Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Des Pond
10 Mar 19 00:28
| Topic/replies: 22,208 | Blogger: Des Pond's blog
Efe Ejagba  to stop  Amir Mansour - Heavyweight 1/4
Dmitry Bivol to stop Joe Smith Junior - Light Heavy weight 8/15
Damien Vasquez to win v Juan Carlos Payano 11/4
Pause Switch to Standard View A value treble for tonight
Show More
Report Des Pond March 10, 2019 12:45 AM GMT
Bivol is thought to be a bit on the light side for 175lbs, but he is a devastating puncher with terrific handspeed, accuracy, intelligence and footwork. Bivol has struggled to stop a couple of his larger opponents lately, leading to speculation that he should move down to SM, but Smith Jnr, although dangerous and tough, is made for him. Smith Jnr is too easy to hit not to take a lot of punishment from the quicker and more skillful Bivol. And I think Bivol will wear him down a stop him late.

Mansour is a tough old warrior, but he is 46, and Ejagba has been knocking them out for fun. Ejagaba to win by stoppage

The Outsider to beeef up the treble is for Damien Vasquez to beat the more experienced and wily campaigner Juan Carlos Payano. Payano was a great fighter in his day, but he took a fearful beating from Inoue in his last fight, and at 34 his best days are behind him. I take Vasquez to win at a very good price.
Report Des Pond March 10, 2019 1:17 AM GMT
Payano won on a UD, obviously not as shot as I thought. worth a punt at the odds though.
Report Des Pond March 10, 2019 1:34 AM GMT
Impressive KO by Ajagba in round 2. He is massive with a very long reach, and good power. I would rate him a better prospect than Joyce or Dubois.
Report GRANTCKING March 10, 2019 2:14 AM GMT
Shocked
Report wisewords March 10, 2019 2:17 AM GMT
Cool
Report GRANTCKING March 10, 2019 2:40 AM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcQcNmbs8A
Report wisewords March 10, 2019 2:58 AM GMT
you still around Coop?
Report Des Pond March 10, 2019 4:06 PM GMT
Bivol couldn't stop Smith Jnr despite a dominant performance. Smith Jnr was very strong and durable Doubts will remain about Bivol's ability to put bigger opponents away, but he has the skils and speed to beat just about anyone in the division. It's a question of wheteher his relatively sight frame (for Light heavyweigt) will hamper him against the likes of Marcus Browne, Gvozdyk or Kovalev, who can match him for skills and are much heavier. Still a good win for him, though.
Report wisewords March 11, 2019 3:26 AM GMT
I watched the fight Des. I think at this weight he's very vulnerable against higher quality fighters than Smith Jnr. I think Gvozdyk would beat him, but it would be a war
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com