Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GRANTCKING
25 Nov 16 16:41
| Topic/replies: 267,118 | Blogger: GRANTCKING's blog
hahahaha, just saw the eddie hearn interview on IFL tv confirming this fight, was gutted the other day when he said it was prob off,  he slowrolled us!!! the build up to this fight will be hilarious, the press conferences and the gloves are off programme will be quality, as for the fight, reckon haye knocks him out within 4 rounds but ill still be buying it!!!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 477
By:
tobermory
When: 25 Nov 16 19:59
Well it will at least be funny
By:
tobermory
When: 25 Nov 16 20:02
Haye 1/4 with Boyles

Can't see that lasting , 1/7 most places
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 25 Nov 16 20:09
yep
By:
tobermory
When: 25 Nov 16 22:57
found £40 in my Boyles account , fearlessly lumped it on Haye @1/4
By:
tobermory
When: 25 Nov 16 23:02
Haye was generally about 1/6 v Audley  , and Audley actually had some theoretical possibility to do Haye some damage.

People will say 'ah but Audley was too scared to throw a punch while Bellew has to back up his words ' but will he actually...

He chatted all sorts of sh!t in the build up to Adonis Stevenson , and then totally froze and did he throw a punch in that fight Confused
By:
pan07
When: 26 Nov 16 06:50
fckin disgrace tony bellew 2 ppvs now. wot round u diving ****
By:
TheChaser
When: 26 Nov 16 20:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF0GruNa9Mk
By:
n88uk
When: 26 Nov 16 21:19

Nov 25, 2016 -- 5:02PM, tobermory wrote:

Haye was generally about 1/6 v Audley  , and Audley actually had some theoretical possibility to do Haye some damage.People will say 'ah but Audley was too scared to throw a punch while Bellew has to back up his words ' but will he actually...He chatted all sorts of sh!t in the build up to Adonis Stevenson , and then totally froze and did he throw a punch in that fight

The last line is in my mind when people say this will be a barnstormer while it lasts. It can easily be an awful fight that is a complete mismatch to boot.

Haye is bigger, faster and more skilled. Just a complete mismatch really.

By:
pan07
When: 26 Nov 16 21:49
legalised murder if this was a proper fight. will this be tony i will die in the ring bellew or tony i just want to get home safe to me kids bellew.funy how no one including haye has mentioned how tony pooped his pants against stevenson
By:
wisewords
When: 26 Nov 16 22:57

Nov 26, 2016 -- 3:49PM, pan07 wrote:

legalised murder if this was a proper fight. will this be tony i will die in the ring bellew or tony i just want to get home safe to me kids bellew.funy how no one including haye has mentioned how tony pooped his pants against stevenson

if haye wasn't getting paid big £££ for this, i'm sure he'd be bringing it up. but it's in haye's interests to make the fight appear legit to ensure a big payday from PPV sales!!

By:
tobermory
When: 27 Nov 16 11:30
Yes , the hope is the casual fans that a big PPV depend upon will take Bellews pre fight rants seriously and figure it at least will be all out war while it lasts.

If they knew about the Adonis Stevenson fight they would suspect it is all bollix so nobody is in a hurry to bring that up.
By:
tobermory
When: 27 Nov 16 11:54
This is what Bellew said after the weigh in with Stevenson.....

“I was nice and relaxed and then he pushed his head on my face.  I told him ‘move back’.  He didn’t and he put his head on my face so I butted his nose.  I told him ‘you’re getting hurt you pimp’.  He tried to throw a punch but my team are big and strong dudes.  You can’t mess with them.

“All I did was stand my ground. Once he tried to get to me I told him what I thought of him.

“His reaction showed me that he is mentally unstable.  He is someone that can’t control his emotions. That he is not all there. That is what is going to get him knocked out tomorrow.”

Bellew was asked if any of his fury was for show but his response was emphatic.

And the ‘Bomber’ says he made it crystal clear to Stevenson that he holds no fear.

“There was nothing for show about that.  I don’t like him,” he said.

“I detest what he is and where he’s from and what he’s about.

“You see all those guys with him?  They play on his background and think he is some kind of rogue.  He thinks he intimidates me but he doesn’t know where I’m from.  I’m from streets just as bad as him if not worse.  He’s got no idea.

“He thought he could intimidate me but the minute I butted him he got the fright of his life.  I’m at a point now that I will explode if I’m pushed.

“He’s trying to intimidate me and see something in my eyes that says he’s beaten me before we get in the ring.  He looked in my eyes and saw something he hasn’t seen before: someone who is vicious and is as nasty as him.

