Forums

Cheltenham Festival

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 910 comments are related to the topic:
The Arkle - early season ramblings

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 23  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 23 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 910
By:
duffy
When: 10 Nov 10 12:49
reve...i will be backing you in the festival 4 miler!!
By:
revedesivola
When: 10 Nov 10 14:34
no duffy, ill be in a 2 mile seller later on in the season. you should back me then, most likely at a high price
By:
Howdi
When: 10 Nov 10 14:44
and here comes medermit ......
By:
unclepuncle
When: 10 Nov 10 15:03
And there goes Merdermit....Laugh
By:
sintonian
When: 10 Nov 10 15:24
Aye. I know it is early days in his chase career, but I cant have him for a race like the Arkle. He was fluent at Aintree and today I personally couldn't see any logical reason why he refused. I just dont think he likes jumping fences and I might have a few speculative quid on him for the CH instead.
By:
sintonian
When: 10 Nov 10 15:24
* wasn't
By:
sintonian
When: 10 Nov 10 17:00
Korral have actually taken him out of their betting.
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 10 Nov 10 17:58
Medermit Laugh
By:
fearless punter
When: 11 Nov 10 04:02
Reve De Sivola..an Arkle horse to die for. This horse has everything you'd want for this race. let's have a look on Friday...I LOVE this time of year. Stuff happens.
By:
downallstar
When: 11 Nov 10 10:43
What an over reaction to Medermit's refusal Laugh
Gotta love dumb layers!

Wasn't keen on backing him at 10s or shorter, but he was top of the trends list for this, can get 16s now, and bigger on here. He didn't fall, didn't have a hard race, was a freak incident, he was pinging them, and would prob have won by a distance - had he, he would be 7-8s!

Cool
By:
Brooksielad
When: 11 Nov 10 10:50
downallstar i totally agree.
By:
buddeliea
When: 11 Nov 10 12:07
So you think its a good sign to refuse do you??
I dont!!In fact its a bl00dy bad sign imo
By:
Brooksielad
When: 11 Nov 10 12:13
D'you think he refused because he didn't want to jump the fence buddeliea? It's obviously not a good sign but its a blessing as you can and will get a better price about him now. Unless your already on?
By:
buddeliea
When: 11 Nov 10 12:19
He obviously did not want to jump the fence,thats why he refused.No idea why,but like you say not a good sign.
Have not backed anything for the Arkle as yet,normally wait a bit to see them jump a fence.And after that i would not back Medermit,whatever the price.
By:
Brooksielad
When: 11 Nov 10 12:31
Will be interesting to see where they go from here, seems they want to get as many runs in lower grade novice chasers as possible, so wouldn't surprise me if they don't turn him out again within the next few weeks.

The one i'd love to back is Silviniaco Conti and if i could get a good price about him now i'd take the gamble on him turning up because i believe he's going to be special.
By:
downallstar
When: 11 Nov 10 12:35
Who said it was a good sign to refuse????
I'm saying writing the horse off on that alone is a joke.
Does he deserve to be pushed out 6 points on that alone? Not imv.

He made all and won fto, who knows what puts a horse of.

Imo when a horse gets beat in a trial race, with a valid excuse for the defeat, that is were the value generally lies.

At current prices he is worth a dabble. If he refused again, then I'd write him off, with little damage done to my pocket.
By:
sintonian
When: 11 Nov 10 14:37
for me it is a combination of his two runs so far that are a put off. His debut was not fluent, and yesterday just made me think he does not like fences. Of course  it is still early days, but would I want to back him at 16/1 ? No way pedro imo Cool
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 11 Nov 10 15:18
I agree 100% with sint.

This years Arkle could be very hot. I think 16's Medermit at this stage is ridiculous tbh.
By:
downallstar
When: 11 Nov 10 16:47
They had to cut a few inches of the fences at Aintree after that race(days racing)!
All the jockeys complained that they were too big. Despite the mistake 3 out he never looked like falling.
I still haven't backed him, but am considering it.
By:
J0KER
When: 11 Nov 10 18:28
this happens every year on here ( im guilty of it too )

You have a bet AP on a horse that then patently under performs and you spend the next 5 months trying to conince yourself and others on here all is well.

