Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Only-the-Brave
21 Jun 13 15:20
| Topic/replies: 16,042 | Blogger: Only-the-Brave's blog
According to Rafael, been drawn up for 17th August.  Big big fight to take on, which woulld usually mean avoid by Warren's usual way of promoting.  Kovalev looks the real deal to me, be interesting to see how bookies price this up.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 110
By:
sj
When: 21 Jun 13 18:16
shhhhhhhhhhhhh Wink
By:
RBoyd86
When: 22 Jun 13 13:27
LOL not wrong sj!!!
By:
pulio
When: 11 Jul 13 20:44
Kovalevs a big puncher but Clev is fighting at home and will get the benefit of doubt on the scorecards. Kovalev will need a KO here. I haven't seen Cleverly hurt yet in the ring apart from taking a solid shot from Kuziemsky. I'm not sure how hurt he was there even. Bellew said he was pissing blood after the fight with Clev so Clev is a hard puncher himself plus he's got a good workrate. Kovalev hasn't been past 8 rounds either. This is a 12 rounder.

There are a few variables to consider but I'm not 100% sure that Kovalev will bang Cleverly out in a few rounds like a lot of other people are. It could well happen. Cleverly will be standing and trading no doubt but he might be tough enough to take the shots and keep Kovalev honest with his own shots.

If it goes to a decision Cleverly wins. You have to think the ref will be on Clevs side as well, to some degree. Kovalev is fighting in a hostile atmosphere as well and might actually have to take some good shots for the first time in his career. Coupled with Cleverlys workrate and Kovalev not being proven beyond 8 rounds - I have to question the confidence people have in Kovalev. People are really hyping up his power I guess. He's got good skills too but so has Cleverly.

Its a tough fight to call I think. Much more competitive than I'm hearing people say it is.
By:
Only-the-Brave
When: 13 Jul 13 18:20
either kovalev bangs him out quick or clev wins a decision for me.  From what I've seen of kovalev though he seems the real deal.  Can easily see bookies pricing it up wrong/patriotic money making clev too short.
By:
pulio
When: 07 Aug 13 16:57
11/8 Kovalev KO
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 07 Aug 13 23:46
Is there any group round betting prices yet? Oddschecker is playing up for me. I m in the kovalev by demolition camp. Never been a fan of clev but I 'll give him his dues if he can get through this one. Going to be quick and ugly though I feel.
By:
mokoloko
When: 10 Aug 13 22:10
anybody no what time the fight is on
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 10 Aug 13 22:19
yeh,next week
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 11 Aug 13 15:38
looks like the odds are gonna flip flop on this one, steady support for Cleverly already.

Gonna watch some more tapes tomorrow but 7/1 Kov rnds 1-3 looks tempting to me.
By:
Ericali
When: 16 Aug 13 07:43
I think this is going to be a war. Kov rounds 1-6 @ 11/4 is appealing, but so is the Cleverly stoppage at 15/2.

If your used to banging people out in 3 rounds or less, what happens when a mans still stood there at the start of the 5th & you've shot your bolt?

Could be a Benn V Watson type of fight if Clev can make it through the first couple of rounds.

Clev's stamina is exceptional, he can throw a 1,000 punches a fight. If his chin can hold up, the stoppage for Clev could start to look appealing.

For a outside double the 76/1 on both brits scoring a stoppage this weekend looks appealing at 365. Excited
By:
alabaster crashes down
When: 16 Aug 13 10:50
Yep I've played kov 1-7 and clev ko. Pretty sure kov has too much for clev but equally confident he has a dodgy gas tank.

Also had a good go at barker ko and both fights inside doubles.
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 17 Aug 13 17:55
There's elements of Clev that i dont like either but i think he's been underestimated a little by some. We cant know what Kovalev's stamina is like and as brave as Cleverley is.....he surelly isnt going to stand and trade.
By:
RBoyd86
When: 17 Aug 13 18:17
the sticking point for me with clev is the bellew fight... i dont rate bellew one bit at all and he made hard work of beating him.. also he loves too get involved and stick his chin out, that would be a big no no here
By:
Horangi.
When: 17 Aug 13 18:26
Like Cleverly at slightly above evens and the stoppage at almost 8-1 is appealing.  Kovalev is an unknown in terms of chin and stamina and I'm not sure this is the opponent and venue you want to be tested in.  The power of Kovalev has taken the headlines but I think the workrate of Cleverly in his hometown should start him as a small fav.

Anybody else like Enzo over Mckenzie?  Honestly felt like Enzo was coping well with McKenzie the first time out and starting to get the better of him.  Second time around should feel even more comfortable and confident.  Enzo is technically superior, hits as hard if not harder and is fighting at home, 2-1+ seems like very good value to me.
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 17 Aug 13 19:26
Have toyed with Enzo myself Horangi.

The drop down to LH hasnt suited him though and the guy is a knockout waiting to happen. Agree he wasnt doing too badly in the first fight and Mackenzie is poor compared to what Enzo was fighting in his pomp. Its value for sure but the blueprint on maccarinelli is out. I have a hunch for Enzo here though so am considering a small play.
By:
Geesyerdosh
When: 17 Aug 13 19:42
I've followed with the Kov 1-6, Cleverley stoppage. Kovalev will know going to the champ's backyard he'll more than likely need the ko and wouldn't be shocked to see him blow himself out.

My main bet is on Barker. 8/1 the stoppage looks massive. Looked much bigger at the weigh-in and Geale looked nervous. If he can truly believe he can win I think he will. Done the doubles as well.
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 20:08
Anybody fancy laying Evs this fight not to go the distance? I've got 80 quid waiting to be matched
By:
Them Bones
When: 17 Aug 13 20:10
Hell of a card. Can't wait for the main event!

I've got..
Kovalev to win.
Buckland to win.
And Enzo Vs Ovill to go under 9,5 rounds.

WAR Kovalev!!!
By:
mokoloko
When: 17 Aug 13 20:45
im on kovalev, smith and enzo
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 20:47
Really don't rate Oyvil if Enzo has anything left then 2/1 is a huge price
By:
neill d
When: 17 Aug 13 20:51
any streams lads?
By:
neill d
When: 17 Aug 13 20:51
thanks
By:
mokoloko
When: 17 Aug 13 20:54
http://atdhe.xxx/boxing/watch-boxnation-boxing-mckenzie-vs-maccarinelli-cleverly-vs-kovalev-3i854
By:
neill d
When: 17 Aug 13 21:00
top man mokoloko, cheers
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:02
Doing ok is Enzo all Ovill has is a swinging right he's really crude though
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:06
Very quiet on here tonight. Got Enzo 3-1 up here though
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:18
Enzo looks to have gassed after 6
By:
kingrattler
When: 17 Aug 13 21:19
He wants to forget it talking about Cleverley his workrate is limited and hes far to easy to hit.
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:22
No chance of beating Clev might still do this though
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:34
great stoppage go on Enzo
By:
mokoloko
When: 17 Aug 13 21:35
good man enzo
always exciting
By:
Horangi.
When: 17 Aug 13 21:37
Good fight, regret backing off some of my Enzo bet midway through.
By:
swanseaspoon1
When: 17 Aug 13 21:37
anyone have a decent stream please?
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:38
Thanks for whoever laid £1.26 of my fight not to go distance in Clev fight only got £78.74 to go
By:
mokoloko
When: 17 Aug 13 21:40
swanseaspoon links above
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:41
Lockett speaking well here. Knows Enzo ain't the same fighter so is trying to get him to evolve
By:
happyhibee
When: 17 Aug 13 21:43
Any thoughts on the Buckland fight?
By:
RBoyd86
When: 17 Aug 13 21:48
lost a packet there but if i had to lose glad it was to enzo! fight turned when he survived the 7th if that had happened two to 3 rounds earlier then think ovil wud of got him just totally gassed n cudnt get him out when he was hurt
By:
mokoloko
When: 17 Aug 13 21:56
im on smith, looks a live underdog
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo