Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
WhiteHatJon
14 Feb 14 10:11
| Topic/replies: 167 | Blogger: WhiteHatJon's blog
I'd price it as follows :

Wembley - 5/4
Emirates - 2/1
Old Trafford - 6/1
Etihad - 8/1
Stamford Bridge - 16/1
City Ground - 33/1
Twickenham - 100/1
Vegas - 500/1

Inside knowledge would be appreciated ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Big fight venue
Show More
Report Rhino-2k8 February 14, 2014 1:03 PM GMT
100% Not Wembley, Venue in use night before.
Report alabaster crashes down February 14, 2014 3:04 PM GMT
old trafford I reckon. Can't see Froch wanting to go to London and face a hugely pro-Groves crowd.
Report Jimmy Diamond February 14, 2014 3:30 PM GMT
Think Trafford is likelly but id have a wedge on the city ground at those odds! Carls the winner from the last fight and the title holder.........puts him in a stronger position to call the shots.
Report alabaster crashes down February 14, 2014 3:36 PM GMT
dont think Eddie will allow the city ground though, not enough bums on seats
Report WhiteHatJon February 14, 2014 4:04 PM GMT
I agree that London may favour GG, but in the grand scheme of things the fight will have an unreal buzz about it where ever it is held.

I quite fancied Twickenham until I saw the Premiership Final is on that day and Rhino is right in saying that England play Peru on the 30th May at Wembley.

EH has said that this would be an 80,000 strong event, so with the pitch seats it must surely mean that the only option is OT ???

My revised book :

Old Trafford - 4/6 (Market mover)
Emirates - 2/1
Etihad - 10/1
City Ground - 33/1
Stamford Bridge - 33/1
Wembley - 50/1
Vegas - 66/1
Twickenham - 100/1
Report tobermory February 15, 2014 4:27 PM GMT
Can i back Millennium Stadium at 100/1 then Confused Excited
Report Meyer Lansky February 16, 2014 8:19 PM GMT
Def not Wembley or Stamford Bridge ( Groves is a Chelsea fan and Carl won't fight him there ) ... Personally being a Nottingham bloke I'd love it to be at the City Ground but don't think it's big enough,plus with all the tram/road works parking is crap ... so I reckon one of the two Manchester Stadiums or Emirates
Report Meyer Lansky February 16, 2014 8:19 PM GMT
Def not Millenium either
Report tobermory February 16, 2014 8:46 PM GMT
^
the roof could be useful
Report alabaster crashes down February 19, 2014 12:44 PM GMT
Pretty much between Wembley and the Emirates according to Hearn in todays Mail...quite surprised Froch is prepared to go to London. Reading the forums I often think the Froch/Groves arguments have a north/south divide angle to them...will surely be a massively pro-groves at either of those venues. No doubt Groves will play on that in the build up too.
Report plotless February 20, 2014 10:00 AM GMT
Can see tickets selling like hot cakes. Hope they don't rip people off with a ridiculous pricing structure though. Id prefer it outside of London myself.
Report alabaster crashes down February 20, 2014 10:07 AM GMT
was hoping for Manchester myself for purely selfish reasons but Hearn seems dead set on London. If he genuinely wants to get 80,000 in it will be priced reasonable I'd have thought...£20 - £1000 would be my guess.
Report WhiteHatJon February 20, 2014 11:10 AM GMT
I now strongly fancy the Emirates.

There are a few reasons, Wembley is in use the day before for England v Peru as we all know, but the key thing for me is that the TV coverage is ITV, if it were Sky then you could see the logistics being possibly done in 24hrs but with 2 different companies I'm not so sure it is possible.

There is a hotel I had in mind to book when I first started this thread, it is 2 miles from the Emirates and today it is charging twice the price than when I first looked at it a week ago. Is that people speculating or are there some well informed people out there ?

The Emirates is the most expensive stadium in the UK and yet still sells out pretty regularly, so it is pefectly reasonable to expect EH to factor in a premium for Emirates tickets than he would charge for Wembley. Less bums on seats would also mean more PPV, I guess ?