Anyone who bet Medermit has to be gutted or at least worried

Anyone wanting to bet him NOW near the front of the market neads thier bumps read if they think it is value.

You have horses like Royal Charm who jumped the fairly stiff Exeter fences like an old pro and many others like Punjabi yet to run yet you are happy to bet a horse that jumped averagely fto then refused ..I REPEAT Refused lto...crazy

IMO he was never the best of jumpers over hurdles and looks like a horse that is not in love with the big uns.

Jumping is EVERYTHING in  the fast pace of the Arkle and that horse looks anything but a natural and has now shown quirks to boot

Good luck if that makes you horney...for me you are either a desperate better already like i said or crazy

Good luck ewither way
By:
Brooksielad
When: 11 Nov 10 23:02
Tidal Bay
By:
dananderson
When: 11 Nov 10 23:10
2m 4 bit short 4 rupert imo . reve should take the beating . u backed reve for the arkle reve?
By:
revedesivola
When: 11 Nov 10 23:17
no dan, not with all this new race craic bcos the gaffer said at the start of the season that that might be the race ill run in. at the moment, id back him f i knew where he was goin but the only horse id be afraid of is mikael dhaguenet. think ill go off fav tmrw
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Nov 10 10:06
Reve would get done for toe surely over 2 miles.
By:
duffy
When: 12 Nov 10 11:37
he would...looks an ideal type type for the 4 miler...stay all day...he'll be plodding on when others have packed up[;)]
By:
duffy
When: 12 Nov 10 11:37
there was supposed to be a wink there by the wayMischief
By:
Albion Dan
When: 12 Nov 10 15:43
I backed medermit for the arkle last year, but wasnt keen to back him this year at about 10/1, happy I have been able to have a bit on at 22 now though.  Usually comes late, so I dont think being out alone on his own did him much good, he'll probably become a serial refuser now though Cry

Also had a nibble on Ghizao, hopefully he comes on for his run lto, where he travlled well but seemingly blew up 2 out.
By:
dananderson
When: 12 Nov 10 18:35
apple of pauls eye royal charm . makes comparisons with kauto star in his column . good times
By:
tweedledumbtweedletwat
When: 12 Nov 10 21:05
i think mr thriller would be worth dropping back in trip for arkle,i guess it depends on notus de la tours going..
By:
Panto Prince
When: 12 Nov 10 22:28
Noble Prince. Nuff said.
By:
sintonian
When: 13 Nov 10 15:57
A tight little race for Captain Chris tomorrow .. would his fans expect him to win in receipt of the wight, or is it just a starter given it's his first race over fences.

Radium looked good lto at Ascot. He started off a bit scratchy at one or two of his fences, but as the race draw on he warmed up and settled and ultimately did it well.

It should be informative anyway and all eyes on Captain Chris to see how he handles the bend. His last run at Cheltenham he went like a boomerang Shocked
By:
sintonian
When: 13 Nov 10 15:58
* weight
By:
mythical prince
When: 13 Nov 10 16:48
for me loosen my load is a fantastic jumper. can see the arguments for captain chris- looks a big horse made for fences, but if loosen my load can't go very close to winning tommorow with his experience edge I can't see him doing much in the future. looks a sizing europe mark 2.
By:
Reyes
When: 13 Nov 10 18:28
am mixed about CC tomorrow tbh.

Seems a big ask on debut to jump round here in what appears a cracking field but then again perhaps PH knows what he's got and is intent on laying down a marker?

A (close up) watching brief tomorrow for me. (but hope he wins nicely!)
By:
Reyes
When: 14 Nov 10 13:06
excited, anxious, nervous about upcoming CC fences debut.
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Nov 10 13:08
not surprised on gamble on kil murry v good last time out.
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Nov 10 13:08
cant rember last time i watched cheltenham on tv im normally there
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Nov 10 13:10
best 2m novice so far this year here we go......
By:
Howdi
When: 14 Nov 10 13:15
no arkle winner there.
By:
Reyes
When: 14 Nov 10 13:15
hmmmm

jumped well but didn't seem to have the pace to keep up with them 3 out??

perhaps he needs 2 and a half?
Page 5 of 23  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 23 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com