“He just tried to get in my mind and the minute he tried to get in my face.  The minute someone puts their hands on me that’s it.  He didn’t look like Superman when he was up there.  You cannot put your face into mine and expect me to back off.  It ain’t happening.  I’m scared of nothing.

“I’m ready for tomorrow night. All the talking is done now.”
By:
Topboys
When: 28 Nov 16 01:43
Massive mismatch.
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Nov 16 14:33
First press conference!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G1NaO2o5h4
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 30 Nov 16 15:54
oh my!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZA4kdoPd80
By:
tobermory
When: 30 Nov 16 17:55
Crazy
By:
tobermory
When: 30 Nov 16 18:20
That the  hype is working for this nonsense must be beyond the wildest dreams of everyone involved ....

Eddie to make millions for putting on a fight that literally not one fan was clamouring for

Haye back on a huge selling PPV fighting someone no more likely to beat him than those guys he fought on Dave

Bellew to get knocked out by Haye for £1.7M instead of getting knocked out by Breidis for 120k and then goes back to Hollywood as a scouse Van Damme
By:
TheBaron
When: 30 Nov 16 18:45
It pays better than a season in pantomime.....and should be taken as seriously.
By:
wisewords
When: 30 Nov 16 18:53
forget Haye v Bellew, Haye used this conference as an opportunity to savagely attack Eddie Hearn! brutal
By:
Des Pond
When: 30 Nov 16 19:27
They're making a mistake starting the fake needle for this bout a full 3 months before the scheduled date, imo. The boxing public have had a stomach-full of the antics of UK Heavyweights over the last few years (especially the likes of Haye) By the the time this farce comes round, they'll be lucky if there is any interest in it at all.
By:
Senyatta
When: 30 Nov 16 19:48
it's a wonder sky haven't sacked bellew yet. if someone else used that foul language non stop they'd be hung out to dry. bellew seems to get away with it every time.
By:
Senyatta
When: 30 Nov 16 19:51
i like it by the way. but if some of the other pundits on sky smashed bottles over people's heads and used foul language every time a camera is pointed at them is there any chance they wouldn't be sacked
By:
Topboys
When: 01 Dec 16 02:03
Quite enjoyed Haye ripping into Hearn. Who were these fans clambering for this fight!? Crazy Absolute mismatch
By:
Howdi
When: 04 Dec 16 17:25
agree but id pay good money to see Haye on his arse, never has a boxer picked his opponents so pathetically.,
By:
n88uk
When: 04 Dec 16 20:37

Nov 30, 2016 -- 8:03PM, Topboys wrote:

Quite enjoyed Haye ripping into Hearn. Who were these fans clambering for this fight!?  Absolute mismatch

It's been huge with the "casual" fan. I had people asking me to try and get them tickets through O2 priority.

The thing is Hearn is going to be facing some legitimate opposition from BT Sport from next year. A lot of the big names aren't actually signed to Hearn. Fury, Haye, Khan, Frampton, Groves, Eubank Jr. DeGale contract up after 1 more fight. Hearn can't afford all these guys to go to BT. It's where his exclusive contract could come back to bite Sky.

Hearn's biggest names are Bellew who is going to lose this. Brook who just lost to GGG, but can definitely come back from that. And then there's a lot on Joshua. But it seems Joshua vs Klitschko is next, a fight imo they have totally failed to prepare Joshua for, and if he loses which I think he will surely Matchroom are in dire straits really. Where are the PPV's coming from if Joshua loses? Going to be hard to put Joshua vs a bum non-title fight as PPV.

By:
n88uk
When: 04 Dec 16 20:38
And then probably Crolla who also lost his last fight, and it sounds like there will be a rematch which he is likely to lose again.
By:
wisewords
When: 04 Dec 16 22:38
Same, can't see Crolla winning the rematch. he's not in the same class as Linares
By:
n88uk
When: 05 Dec 16 14:12
But it seems a bit of a problem doesn't it. That in 4 months time it's possible all of Hearn's top fighters could have lost their last fight.

The Joshua one is key. Their whole model almost seems dependent on Joshua, and people believing he's the best heavyweight in the world. With that in mind taking the Klitschko fight seems a bit crazy tbh, although it is exactly the sort of fight as a fan you want to see Joshua in. Business wise though Joshua can be in bigger fights than this one, but those paydays will be far less if the Joshua hype train fades which it will if he gets shut out Klitschko style. And there is just no way they can be certain he will demolish Klitschko, imo they have failed to prepare him for such a fight at all. He's going from fighting Martin, Brezeale and Molina to fighting Klitschko ffs Crazy.

