Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scandanavian_haven
19 May 17 00:57
| Topic/replies: 15,619 | Blogger: scandanavian_haven's blog
Contracts being signed right now apparently.

If Conner makes the third round, he would have done very very well

and should consider that a victory in itself

What a great pay day though, both played a blinder in the hype build up til this point.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 404
By:
lingbleed
When: 19 May 17 23:16
agree. and do you know what's worst, i'll bloody pay to watch it as wellExcited
By:
wisewords
When: 20 May 17 00:51
Crazy
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 20 May 17 17:03
Boxing seems to be the only sport where you can put on the equivalent of Real Madrid v Boreham Wood then convince the casuals it's a competitive match and get them to pay for it.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 20 May 17 21:45
with all due respect,i think you're being somewhat disrespectful comparing Moneyweather to Borehamwood
By:
whatdifference
When: 21 May 17 00:37
We were discussing this at the boxing gym the other day, what level opponent would make it a genuine 50/50 fight ? and  how low down the rankings or even levels do you have to go to find someone in the division that you would take Conor over .
amazing that Mayweather is 1/10 really
By:
Zazu
When: 21 May 17 01:08
It's one step away from WWE

Not bothered about the fight but 24/7 and the promo will be immense
By:
n88uk
When: 21 May 17 02:39
Conor should at least last that long I imagine. Mayweather is always safety first and Conor is bigger than him, he has no chance of winning but I doubt Mayweather just KO's him in a round or 2. Mayweather will make him look silly for a few rounds then when he's getting hopelessly beaten Conor probably go totally reckless and either get DQ'd or KO'd.
By:
wisewords
When: 21 May 17 03:31
Conor might takedown Floyd in R1 and choke him out.
By:
tobermory
When: 21 May 17 05:07
Conor's weakness is the ground game so maybe Mayweather by armbar
By:
Des Pond
When: 21 May 17 19:13
I still don't think it will happen. The latest is that Mcgregor has signed "his half of the contract", which is meaningless until Mayweather also signs on the same terms. Mayweather is an inveterate attention seeker, and is just playing along to keep himself in the public eye, giving him the opportunity to bait the fans on Social media and annoy or offend as many people as he can. Mayweather has all the money he will ever need, and has nothing to gain from a farcical "event" that can only tarnish his already established record as the best pound-for-pound boxer since Leonard, and arguably of all time. Of course, McGregor will want to do anything he can to make it happen. He stands to gain a lot of money, as well as publicity that he doesn't merit, given his limited ability. Personally, I wish that Mayweather would just just admit that it is all just a big wind-up, and stop trying to fool the more gullible among fight fans that this nonsense is any more real than his stunt a few years with some 25 stone "wrestler" who stared at him for a few seconds, before they were "split up". Boxing is in a bad enough state as it is, especially in the States, without dragging it further into the mire with this ridiculous spectacle.
By:
n88uk
When: 22 May 17 18:22
I can't see Mayweather saying his recent stuff he did while in the UK about how it's 90% done, and even talking about putting certain people on the undercard, joking with Joshua about putting him on the undercard etc. unless it's going to happen. If it didn't happen after all that it would look like Floyd is ducking him.
By:
lingbleed
When: 22 May 17 23:01
Say what you like, it will be huge if it happen's, i also agree there is no way mayweather would end it in two rounds if he could, as he would luck just as much as a dick as Conor, but the build should be great, the two biggest trash talker's of any sport at this present moment in time.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 22 May 17 23:31
Mayweather will do it because he needs the attention, the limelight, saw him at some event with Joshua on ifl, he looked liked his nose was out of joint as a lot of attention was on him instead, and Joshua's stock is higher atm, man of the moment.
By:
tobermory
When: 23 May 17 00:28
That IFL link where people are saying Floyd is pissed of or jealous with AJ is balls imo

There is a big queue of disabled kids and kids with cancer waiting to have stuff signed and they are both just getting on with it professionally rather than keep them waiting by standing around chatting

After they are done with that there are other IFL clips where they are getting along fine
By:
Zazu
When: 23 May 17 16:19
How does mayweather look a **** if he ends it in 2 rounds?