Come on boys, somebody out there must know ??
Report plotless February 20, 2014 5:37 PM GMT
If it is Emirates I cant see hotels being a major issue. Worst case jump on underground and go somewhere else? Never been to Emirates so not certain of course but cant imagine it will be that difficult? Hearn saying on Twitter than announcement being made tomorrow, apparently.
Report Meyer Lansky February 21, 2014 10:43 AM GMT
Agree with WhiteHatJon cannot see it being Wembley,I'm sure it would take more than a day to build the stage/ring etc together with all the health and safety mullarkey that goes with it,plus the TV company situation that WHJ mentioned.

So yep I reckon the Emirates ... It might even have been the Olympic Stadium if Eddies dad had managed to lease it instead of West Ham's owners !!
Report Topboys February 24, 2014 10:39 PM GMT
Froch has just tweeted:

"Just got off the phone with @EddieHearn & the waiting is nearly over. City Ground is now the front runner. @Official_NFFC let's do this."
Report tobermory February 25, 2014 12:42 AM GMT
so much for 60-80,000 crowd then Crazy
Report plotless February 25, 2014 12:50 AM GMT
Can't see it being city ground. Would be a big loss of revenue if they did. But of course everyone involved knows that.
Report n88uk February 25, 2014 1:20 AM GMT
George Groves ‏@StGeorgeGroves  2h
Before you all book your trains to Nottingham because the Sheriff has tweeted.. I very much doubt King John would send us all there! #Hoax

I find it hard to believe it will be the City Ground as well. Either Old Trafford or Emirates imo (with Wembley apparently a no-goer).
Report smido25 February 26, 2014 11:00 PM GMT
Even Fast Car Eddie has confirmed the two fighters squabbled over the most minor details before signing deal. No way George would let it be Nottingham or Froch would let it be Chelsea ground for example. Manchester still favourite for me.
Report mightymoyes February 28, 2014 10:47 AM GMT
they're fairly dragging this out
Report sj February 28, 2014 2:33 PM GMT
Annouced Tuesday, tickets on sale 10th March
Report mightymoyes March 3, 2014 8:22 PM GMT
10am tmrw
tkts on sale next monday
Report Topboys March 4, 2014 10:13 AM GMT
Drum roll please...

Venue announced is Wembley.
Report plotless March 4, 2014 11:10 AM GMT
Good choice. Tickets should be reasonable and can see 80k being there tbf
Report n88uk March 4, 2014 1:04 PM GMT
Prices start at £30. I don't how many tickets and what prices go up to though.
Report Biscuit1979 March 4, 2014 11:11 PM GMT
£30 tickets will be up in the gods and you won't see f*ck all. Only seats worth having will be floor seats and they'll cost a fortune
Report n88uk March 5, 2014 12:58 AM GMT
I think it's arguable you will get a bit of a better view from the lower elevated seats. Some of the seats on the pitch won't even be that close to the ring and you will struggle to see much.
Report WhiteHatJon March 5, 2014 11:44 AM GMT
I agree with n88uk here, half way line lower elevated seats would be my first call, but how much will they cost ?

If the £30 seats are up in the gods at the ends, then up in the gods on the sides will probably be £50. The nearer you get to the half way line, upper seats may probably be around £75 ish ?

My guess is that lower elevated on the sides somewhere between the penalty area line and the half way line at either side, are going to cost £100-£150, which is just about within my budget.
Report alabaster crashes down March 5, 2014 2:21 PM GMT
Hearn said on his ifilm interview that lower tier central blocks halfway back are £100, they're releasing a full seating plan with prices before the day of sale...it will be fastest finger first for those seats though no doubt.
Report plotless March 10, 2014 6:24 PM GMT
Managed to get two decent tickets but took over an hour and the site was awful. Feel sorry for those that missed out. Tickets now going for over 3 x face value on various sites
Report mactheknife March 21, 2014 5:46 PM GMT
Wembley will be good for St George, cant see Froch lasting through this experience at all.
Report mactheknife March 21, 2014 5:47 PM GMT
Fighting a younger better boxer in his own back yard.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com