Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fayaz1
10 Aug 14 14:46
| Topic/replies: 3,180 | Blogger: fayaz1's blog
Not getting drawn into the hype about Bellew here, Sky trying their best. Evs looks a great bet with Boyles on the Welsh kid.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 463
By:
RBoyd86
When: 12 Aug 14 20:03
bellew is the worst fighter ever, as long as cleverley uses his head he wins ie not gt into a brawl
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 12 Aug 14 21:58
bellew will stop Cleverly this time, and I say that through gritted teeth cos I can't stand the bloke. Clev gone at the game and Bellew at a more natural weight.
By:
RBoyd86
When: 13 Aug 14 03:02
agree re bellew more natural at weight.. i think its cos i think he's so crap tht i want him to lose so bad and its making me more bias to clev who i actually dont mind. Clev cud defo outbox him its just a given that he'll get involved
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 13 Aug 14 09:07
I've never rated either of them tbh mate, but Clev just looks a broken man since the Krusher defeat and I can't see him even getting back to the level he was at before never mind improving, which I think he'll need to to beat Bellew up at Cruiser.

It goes without saying they both get smashed against the Hucks, Olas and Lebedevs
By:
RBoyd86
When: 14 Aug 14 11:54
agreed in a way if bellew ne impressively then fought ola itd be beautiful, as with all the bull **** hype  could see getting a price on ola, id get the old dot to put up the house lol
By:
sj
When: 14 Aug 14 16:05
Cant have a bet one is useless and one looks shot
By:
happyhibee
When: 01 Oct 14 16:05
PPV utterly astounded they are trying to charge money to watch this
By:
sj
When: 01 Oct 14 16:49
Are you astounded though mate? I never fault it was possible to be worse than Warren but Mr Slimey is going some. You know what's next Froch next fight PPV Quigg Frampton PPV Khan Brook PPV. Think about it people Bellew Cleverly no belt probably both finished £15.95 BoxNation Kovalev Hopkins Pacquiao Algeri Chisora V Fury Saunders V Korobov and various other fight for £12. Boycott it or British titles will be PPV next
By:
sj
When: 01 Oct 14 17:07
*never thought. Sorry
By:
happyhibee
When: 01 Oct 14 17:49
I'd have struggled to watch these 2 if it was on standard Sky Sports SJ. I certainly won't be forking out £15 to watch 1 shot fighter v 1 insanely average fighter. We also have Selby in a final eliminator and I think I even read Callum Smith could be fighting for an eliminator too?
By:
mightymoyes
When: 01 Oct 14 18:33
surely sales will be at rock bottom for this one? only people that'll be will their families and people with no sense.
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 01 Oct 14 21:00
was genuinely surprised at this, it's a fight I've absolutely minimal interest in. No way in the world I'll be paying for it. Says its the only way he can stack the card...simple answer to that Eddie...don't stack the ****g card...you've still got to get your fighters fights and its not like there's a massive demand to see them all on the same night.

Let's say he lives up to his promise (no sure thing obviously) and gets 7 or 8 good fights on there...what's the point? Just means the following few months on regular sky would be even more watered down than usual.

Big event my arse...in a 10k arena?...it's all a load of cobblers, Matchroom and Sky have obviously set in stone 2-3 PPVs a year from now on...whether they can find fights that merit one or not.

We've just got to hope the casuals don't get sucked in by the inevitable hype...if they make a pile on this it will be ****g open season from then on
By:
sj
When: 01 Oct 14 21:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_GFWxDh8TM

Somebody shoot meCry "We had to do it PPV two world title fights on the card" Jesus H. Quigg the regular average normal champion V Agbeko(he'll be getting loads Laugh) The we have another avergae WBA champion in Mcdonnell V a bloke who is a Flyweight. Calum Smith or maybe its Sprott who is on loads eh Crazy Man's a clown.

£15.95 for Bellew Cleverly

£12 Fury V Chisora Pacquiao V Algeri & Hopkins V Kovalev
By:
happyhibee
When: 01 Oct 14 21:50
How do these defences get sanctioned? He's challenged for a world title before?

Yeah Eddie 8 years ago at a lighter weight!
By:
sj
When: 01 Oct 14 22:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJefYeEi7c

Has to be taken down a peg. "If you dont like it dont buy it" Too powerful. And so if you are a normal paying SKY Sports subscriber what he is basically saying is tough sh it
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 01 Oct 14 22:21
jesus christ no way im paying £15 for that filth, what are sky thinking
By:
sj
When: 01 Oct 14 22:23
Hearn has pretty much admitted himself in that interview that they are going after the casual fan. It s gonna be pantomine season, expect an appearance from Ric Flair soon
By:
n88uk
When: 01 Oct 14 23:47
I am amazed Sky sanctioned Sky Box Office for this. I thought they had learned their lesson a few years ago that just throwing everything on Box Office doesn't work. It has to be something that really gets the fans going.

This simply isn't a PPV card. I won't be buying this. And surely hardly anyone will.
By:
n88uk
When: 02 Oct 14 00:17
According to Dan Rafael it wasn't Eddie's call. So Sky really think they can sell this?
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 02 Oct 14 00:17
Hearn looked a bit rattled in that last video, clearly wasn't expecting quite such a backlash.

The only people who'll buy this are the casuals who get hoodwinked by skysports news...we all know how much interest they show in 'stacked' undercards so good luck impressing them...with any luck the main event will be over in a round and there'll be uproar again.

Anyway, anybody like the Curtis Stevens ko tonight @ 2/1? Got to be worth a tickle with them whiskers of Ndam's surely?
By:
n88uk
When: 02 Oct 14 00:19
What video are you referring to alabaster crashes down?
By:
n88uk
When: 02 Oct 14 00:20
Oh don't worry. I think I found it. With iFilm London yes?
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 02 Oct 14 00:24
yeah the one sj posted
By:
teedoubleu
When: 02 Oct 14 11:46
It was clear when these two clowns boxed on the same card that it was going be ppv, Hearn is talking complete garbage when he says he was not sure if it was going to be or not. I would love to have time to stop this crap and organise a proper campaign and boycott all his shows.
By:
Topboys
When: 02 Oct 14 20:05
Cannot believe it is PPV. Gobsmacked.
By:
sj
When: 02 Oct 14 21:14
This is just the start. Hearn saying only 150 have complained about it
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 02 Oct 14 22:16
Hopefully it's a total flop. Talk about ripping the piiss.
By:
n88uk
When: 03 Oct 14 00:22
I can't see it being anything but a total flop.

Was there any need to stack this card, why not just spread these fights across multiple shows. It's not like there's anything on there unmakeable without PPV.
By:
n88uk
When: 03 Oct 14 00:29

Oct 2, 2014 -- 9:14PM, sj wrote:

This is just the start. Hearn saying only 150 have complained about it

It will only be the start if it's successful. If it isn't it will be a warning to Sky that you can't just put on any old rubbish and expect people to buy it. A lesson I thought they had learned after Haye vs Harrison.

I think they have vastly overestimated the popularity after some recent successes. The problem is the stacking of the card doesn't even work for me. The hardcore fan is probably not very interested in the main event, and is unlikely to buy it out of principle. The casual fan won't sit through 7 fights anyway. It's always the main event that ends up being the draw card and for me Cleverly vs Bellew isn't it.

By:
mightymoyes
When: 03 Oct 14 09:14
its not even a stacked card really is it.
By:
anfeild
When: 03 Oct 14 12:03
This is just pure greed. Sky are losing the Champions league next year. How can they justify charging for this fight on top of your sub fee. I'm against ppv but if it's going to happen it should be only for really big fights. This is not a big fight and i hope nobody pays for it.
By:
n88uk
When: 03 Oct 14 12:27

Oct 3, 2014 -- 9:14AM, mightymoyes wrote:

its not even a stacked card really is it.

In terms of the fights being interesting no, not really. The only real 50:50 fight is the main event. The rest are step ups in class for most the Hearn fighters, but still fights you'd expect them to win easily.

I think the best way to sell a PPV is to have a main event that will sell and maybe a good chief support fight. Beyond that I'm not really sure 7 fights sells. Hearn is saying it will start about 6pm and finish around midnight, but how many people are going to watch it for 6 hours. That's too long to catch most people's attention.

By:
mightymoyes
When: 03 Oct 14 18:35
theyve got quigg fighting another bantamweight that sky cant even be bothered to spell right. is it part of his contract never to fight people of the same weight?
By:
teedoubleu
When: 04 Oct 14 13:14
On a couple of occasions his chin has not looked bomb proof and he certainly would not want to jeopardize a ppv fight with Frampton.
By:
tobermory
When: 05 Oct 14 03:37
Incredible this.

Any boxing fan who is not bothered about football will surely ditch Sky Sports : subscription just gone up to £24.50 pm and it doesn't even cover a domestic level fight between has beens .
By:
anfeild
When: 08 Oct 14 12:47
Sky losing the champions league next year and are charging for this fight. Totally wrong way to go. This is a domestic fight and should not be on box office. Imo no fight should be but this one for sure does not merit box office. Just trying to milk people.
By:
sj
When: 08 Oct 14 15:44
Warren's guard is better in qaulity and is a lot more evenly matched on November 29th. Another card full of mismatches coming this week following last weeks from Hearn
By:
sj
When: 08 Oct 14 15:44
*Warren's Card
By:
GRANTCKING
When: 08 Oct 14 17:29

Oct 8, 2014 -- 3:44PM, sj wrote:

Warren's guard is better in qaulity and is a lot more evenly matched on November 29th. Another card full of mismatches coming this week following last weeks from Hearn

yeh I must admit the amount of mismatches sky have been showing is zzzzz just glorified training sessions

Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com