tweedledumbtweedletwat
When: 19 Jan 12 19:16
dildar runs at taunton 21st
By:
wakey55
When: 19 Jan 12 20:55
Baby Mix has best form to date. This form is working out well Hinterland in second whom had previously beaten Hollow Tree who then went onto win a grade1 all be it a very weak grade1.

Urbain de Sivola also is looking good value with Ranjaan boosting his form no end.
By:
puc
When: 19 Jan 12 21:27
Nicky henderson's horse hammersly lake has been recruited from france and has decent listed form there.He's 33's for the triumph.Runs in the next couple weeks.
By:
APMcCoy
When: 19 Jan 12 21:39
Most of the fancied horses have won egg and spoon races on the bridle and proven nothing.  They could be anything, but any horse capable of running in the Triumph should have cantered through those races.

First time out Baby Mix took on a decent field with previous experience over course and distance and won very impressively. A previous post mentions the form links through Hinterland, and Jackies Solitaire who was third to Baby Mix had previously had Urbain De Sivola beaten before it fell - form that ties in well with Ranjaan.

If Baby Mix was trained by Handerson or Nicholls it would be 3-1.
By:
strontium
When: 19 Jan 12 21:47
No bet for me yet - probably not until a week or two before the race - but I believe Baby Mix is the best juvenile hurdler I've seen os far this season. In the last two years, the Triumph winner wasn't seen for the first time until mid Feb.
By:
Masterminded
When: 19 Jan 12 21:54
Very rare for me to get involved in this before the day it's a race that has a different fav from week to week. I have however backed Grumeti as I felt he was a fair price & really like his profile. I will add to him on the day.
By:
VikingRidge
When: 19 Jan 12 22:01
tweedledumbtweedletwat thats the one that takes my eye as well.
By:
tomdeane
When: 20 Jan 12 05:53
Masterminded, I have done exactly the same thing.

This is the first time in 15 years of betting that I have backed a horse ante-post for the Triumph but Grumeti did something to me! Was really impressed with the way he pulled clear on debut - looked a very strong horse for his age - and I thought he looked really good again on Wednesday.

Obviously a shame he tipped up but it looked a very soft fall and I would like to think that won't affect his confidence too much. Baby Mix deserves to be favourite on form, but Grumeti looks really smart to me and I am very happy with my bet at this stage!
By:
harry callaghan
When: 20 Jan 12 07:17
Master and tom I have also done the same and may well go in again as really like him...without sounding like an arssse licker tom I also have never punted this race ante post either.

I have to say the way he won on debut against older horses was very impressive and also he wasn't particularly fluent to my eye either, also adds substance to what he achieved...as he can only improve in that department...

Damn shame what happened on Wednesday else think he would of gone outright favourite...he done it so easily up till then as well...I do believe he isn't finished yet and it is hoped that his confidence won't be damaged to much on the back of this defeat...better ground will only see him in an even better light and if he gets the confidence booster before the meeting he will be a serious danger to all...he travels so well in his races and had jumped much better up and till his departure at Newbury...

Lets just hope his confidence isn't dampened to much and he can remain progressive...
By:
R Carver
When: 20 Jan 12 08:02
Any confirmation that Hinterland will run? I think same owners have the one that won at Newbury, trained by Nick WIlliams. I really like Baby Mix, but would be a bit surprised if that was Hinterland's true running (not immediately suggesting Hinterland will reverse the form, and do see him more as a chaser). I imagine a few more may come out in the next few weeks.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Jan 12 09:08
Baby Mix was impressive but looked quite weak to my eye untrained eye. He looked like he had plenty of growing to do.

I wont be getting involved in this race until 1 or 2 weeks before the race. Remember, it was 6/1 the field last year, with many firms offering up 4 places, thats how competitive it was!

Ut De Sivola is underpriced from the Mullins yard. A fortunate winner lto who seems to love Heavy going.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 20 Jan 12 09:17
Trying to turn my fortunes in this race Sint!

Only playing small but got on Grumeti at 12's and happy with that. He impressed me most of the leading market players so far. Agree the Baby Mix form is probably the best on offer, and its interesting that he was relatively unfancied that day. You'd have to imagine he will improve a good bit for that, and if so, would be a tough nut to crack.

Some really nice types again this year, and the race seems to be evolving into one of the best at the Festival for me. I never used to like it particularly, but the increase of flat horses going hurdling seems to have markedly increased the quality of runners.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Jan 12 09:23
I thought the 12's disappeared right after the race CCM Confused

Who knows what these bookies are upto.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Jan 12 09:24
If Dildo is another Zarkandar then the race is probably sewn up already.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 20 Jan 12 09:26
Laugh
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Jan 12 09:32
LaughCool
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Jan 12 09:35
Catch you later. Have to take a load of junk up the re-cycling plant. Plain
By:
revedesivola
When: 20 Jan 12 09:58
itll be interesting to see what the adonis throws up...
By:
strontium
When: 20 Jan 12 11:40
Nicolls seems to have fallen in love with Dildar. But then earlier in the season he said Hinterland was the best juvenile hurdler he'd ever had. I'm prepared to sit it out until the beast's been on a racecourse and if the price plummets so be it Cool
By:
tinkler
When: 20 Jan 12 13:04
Ranjaan looks a little bit special to me, just hope it doesn't come up soft ground and that some thing
that hasn't run yet turns out to be better.
By:
revedesivola
When: 20 Jan 12 14:07
zarkandar wasnt even an intended runner in last years triumph, id say you could count on one hand the amount of people that backed him for the triumph before the adonis. chances are nicholls wont know what goes for the triumph this yr until theyve all run
By:
BJG
When: 22 Jan 12 21:38
might well run Grumeti in the Triumph Hurdle Trial at Cheltenham on Saturday.
     Grumeti was promoted to favourite for the Triumph, despite tipping up two out with the race at his mercy at Newbury last Wednesday, and Alan added: said: “He seems fine, but after what happened at Newbury I would be keen to give him a bit more experience so we will school him again on Monday morning, and if all goes well we could go to Cheltenham next weekend.
     “It would be silly waiting for the Adonis at Kempton in case the weather should close in, so, hopefully, we can find him two runs before the Festival.”
     Wayne Hutchinson said: “Grumeti feels like the real deal, and Newbury was just one of those things. He was just a bit flat over the second last and the landing caught him out, but up until then he had travelled like a dream.”
By:
BJG
When: 23 Jan 12 18:19
Three of the leading JCB Triumph Hurdle fancies are set to clash at Cheltenham on Saturday.

Baby Mix, Grumeti and Sadler's Risk all top the market for the Festival showpiece and appear among 14 entries for the weekend's JCB Triumph Hurdle Trial.

The former made a big impression when winning on his sole start at the track in December and faces a rematch with Hinterland, second that day.

Grumeti looked set to run out a wide-margin winner at Newbury last week only to fall two out and could be set for a swift reappearance while Sadler's Risk impressively won his only start over timber at Kempton.

Finale Hurdle one-two Hollow Tree and Countrywide Flame also appear in a stellar entry which is completed by Brilliant Barca, Colebrooke, Fulgora, High Samana, Jackie's Solitaire, Ninfea, Pearl Swan and Tango De Juilley.

Some brilliant racin this weekend

Gonna have a 3/1 fav after this race imo Cool
By:
BJG
When: 23 Jan 12 18:19
1     5-1     Baby Mix49     4         Tom George         —     118     130
2     1P2     Brilliant Barca7     4         Sheena West         118     78     115
3     221431     Colebrooke21     4         Renee Robeson         136     92     119
4     11212     Countrywide Flame32     4         John Quinn         139     126     136
5     0711     Fulgora19     4         Tor Sturgis         112     90     91
6     1F     Grumeti10     4         Alan King         —     117     135
7     241     High Samana74     4         Seamus Mullins         117     99     107
8     112     Hinterland49     4         Paul Nicholls         141     118     131
9     1211     Hollow Tree32     4         Donald McCain         142     119     139
10     41343     Jackies Solitaire49     4         Anthony Honeyball         120     98     109
11         Ninfea57F     4         David Bridgwater     Tom Scudamore     —     —     —
12     1     Pearl Swan9     4         Paul Nicholls         —     78     109
13     1     Sadler´s Risk14     4         Philip Hobbs         —     82     124
14     5122     Tango De Juilley28     4         Venetia Williams         127     85     125
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jan 12 18:40
Aye.

How would you price that up ?

BM 2/1
SR & Grumeti 7/2
By:
BJG
When: 23 Jan 12 18:43
BM 9/4
SR 3/1
Grum 7/2
Hinte 13/2

somethin along thos lines - defo think Baby Mix deserves to be fav
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jan 12 18:48
yeah i'd put him as fav aswell. He has already beaten a decent sort in Hinterland.
By:
sintonian
When: 23 Jan 12 18:50
Tango De Juilley and interesting one. Ran well under a 10lb pen lto. He might be the value. We'll see.
By:
BJG
When: 23 Jan 12 18:51
Hopefully they all turn up Cool
By:
topshot
When: 23 Jan 12 18:51
Hammersly Lake....any idea when this horse of Hendersons will be seen for the 1st time as he is about 25/1 for the Truimph
By:
roobuck
When: 23 Jan 12 18:53
Agree with BJG that quite possible we will have quite a short priced favourite after Saturday.

Thought about the 12s after the race in December, but thought it was too early. Just looking back on the race it travelled so well and imo hurdled brilliantly, very quick and efficient. Most pertinently, turning in Ruby seemed very happy on Hinterland.

There may well be something come out in the Adonis, and happy to look again much closer to the race, but 8/1 Baby Mix it is.
By:
tippu
When: 23 Jan 12 19:04
I like the look of Hollow Hill. Appreciate Hinterland had the beating of him however represents good e/w value. As has been said - shaping into a good looking race.
By:
revedesivola
When: 23 Jan 12 19:13
hollow hill?
By:
BJG
When: 23 Jan 12 19:18
Hollow Tree he obv meant

Stop knitpickin reve Mischief
By:
revedesivola
When: 23 Jan 12 19:30
Devil
By:
revedesivola
When: 23 Jan 12 19:30
*nitpicking
By:
tippu
When: 23 Jan 12 19:35
ooops.That's a book by Mary Stewart. Getting old folks.Just noticed that he's out Saturday.
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com