Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
n88uk
25 Apr 16 09:24
| Topic/replies: 187,774 | Blogger: n88uk's blog
Awful, awful defence. They're really going to face nobodies until they get Fury or Haye aren't they.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 180
By:
Zazu
When: 25 Apr 16 13:01
Groves and Murray on undercard

Has absolutely massive paydays vs fury/have. Was always going to be a zero risk opponent
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 25 Apr 16 13:34
never seen this dude fight, can imagine how bad he is tho
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 25 Apr 16 13:34
groves v murray is a good fight
By:
johnnythebull
When: 25 Apr 16 14:41
absolute flabby beanpole bum
got dropped in his last fight in 3rd round by a nobody
how any c*nt can pay any money to watch this beggars belief
By:
Des Pond
When: 25 Apr 16 17:02
Usual story. Find a tall bum who can't fight, but somehow has an unbeaten record and let the promoters and commentators do the rest. I hope that fans have the sense to stay away, and don't pay for it on Sky either. If boxing fans let the bullsh!tters know they are not going to fall for this nonsense anymore, maybe the likes of Hearn and the hopeless media pundits who encourage it, will have to take note.
By:
n88uk
When: 25 Apr 16 17:36

Apr 25, 2016 -- 8:01AM, Zazu wrote:

Groves and Murray on undercardHas absolutely massive paydays vs fury/have. Was always going to be a zero risk opponent

This might be interesting if you didn't have to pay ppv to watch it though.

As it is this will be a weak ppv with the rest of the card probably being filler, and a main event that will be over by the 3rd round latest.

By:
n88uk
When: 25 Apr 16 17:41
Breazeale should have lost to Kassi, got a lucky decision. Kassi's next fight is Hughie Fury. So Joshua's first defence is vs a guy around the same level Hughie Fury is fighting.
By:
Des Pond
When: 25 Apr 16 18:47
Should've lost his last fight too. Against a 43 year-old who battered him from pillar to post then inexplicably decided not to come out for the last round, despite being uninjured and winning by a margin. very strange Confused
By:
joe9000
When: 26 Apr 16 00:48
Last 2 posts from n88uk and Des r spot on.

I keep saying that Hughie would be a decent fight for him, yet if u suggest that, 99% of casuals wud laugh u out of it...yet here we are and Joshua is now facing a bum that Hughie would absolutely school. U can't script it.

Basically what we are facing now for next 2 years wit hearn and AJ, is them constantly saying they'd beat Haye r Fury, never fighting either, while at the same time pretending that Luis Ortiz doesn't even exist as they never ever mention him.

And as for this PPV craic, what happened to the theory that it was the last resort, only to ensure the mega fights cud b made...lies, lies, lies
By:
joe9000
When: 26 Apr 16 00:55
Talking bout lies. Hearn / Matchroom announce Murray v Groves as a WBA eliminator....matter of hours later WBA confirm its not an eliminator. In what other walk of life cud Hearn get away wit the level of lying he carries out and get away wit it ffs
By:
n88uk
When: 26 Apr 16 10:07
Fighting Breazeale doesn't even make much sense from any point. In terms of moving Joshua on etc, because it's not even a step up. Breazeale would probably lose to Whyte who Joshua fought 2 fights ago.

Is just a fight Sky will go on about his unbeaten record, how dangerous he is, then when Joshua flattens him in the 2nd it's because he's unbelievable.
By:
n88uk
When: 26 Apr 16 10:13
The problem with this also is it makes the bigger fights harder to make bar Fury/Haye. Because this will sell well on PPV regardless, so there's no reason to step up when they can generate nearly the same money fighting easy fights.
By:
mightymoyes
When: 26 Apr 16 17:39
just means he'll be flattened when he fights someone half decent. hows he ever meant to learn fighting bums and nobodies!
By:
TheChaser
When: 30 Apr 16 18:18
Des Pond 25 Apr 16 18:02 Joined: 19 Aug 06 | Topic/replies: 392 | Blogger: Des Pond's blog
Usual story. Find a tall bum who can't fight, but somehow has an unbeaten record and let the promoters and commentators do the rest. I hope that fans have the sense to stay away, and don't pay for it on Sky either. If boxing fans let the bullsh!tters know they are not going to fall for this nonsense anymore, maybe the likes of Hearn and the hopeless media pundits who encourage it, will have to take note.