Mayweather will look like a complete fool if he doesn't completely school someone making a boxing debut

Mayweathers latched on to aj. 50 cent is on Instagram with deontay wilder. Attention gets mayweather paid
By:
Kriskin
When: 14 Jun 17 23:02
THE circus is going ahead in August.  What a joke
By:
tobermory
When: 15 Jun 17 01:37
How can someone be interested enough to start a thread on this but not knowledgeable enough to know how the guy's name is spelt Crazy
By:
johnnythebull
When: 15 Jun 17 09:05
what you on about tobes?..he's spelt Mayweather correctlyWink
By:
razz
When: 15 Jun 17 10:20
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/boxing/market/1.132180828
mayweather 1.16 atm !!! fill your boots fellas, easy trading #easymoneytour
By:
johnnythebull
When: 15 Jun 17 11:58
2 unbeaten boxers..someone's 0 has to goGrin
By:
Biscar Two from a mile back
When: 15 Jun 17 15:31
Ok folks create an undercard boxers v mma fighters, who would you like to see, given the difference in skillset you'd have to create a fight where the mma guy has a punchers chance. Guys like Miocic, Edgar, Diaz,Lawler and Manuwa would be candidates, not saying they would be competitive but their fights could be sellable.
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 15 Jun 17 17:25
Ok folks create an undercard boxers v mma fighters, who would you like to see

there is zero i would like to see

now i am a huge Mayweather fan, he is the best boxer i have ever seen and is a defensive genius but this fight makes a mockery of the sport
By:
cardenden
When: 15 Jun 17 17:41
they must be having a right giggle with each other on twitter,,,hey conner remember we must make this look convincing  ,,remembers me of an episode of porridge
By:
cardenden
When: 15 Jun 17 17:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtJd8knJsw
By:
Senyatta
When: 15 Jun 17 17:54
well people have got to put their money where their mouths are. he is a bigger price to win this fight than golovkin was vrs jacobs....how is that right?
By:
cardenden
When: 15 Jun 17 18:39
people should just ignore it completely,,,A TOTAL FARCE,,
By:
IggyIggins
When: 15 Jun 17 19:41
the odds suggest its not a farce, the odds say conor has a legit chance
By:
Des Pond
When: 15 Jun 17 20:13
Boxing sold its soul decades ago, so you could see this as a logical progression. As a boxing fan, I feel sad about it, but I shouldn't complain, in the light of the money-spinning farce that professional boxing has become in recent years. I hope it's a one-off, though.
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 15 Jun 17 21:37
Mayweather by split decision imo. Him and Connor will make it look good with a rematch in mind. 

if the fight is scripted right then these two will get another massive payday next year.

-

Any ideas on the undercard? all boxing or a few MMA fights mixed in? wouldn't mind have Holly Holmes back for this.
By:
wisewords
When: 15 Jun 17 21:51
Undercard is all boxing only.
By:
wisewords
When: 15 Jun 17 21:52
McGregor gonna try and rush Mayweather and connect heavily within the opening 15 seconds. try to stop the fight in the opening 2 minutes of round 1.
By:
wisewords
When: 15 Jun 17 21:54
Hence the 1.22 on Mayweather. he's 40 years old. if McGregor rushes him from the very start it could be slightly interesting for a brief moment.
By:
n88uk
When: 15 Jun 17 22:08
Badou Jack vs Nathan Cleverly is on the undercard.
By:
n88uk
When: 15 Jun 17 22:10
1.22 is gift of the century, you have to be an utter mug to be laying that, wonder if it will go higher. McGregor has no chance, zero, none, zip.
By:
wisewords
When: 15 Jun 17 23:11
reckon it'll settle around 1.25
By:
maleuk01.
When: 15 Jun 17 23:59
who would win? A lion or shark.

well I guess it depends if it was on land or in the sea.

Same thing here, the fight is a total farce, cannot believe people are going to pay to watch it to be honest.

The pair of them must be wetting themselves laughing thinking of their pay check for effectively an exhibition fight.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 16 Jun 17 01:37
How can someone be interested enough to start a thread on this but not knowledgeable enough to know how the guy's name is spelt Crazy

Thanks for the spelling lesson and crazy emoticon tobermory, I'm sure everyone was so interested in you drawing attention to this completely irrelevant point.

Mayweather by split decision imo. Him and Connor will make it look good with a rematch in mind. 

if the fight is scripted right then these two will get another massive payday next year.

I actually heard this today on talksport, journo saying they would be it a durable to fight because there is so much money involved and want to give value for money, knowing full well Mayweather will win and could pick his round if he wanted.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 16 Jun 17 01:38
*make it a durable fight
By:
razz
When: 16 Jun 17 09:35
nearly 1.5 million matched in a day!

£4601 matched in over a month on canelo vs GGG

that's a pretty incredible difference
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by: