Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sir mix a lot
11 Apr 15 09:13
| Topic/replies: 252 | Blogger: Sir mix a lot's blog
am i only one who thinks lee is way overpriced.......would have thought he'd be evens tops. Kid choc not fought in year and didn't make weight, lee in form of life since joining adam booth... lee not exactly a stranger to new york with decent following... hope he wins. c'mon andy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 129
By:
NSL
When: 11 Apr 15 14:21
Am I right in saying Quillin needed to lose just under half a lb in 2 hours and couldn't? Dead at the weight?
By:
pulio
When: 11 Apr 15 14:47
Quillin pays BJS step aside money so he can fight for the title and then misses the weight so can't fight for the title? disaster for him and haymon. He must have been bone dry too. Maybe it won't matter vs limited Lee but after missing weight like that, I'm not willing to pay to find out.
By:
joe9000
When: 11 Apr 15 17:50
I'm a big Lee fan and is every chance he wins tonight but to say "lee in form of life since joining adam booth" I think is going a bit far. At end of day he has won a total of 2 rounds between the Jackson and Korobov fights combined. Was awful in the fight in Denmark before that also. Hopefully Quillin is as all over the place as it appears and he beats him. Whatever result he'll still have title but think he'll find it very hard to beat BJS.
By:
Horangi.
When: 11 Apr 15 17:56
Gonna say that "form of his life" comment is comical.  He's looked very mediocre for the past couple years needing one punch knockouts in his last two outings to masque his poor performances.  Barely beat Horta, can even go back to that awful performance against Fiztgerald. 

imo Andy Lee is simply not very good.  Got power in his left hook and that's about it.  Lead footed combined with utilizing a puzzling wide stance makes his mobility about as bad as it gets.  Expected Quillin to win virtually every round but obviously weigh in issues an alarm bell so have to ease off now.
By:
Sir mix a lot
When: 11 Apr 15 22:04
comical eh? I don't think Lee did too bad in his last fight against double world champion amatuer and undefeated.

He's just fulfilled life's goal and fought better opposition so I think 3.7 is good price for him.

Kid choc is obviously good but not making weight in home town for title fight doesn't inspire confidence ..after a year off too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIev0bGrkM4
By:
never give up
When: 11 Apr 15 22:47
what times it on at
By:
Horangi.
When: 11 Apr 15 23:18
Korobov was putting in a weak output and still outpointing Andy easily until he got caught.  And yeah sure Korobov great amateur but as a pro done nothing and had shown signs of a shaky chin and known to have mental problems in the ring. 

If you examine Lee's cv its simply not that impressive.  Not even sure you can say he's had better opponents than Quillin.  His main claim to fame was his relationship with Emanuel Stewart and the stories of his sparring wars at that gym.  When you're eeking out victories over the likes of Craig McEwan, Anthony Fitzgerald, Frank Horta, and pulling victories out of the fire when behind as he's done in his past two outings its rather revealing.

Broadcast starts at 8:30est, believe it will start 15 min or so after that start time.
By:
Sabu
Lee Stinks, i've possibly placed to much on choc, but don't rate lee and would echo what horangi said
By:
Sabu
Lee Stinks, i've possibly placed to much on choc, but don't rate lee and would echo what horangi said
By:
Sir mix a lot
When: 12 Apr 15 00:24
I wouldn't be surprised if he lost but think Lee is good price.... I like what Adam Booth has done with David Haye and Lee so far.....good luck folks
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 00:49
agree lee hasn't looked gd he was getting smashed up against jackson before levelling him with one shot, he looked gone in that fight to me. Against korobov ok he wasn't getting smashed up but he was getting out boxed. You cant take the plaudits way from him for changing those to fights but to me bar his power his boxing has been awful.

Heres the problem i agree that kid chic is way way over rated and this is the perfect time to take him on (weight, lay off etc)

This fight aint going the distance for me, ill be shocked if it does i think lee is damaged goods and i think lee can level choice without a doubt ( rosado got to him and shook him up)

so Although id love to back lee due to my feelings towards kid choice ill be with the safe 4/6 fight to not go the distance. Wouldn't suprise me if this was a total gun fight
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Apr 15 01:23
Lee just hangs around on the outside waiting for a big counter while Quillin is a pretty conservative boxer.  Don't think the odds are particularly attractive for a stoppage win.  Certainly don't think this is going to be a war.
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 01:38
i don't think it'll be a war i think it'll be a gun fight, by that i mean i dont think they'll be going head on at each other but i can see when they exchange that either could go down at any sec
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 01:43
any streams?
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 01:46
no worries, found one
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 01:48
is Andy gonna get put on his arse?
By:
joe9000
When: 12 Apr 15 01:55
oh dear
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 01:55
that didn't take very long
By:
joe9000
When: 12 Apr 15 01:59
andys legs r like bambi 2nite
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 02:00

Apr 11, 2015 -- 7:23PM, Horangi. wrote:

Lee just hangs around on the outside waiting for a big counter while Quillin is a pretty conservative boxer.

By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 02:00
i think called it pretty perfect so far, eve heard gun fight mentioned lol
By:
joe9000
When: 12 Apr 15 02:02
wot is goin on wit his legs ffs
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Apr 15 02:04
Like a heaveyweight bout, every clean punch landed could be the knockout blow.
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 02:08
does Garcia win later, joe?
By:
joe9000
When: 12 Apr 15 02:15
I fancied him to get the KO, but strangely alot of american media been picking Peterson this wk. Since Haymon got all these new tv deals its worth noting that the favourite in the betting has won every main or co main event so far.
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 02:19
SurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprisedSurprised
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 02:20
ANDY KNOCKED HIM DOWN OMFG
By:
mightymoyes
Go on lee
By:
joe9000
Quillin looks well shocked
By:
RBoyd86
i don't think I've ever called a fight better, i better win my bet lol
By:
wisewords
When: 12 Apr 15 02:22
what's your bet?
By:
joe9000
When: 12 Apr 15 02:22
all the messing about with the weight cud b starting to kick in
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 02:24

Apr 11, 2015 -- 7:38PM, RBoyd86 wrote:

i don't think it'll be a war i think it'll be a gun fight, by that i mean i dont think they'll be going head on at each other but i can see when they exchange that either could go down at any sec

thats what i said about fight i backed fight not to go the distance at 4-6

By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Apr 15 02:25
Its like watching Randall Bailey fight Randall Bailey.  I see more action in 30 seconds of a James Kirkland fight than I've seen so far.
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 02:28
the knock out king wow he could bang
By:
Horangi.
When: 12 Apr 15 02:29
Quillin hasn't thrown a right hand in 2-3 rounds.  Lee surely within a point or two now, maybe a draw/rematch in the works.
By:
joe9000
When: 12 Apr 15 02:30
can't b a rematch sure
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 02:32
quillin has turned what should of been an easy R1/2 to into a dangerous distance fight
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Apr 15 02:33
i agree think there will defo be a rematch
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo