Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Des Pond
22 Feb 19 18:14
| Topic/replies: 22,209 | Blogger: Des Pond's blog
One of the most frequently used expressions in Boxing is "making a statement". This cliche is trotted out every time a promising fighter tries to get his name up alongside the top earners in their Division. In the case of Joe Joyce, because of his relatively advanced age, it is used just about every time he steps in the ring. Joyce's latest opportunity in this regard comes tomorrow night against Bermane Stiverne who, despite having only had 6 or 7 fights in the last 8 years, has a respectable (on paper at least) record, and is still seen as a good name to have on your record. The last time Stiverne fought he looked completely disinterested and was blasted out in one round by Deontay Wilder. Something about Stiverne's manner and the fact that he has weighed in at a flabby 19.5 stone, tells me that he is, once again, turning up for the money.  Joyce is not the greatest stylist, but he is in great shape and has plenty of power. For Joyce, making a statement against Stiverne will mean knocking him out early, preferably in the same round as Wilder did it. I don't see any reason why Joyce can't blow Stiverne away inside 3 rounds, and I would not be surprised if he stops the 40 year-old in the 1st round. The 5/1 available for Joyce by stoppage in round one is tempting, but for a less risky bet, the 4/6 for Joyce in rounds 1-4, or the 6/5 for rounds 1-3 are both good value.
Pause Switch to Standard View Joe Joyce v Bermane Stiverne - Saturday
Show More
Report tobermory February 22, 2019 8:48 PM GMT
If he can't stop Stiverne he will just have to accept journeyman level.
Report wisewords February 23, 2019 2:48 AM GMT
Joyce by stoppage round 1 or 2. BIG JUGGERNAUT
Report Des Pond February 23, 2019 10:14 PM GMT
Disappointing show from Joyce. Looked mechanical and limited. Maybe just an off night, but I reckon he doesn't have much else, tbh.
Report wisewords February 23, 2019 11:48 PM GMT
Worrying lack of power. Will come unstuck at the highest level sadly
Report mega88 March 11, 2019 3:03 PM GMT
Dubois will expose him
Report wisewords March 11, 2019 6:19 PM GMT
He gets hit way too much for someone who doesn't hit hard. Disaster waiting to happen at a higher level
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com