Hearn in this video with Briggs telling his team how he makes money , basically laughing at the fans in some parts.How the fkc can anyone pay to watch Joshua v an unknown.I suppose though if your local it's a decent night out.Not just boxing fans like at the darts on sky as if they sit and watch the BDO 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNYbIq7OSw
By:
TheChaser
When: 30 Apr 16 18:21
I think Fury is getting p1ssed of more by the day with Joshua and will call him out straight out after Klitscho if he wins ( even if he loses he should get a chance for his belt back )
By:
TheChaser
When: 30 Apr 16 18:22
If he beats klitscho thats when the public will find out he is ducking him for real as Fury won't hold back , Fury was tweeting about Hearn grabbing all the boxers to his stable , Hearn replied door is always open.

Sky have Joshua and dont even care about any other big fights , where they after canelo v khan?
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 30 Apr 16 18:41
Brezeale is an awful opponent but i think its acceptable for a first defence but NOT for PPV. Brezeale is a former olympian and its not true what Despond says about his last opponent quitting for no reason.............That opponent was Amir Mansour and its true he retired but he had bitten almost completely through his tongue and was struggling to breath with the blood.
By:
TheChaser
When: 30 Apr 16 18:59
Can he bang this Breazele
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 30 Apr 16 19:05
Only seen him twice but yeah he can dig enough. The fight with Mansour will be on Youtube im sure-was a great fight - Brezeale was rocked numerous times. He has imposing size but doesn't use it very well. Joshua will blow him away to be fair.

I dont get the stick he's getting for his oppo's to be honest.......Martin was IBF champ regardless of whether he was any good and before that we had White which was a great fight. Previous to that he's been fighting the names you would expect for someone at that stage of his career so fair enough for me.

What i cant have though is the PPV and Eddie Hearns bulshit, should be free on Sky sports and then he can move to PPV when he starts fighting the Povetkins, Wilders and Furys.
By:
TheChaser
When: 30 Apr 16 19:12
I bet Gary Cornish still thinks how the fkc did i make PPV at the time Hearn must have travelled up and down the country looking for a Scottish heavyweight and found only him , Ross Henderson has went pro will he get a shot he's 2 wins from 2 Cool

We got an undefeated Heavy up here also
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 30 Apr 16 21:17
Leaving aside the issue of PPV which is a totally different issue Joshua's only crime, if that is what it is, is that he is in a division which has about a dozen decentish fighters, three or four of which are good but a vast gulf beyond that dozen. There isn't the depth to allow a fighter like Joshua to get the rounds he needs to refine his craft but anybody criticising him personally for the state of the division is a clueless mug.

I see the usual suspect has returned with a thread espousing the usual claptrap. Joshua has just taken the belt off an undefeated fighter. Problem being he wasn't good and Joshua is. He's now needing a marking time fight while the dust settles at the top of the division between Fatty Fury and Gun Shy Wlad. Things will be much clearer later in the year. Of course Fury wants Joshua ASAP. Let's remember though that Joshua doesn't need to rush. For every Leon Spinks who hits lucky there's a Tim Wetherspoon for whom it happens two or three fights too soon.
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 30 Apr 16 21:19
At this rate he may not need to batter Fury in to retirement. He'll eat his way there.
By:
n88uk
When: 02 May 16 14:16

Apr 30, 2016 -- 2:05PM, Jimmy Diamond wrote:

Only seen him twice but yeah he can dig enough. The fight with Mansour will be on Youtube im sure-was a great fight - Brezeale was rocked numerous times. He has imposing size but doesn't use it very well. Joshua will blow him away to be fair.I dont get the stick he's getting for his oppo's to be honest.......Martin was IBF champ regardless of whether he was any good and before that we had White which was a great fight. Previous to that he's been fighting the names you would expect for someone at that stage of his career so fair enough for me. What i cant have though is the PPV and Eddie Hearns bulshit, should be free on Sky sports and then he can move to PPV when he starts fighting the Povetkins, Wilders and Furys.

You answer your second point with your third point. He gets stick for his opponents because they are on PPV, and we're expected to fork out to watch Joshua fight knockover jobs. And then by paying for these fights you're making the chance of him fighting better opposition less likely, as they can just sit around facing average fighters until they fight Fury or Haye in a mega fight.

Joshua would get far less stick or probably none at all if these fights were on regular Sky.

By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 02 May 16 15:42
You're the customer. Nobody puts a gun to your head to buy the promotion. If it isn't value then the more people who refuse to buy it the more likely they are to have their fingers burned and the more likely fans will either get better quality fights or lesser quality fights on regular Sky or more specifically an already paid for service like Boxnation.
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 02 May 16 19:51
n88uk, Your initial post was complaining at Joshua's opponent and didn't mention the PPV aspect. I agree the PPV for the likes of Brezeale is terrible but i cant agree that Joshua's level of opponent has been poor. He's 16 fights in and has faced Skelton, Sprott, Kingpin Johnson, White, Cornish and the IBF champion......those are the kind of names you would surely expect at this stage.

Who would you have liked him to fight instead of Brezeale who is out there and available?
By:
TheChaser
When: 02 May 16 20:55
Great Britain's IBF world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua could make a defence of his title at Beijing's National Stadium, according to promoter Barry Hearn.

The National Stadium - or Bird's Nest - was used at the 2008 Olympics.

"When you plan someone's career like Joshua you tend to plan in advance," said Hearn, who saw Joshua stop Charles Martin last month to win the title.

"I think we're two years from saying we can sell out the Bird's Nest in China."

Hearn is the father of Joshua's promoter Eddie, and chairman of the fighter's Matchroom stable.

He identified China's 2008 Olympic silver medallist Zhang Zhilei, who has built an unbeaten professional record of eight fights since basing himself in Las Vegas, as a potential opponent for 26-year-old undefeated Joshua.

"Sometimes these things don't happen because people get beaten, but our job is about creating these kinds of moments," he added.

Joshua will make the first defence of his title against American Dominic Breazeale in London next month.
By:
tobermory
When: 03 May 16 00:03
I watched that video a few eeks back when Briggs brought his crew to Hearns' office

At one point Eiddie says 'I came up from the streets just like you'

wtf Laugh Eddie is 30 odd isn't he and his dad was a multi millionaire in the early 80s
By:
mightymoyes
When: 03 May 16 09:20
this saturdays bill is probably the worst ive ever seen on sky. some are still vs TBC and its 4 days away!
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 03 May 16 17:59
To be fair he does have a point Tober. Bond Street and Oxford Street are still streets. Laugh
By:
n88uk
When: 03 May 16 23:10

May 3, 2016 -- 4:20AM, mightymoyes wrote:

this saturdays bill is probably the worst ive ever seen on sky. some are still vs TBC and its 4 days away!

The card on TV isn't that bad because it includes Pulev vs Chisora as well as Crolla vs Barroso. Hard to expect much better than that on regular Sky. A little worse if you are actually at the arena of course.

By:
mega88
When: 07 May 16 20:27
SHANNON Briggs gonna knock out haye fury then joshua LET'S GO CHAMP!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOO
By:
TheChaser
When: 07 May 16 21:46
By:
Senyatta
When: 20 May 16 16:32
Anyone tuning in for the Parker fight tomorrow around 12pm? Looks like he could be AJ's next opponent if he gets the win. First time watching him live so it will be interesting to see if he is any good. Have heard tyson fury mention him a few times before
By:
Des Pond
When: 20 May 16 18:02
Parker is pretty good, imo. Accurate, good handspeed, looks to have decent power. Not particularly big for a heavyweight these days, but he can box. hard to say how far he will go until he gets backing to get over to Europe or USA. I think that his standard of opponent has been pretty restricted so far in NZ. Personally I don't think that Joshua will go near him, if he doesn't need to.
By:
n88uk
When: 20 May 16 19:47
Joshua will have to fight him though. IBF always enforce their mandatories, and no way will Joshua give up the belt.
By:
Des Pond
When: 20 May 16 20:57
Good, would like to see Parker v Joshua. Parker would give Joshua a lot of problems, imo.
By:
Des Pond
When: 21 May 16 13:42
I'll reserve judgement on Parker after that. Not a particularly convincing performance from Parker, although he deserved the win. Takam is very durable and a tough fighter, but Parker made hard work of beating him. I have some doubts about Parker's stamina now and I'm not sure he has enough power to trouble the biggest heavyweights. he also gets hit too often. His speed and movement are good and he varies his punches well, but he needs to get some better coaching and cut out the mistakes. The poor standard of opposition he has faced so far became evident during this fight, when he looked a bit tired and discouraged when Takam wouldn't go down. Parker is supposed to 6,4" but doesn't look it, and I think he might struggle against a big, decent-quality, experienced heavyweight, such as Wilder, Povetkin or Fury.
By:
n88uk
When: 25 Jun 16 17:14
Does nobody give a crap about this? Not 1 post and it's fight day.
By:
paulypaul
When: 25 Jun 16 17:26
I do..Can't do 18 quid though
where can can I get a free stream of this???
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com