Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheChaser
08 Oct 16 22:58
| Topic/replies: 45,044 | Blogger: TheChaser's blog
Is this to keep him away from Joshua
Pause Switch to Standard View Hearn signs Luis Ortiz
Show More
Report tobermory October 8, 2016 11:27 PM BST
Ortiz is next in line for one of Fury's belts (WBA)

Could go straight in with Wlad for that , so yeah , easier to put him on a different path to AJ for a while

He's No.1 contender so surely title fight next not a string of Eddie style 'final eliminators'
Report TheChaser October 9, 2016 1:57 AM BST
Hearn talking about how he is the most avoided boxer about ,  Does he include avoided by him and Joshua Laugh

Ortiz is 37 so surely he will want to go for titles asap or will he be happy fighting top 50 contenders
Report tobermory October 16, 2016 12:02 AM BST
Had to laugh at this article....

Cuban sensation Luis Ortiz could be in line to face IBF heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua next year, according to promoter Eddie Hearn.

Ortiz (25-0-KO22) has joined Hearn's Matchroom Boxing stable and will make his European debut against Malik Scott in Monte Carlo in November as he looks to close in on a world title shot.

With the heavyweight landscape continuing to shift, especially after Tyson Fury vacated his WBO and WBA world titles, 'King Kong' will hope that he can get himself in prime position to take advantage.

Joshua is one potential target and Hearn sees no issue in the stablemates squaring up next year.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: "Luis Ortiz against Joshua could be a huge fight for 2017 and we have no problem in making that fight if it is the right move.

"People get the impression that AJ is mollycoddled, but they couldn't be more wrong. Look at the Martin fight, everyone looks back and says it was an easy fight, but at the time they were saying it was a hard fight that was coming too early.

"If the reward is there to take the risk against Ortiz, who is very dangerous, and the fight is big enough, then yes, let's do it.

"We want to build the profile of Ortiz so he can't be ignored and get him in a high value position so he can get these big fights against the best heavyweights out there."

Hearn wants Ortiz to fight twice before the year is out, including on the undercard of Anthony Joshua's next fight which could be against Wladimir Klitschko as talks continue.

"The plan is for Ortiz to fight on November 12 in Monaco against Malik Scott, then on the undercard of AJ later in the year and then get him out in the United States in February or March of next year."
Report tobermory October 16, 2016 12:06 AM BST
The headline is all about Ortiz fighting AJ ...

but get to the last line and you see that Ortiz , a 37 year old who has built himself up finally to be a Number 1 contender , is actually now , instead of taking the title shot ,going to have 3 tune up fights under Eddie , and the biggest name opponent likely will be Malik Scott . After these 3 fights Ortiz will be 38 and Eddie will probably say he will need to beat a big name to get a shot at AJ .....
Report TheChaser October 16, 2016 12:29 PM BST
That is Eddie at his best

Watch when Ortiz knocks out a few of the opponents and the SKY hype will build.I will be getting told from kids you seen this Ortiz guy he is a machine etc.

3 tune ups for Joshua Laugh

So Joshua is having Klit this year maybe , Then someone else also probably then maybe Ortiz all in a year.If this happens i will be shocked and Joshua will never fight again.
Report TheChaser October 16, 2016 12:32 PM BST
If they have 3 fights each he may try and make it the stadium fight

I just hope Joshua and Klit happens so we can see if Klit is washed up or not.Fury to come back for them all Grin
Report tobermory November 30, 2016 1:17 PM GMT
I see on the Joshua undercard Eddie has got Ortiz a fight with The White Rhino now Happy

Who next after that ? Michael Sprott ?
Report tobermory November 30, 2016 1:19 PM GMT
Luis Ortiz will take on David 'The White Rhino' Allen in a heavyweight battle on the undercard of Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina.

Allen was the first to call out Ortiz following the Scott fight but says he had him in his sights before that.

The Doncaster man believes 37-year-old Ortiz is on his way down and following his own loss to Dillian Whyte in July, the 'White Rhino' is confident he will take a major heavyweight scalp.

"The day Eddie Hearn signed Luis Ortiz, I messaged him and said 'I will fight him, stick me in with him!," he said.

"I didn't hold any fear of fighting him even before the Malik Scott fight. But that fight showed that the hype isn't real. Ortiz isn't Superman - I think he's on the slide even though he's undefeated.

"I showed I have a good defence against Dillian Whyte, so I will be prepared for anything.

"I said to myself I would only fight again this year if it was against David Price, but this fight is even bigger so I couldn't say no. I'm going to put it all on the line against him. I'm stick it on him early, smack him bang on the chin and see how it goes.

"I'm going to make Ortiz look like an old man in there. When he hits me, I'm going to stand there and smile at him. This is the fight that will catapult my career on the world scene."
Report GRANTCKING November 30, 2016 2:16 PM GMT
ortiz v dave allen is going to be car crash tv
Report TheChaser December 2, 2016 12:39 PM GMT
TheChaser 09 Oct 16 01:57
Hearn talking about how he is the most avoided boxer about ,  Does he include avoided by him and Joshua Laugh

Ortiz is 37 so surely he will want to go for titles asap or will he be happy fighting top 50 contenders

Eddie has outdone me here top 50 i was dreaming he is happy with top 100s
Report tobermory April 2, 2017 3:22 PM BST
Ortiz has ditched Eddie already and signed with Haymon
Report GRANTCKING April 3, 2017 6:24 PM BST
guys an overated mug anyways, the 2 fights he had with eddie were embarrasing
Report TheChaser April 3, 2017 7:43 PM BST
Must be the English air
Report GRANTCKING April 3, 2017 11:05 PM BST
Grin
Report TheChaser April 4, 2017 10:17 PM BST
Winner of Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko sent warning by mandatory opponent

LUIS ORTIZ has been named as the WBA mandatory challenger for the winner of Anthony Joshua v Wladmir Klitschko and 'King Kong' has warned age will not slow him down.

By JAMES GRAY
PUBLISHED: 11:04, Tue, Apr 4, 2017 | UPDATED: 11:18, Tue, Apr 4, 2017

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/787664/Anthony-Joshua-v-Wladimir-Klitschko-winner-Luis-Ortiz-WBA-heavyweight-title

Let's see what he is really all about

TBH i think Joshua and Klit for me is a t0ss up as don't know how good Joshua really is

Treble
BET SELECTIONS
1.    26/03/2017 - Jorge Linares v Anthony Crolla - Fight Winner
Jorge Linares @ 8/15    Won
2.    05/03/2017 - David Haye v Tony Bellew - Fight Winner
Tony Bellew @ 9/2    Won
3.    30/04/2017 - Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - Fight Winner
Wladimir Klitschko @ 7/4    Open
BET DETAILS Bet Placed:  25/02/2017 16:41

Got this running though as 7/4 for a t0ss up seems about right

Hope he doesn't take a dive  Laugh
Post Your Reply