Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 110 comments are related to the topic:
Kovalev vs Cleverly

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 110
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 17 Aug 13 23:17
could be a big night for a few of us on here if Barker can get the stoppage...c'mon the dazzler
By:
RBoyd86
When: 17 Aug 13 23:22
yea i only had a tenner double 6s going on to 8s but that will cover my earlier loses
By:
RBoyd86
When: 17 Aug 13 23:22
Kovalev caught Cleverly hard, putting him down twice, and really the fight should have ended there.

Instead, referee Terry O'Connor basically made himself a hazard with his arms waving all over, far too close to the action if he wasn't going to stop the fight, as Kovalev tried to finish it off during the end of round three. O'Connor then basically carried a clearly beaten and damaged Cleverly back to the corner after the bell, where Cleverly was plopped down into his stool and sent back out for the inevitable finish.

Fcuking o conner english refs are **** and im english
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 18 Aug 13 03:45
Superb from Kiko Martinez. Few months ago he's finished now he's world champion Laugh
By:
book
When: 18 Aug 13 04:28
barker-geale will be a draw
By:
n88uk
When: 18 Aug 13 04:52
On twitter, most people have Barker up going into the last round. Yet Geale is still favourite...
By:
n88uk
When: 18 Aug 13 04:55
And now after losing the final round clearly Barker is favourite Laugh.
By:
book
When: 18 Aug 13 04:57
ffs,114-113 twice
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 18 Aug 13 04:57
Barkers the champ GrinGrinGrinGrin

lost my dough but fuuck it
By:
n88uk
When: 18 Aug 13 04:59
Absolutely mad market. Barker was still trading @ 3 in round 11.
By:
book
When: 18 Aug 13 05:01
laid £200 at 1.04 on geale,but was large green on the draw
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 18 Aug 13 05:02
You were unlucky book, I was sure that last scorecard was gonna be 114-114
By:
n88uk
When: 18 Aug 13 05:02
Market didn't seem to cotton on that Barker should have been leading on the cards until the 12th, don't know what it was playing at tbh.
By:
PHILthePOWER
When: 18 Aug 13 05:07
How refreshing was Barkers interview? Complimenting his opponent & admitting it could have gone either way, not giving it the big one and calling out all sorts of opponents.

Well done Darren, it is so much easier to warm to boxers like him, instead of the fury/haye/froch talking crap rubbish.
By:
book
When: 18 Aug 13 05:09
and me gees
By:
pulio
When: 18 Aug 13 06:09
i was looking at a HUGE payout if barker stopped geale Cry
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 18 Aug 13 11:41
you and me both pulio Laugh Cry To be fair it never really looked likely did it.

also had a £50 outright acca Barker, Martinez, Smith, Kovalev, Campillo.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Aug 13 12:55
Thought Barker just about edged it and was really chuffed for him as he seems a really decent fella
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 18 Aug 13 16:07
Agree hibee. However I was surprised how difficult it was for him, expected it to be much more straightforward. Also got the feeling it took a once in a lifetime superhuman effort for him to win. Probably have to take him on next time out.
By:
happyhibee
When: 18 Aug 13 19:08
Wouldn't surprise me if he jacks it mate. Go out at the top and enjoy the rest of your life. also maybe the rumours about his injured back might have had something to do with it? Showed serious guts to get up off the floor though I thought that body shot had ended it
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 18 Aug 13 20:36
well done barker,one of the good guys Cool
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 18 Aug 13 23:02
Well done Barker backers

Last night was the only time watching boxing that i have had a tear in my eye. Absolutelly brilliant to see him win that world title after all he's been through. I honestly thought he was done after getting put down from that body shot - proper rocky stuff that he got up and recovered........i think ref Cotton was on the verge of stepping in until Barker threw a couple of punches to show he was still competing.

Would be foolish to retire now, make an easy first defence and then a couple of fights against World level opponents or one of the British fighters. He can make a nice retirement fund for himself. Id fancy him to beat Andy Lee and Matt Macklin although think he'd struggle with Murray. I think he could even beat Sturm.
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 19 Aug 13 10:33
agree with pretty much everything there jimmy. I think they'll go for Macklin or Sturm on the Froch Groves card to justify a PPV. It's a fight Barker can win but he'll need to mix it up a bit more. Ironic that after years of people calling him for him to be more aggressive he actually seems to have gone a bit too far...think he could have beat Geale a bit more easily if he'd used his boxing a bit more, he was loading up on almost every shot and the jab got neglected.
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 19 Aug 13 10:50
forgot Macklin is supposed to be fighting Rosado on hbo isnt he so most likely be sturm as his mandatory if they can raise the cash to get him over.
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 19 Aug 13 11:04
Don't think there's a hope in hell he'll quit, this is the chance to make life changing money. Deservedly so after getting up from that body shot and his past.

As for opponents I'd be surprised if Andy Lee isn't top of the list. Would pass as a genuine challenger even though I'd say he's close to useless.
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 19 Aug 13 11:20
I don't rate Lee either but he's fighting Spada on the Haye Fury undercard I think.

Sounds like Cleverly is seriously considering retirement.
By:
happyhibee
When: 19 Aug 13 19:20
I actually had a tear in my eye too when he spoke afterwards genuinely heartwarming.

I don't think he would quit given there's money to be made but I just think he might consider it. Think he beats Sturm if the fight's in the UK and would beat macklin too who is grossly overrated. Would avoid Murray at all costs though I think he is the best of the 3 UK boys
By:
larrence
When: 19 Aug 13 19:35
darren barker is without doubt one of the good guys, all the best to him.Cool
By:
sj
When: 21 Aug 13 18:45
AH Krusher LoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLove
By:
Musik
When: 23 Aug 13 19:34
Wonder if Cleverly will call it quits
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 23 Aug 13 20:52
Can Cleverley come again is the question......i think he probably can as there's not a lot in the LH division. Cloud is beatable, Hopkins cant go on much longer, Dawson has big question marks and Pascal and Stevenson are dangerous but beatable.

I think Nathan has to get away from his dad as a trainer though because he's gone as far as he can with him.
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com