Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pulio
21 Sep 13 14:22
| Topic/replies: 2,293 | Blogger: pulio's blog
1. Curtis Woodhouse to beat Derry Matthews by KO/TKO/DQ - 3/1

Curtis fights one way which is to come forward and put pressure on his opponent.  Matthews has lost 8 times, 7 of which have been by stoppage. This is a 12 rounder and Woodhouse won't be taking a backward step. Woodhouse is vulnerable himself, he's been stopped by Dale Miles but generally from what I've seen he's shown a decent chin. I still think Matthews can take him out with one shot though. The thing about Matthews is he just isn't that good. He won't be boxing and moving here. I expect an all out war for however long it lasts and I'm siding with who I believe to be the more skillful fighter and better defensive fighter. Matthews is so vulnerable to the body as well.

2. John Ryder to beat BJS - 5/2

Just a value bet here for me. I think it's a very close fight. I respect Saunders but I think he's getting overhyped. Ryder is very technically sound, good at making his opponent miss and has decent power. He's a southpaw as well so it's something different. Ryder will have done his homework and been studying Saunders for years and he's got a good trainer as well. I don't see him getting outclassed like all the others. I think with his defensive skill and his power he will be dangerous. I question Saunders stamina - he has publically said he was gassed in fights and had to use all his heart to get through. Plus Saunders is a bit easy to goad into a war, if ryder decides to try to take chances to land one. I just think the overall value is with Ryder at 5/2 outright.
Pause Switch to Standard View bets this weekend
Show More
Report Jimmy Diamond September 21, 2013 4:38 PM BST
Ive backed Derry to win by points at 3/1

Think Derrys a better fighter than Woodhouse. All this talk of it being a war might be a bit off the mark - Matthews knows this is Woodhouse's best chance to win. He might look to use his better skillset to keep it at a bit more range.
Report alabaster crashes down September 21, 2013 5:02 PM BST
think woodhouse is worth a small play, derry is nearly done now surely
Report Ericali September 21, 2013 5:35 PM BST
Woodhouse TKO/KO @ 3/1
Joe Murray Pts @ 9/2
BJ Saunders Pts @ 10/11
Smith Pts @ 5/2

All Singles + an acca at 100/1
Report Ericali September 21, 2013 5:36 PM BST
^^^^^
Level Stakes.
Report Rhino-2k8 September 21, 2013 8:11 PM BST