And I know Fury effectively did the same thing in terms of who he faced, but in Joshua's case he's barely even done the rounds of people who can drag him the rounds. Nearly everyone he's faced has just been easy to hit plodders.
By:
Senyatta
When: 05 Dec 16 14:50
What about the guy Joshua is fighting? Is AJ too short? Also this haye vrs bellew thing....seems like a carbon copy of triple g vrs brook in terms of odds. BJS was 1/200 in some books last week and struggled to win(drifted to 1.4 in running). i reckon it will be parker up next for AJ assuming both stay on track.
By:
wisewords
When: 05 Dec 16 15:02

Dec 5, 2016 -- 8:12AM, n88uk wrote:

But it seems a bit of a problem doesn't it. That in 4 months time it's possible all of Hearn's top fighters could have lost their last fight.The Joshua one is key. Their whole model almost seems dependent on Joshua, and people believing he's the best heavyweight in the world. With that in mind taking the Klitschko fight seems a bit crazy tbh, although it is exactly the sort of fight as a fan you want to see Joshua in. Business wise though Joshua can be in bigger fights than this one, but those paydays will be far less if the Joshua hype train fades which it will if he gets shut out Klitschko style. And there is just no way they can be certain he will demolish Klitschko, imo they have failed to prepare him for such a fight at all. He's going from fighting Martin, Brezeale and Molina to fighting Klitschko ffs .And I know Fury effectively did the same thing in terms of who he faced, but in Joshua's case he's barely even done the rounds of people who can drag him the rounds. Nearly everyone he's faced has just been easy to hit plodders.

They're banking that father time has caught up with Wlad. A bit of a gamble but look what Fury did to him.

By:
Shrewd_dude
When: 05 Dec 16 18:45
But it seems a bit of a problem doesn't it. That in 4 months time it's possible all of Hearn's top fighters could have lost their last fight.

Probably why he's branching in to Womans boxing and has them fighting on the undercard on Sat.
By:
Topboys
When: 06 Dec 16 02:34
IMO opinion I think it's the perfect time to fight Wlad. I was so disappointed with his performance v Fury that I think AJ would put him away. The fact that people think it's a gamble (which is correct) will suit Hearn as if he wins he could afford a few easy defences and cash in on the PPV £££.

I think AJ v Parker would be a very intriguing fight.
By:
wisewords
When: 06 Dec 16 17:36
Lets be clear about this. If AJ does beat Wlad early next year, Eddie Hearn will be able to milk him for huge PPV money for the next 18 months. It'll be Joshua v Parker, Joshuua v Haye, Joshua v Briggs Laugh
By:
n88uk
When: 07 Dec 16 13:46
But I think he could do anyway. There's no sign to me that the AJ hype train is fading despite him facing nobodies. You are relying on Klitschko being 100% shot for AJ to beat him tbh, a huge risk imo. Because if he isn't shot, AJ has no more than punchers chance, Klitschko anywhere near to his best will outjab Joshua all night and make him look very silly.

And the PPV gravy train is surely over if he loses. No-one would surely buy Joshua vs Molina in a non-title fight after Joshua has been exposed would they.

Anyway as it sounds it will be at Wembley I will very likely be getting tickets for it.
By:
n88uk
When: 07 Dec 16 13:52
Also Fury did things I just can't see AJ being able to do. For starters using his size. He has a far better jab than AJ does and basically bullied Wladimir, but that's not AJ's style. AJ will likely go in there to blast him away, but what if he doesn't. This is why I say Hearn has prepared him very poorly for this imo. He's just faced plodder after plodder who are easy to hit. He's faced what 1 guy ever interested in throwing a punch back? And now we're throwing him in with the guy who ran the division for 10 years.

Hearn was estimated people to be shot in the past and been wrong too imo. I think he thought they were getting Linares at the right time too, but didn't turn out that way.
By:
n88uk
When: 07 Dec 16 13:52
And you forgot maybe the biggest, and imo most interesting of all Wisewords.

Fury vs Joshua
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Dec 16 15:44
I said next 18 months. no way will Eddie be throwing AJ in with Fury in the next 18 months. can't see that fight happening for at least 3 years
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Dec 16 15:50
and Wladimir is 40 now, n88uk. there's a real possibility that he is indeed shot.
By:
wisewords
When: 07 Dec 16 15:52
and for the record, I think AJ will blast him away.
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com