Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
16 Aug 21 18:25
| Topic/replies: 3,936 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
I saw a piece about this horse in the RP a few weeks ago regarding his 80+ strike rate. I have just had a little look at the numbers for Britain and he has had 116, 62 (50%ish) of which are 80+ and 28 (25%) ish are 90+. I know his commercial days are probably behind him but these seem really good stats to me. I know they were off good mares and probably won't be as good in a few years especially when he has vanished to a NH stud. He is £20k now but may well be £10k next year and less in future. Will he ever be value?
Show More
Report A_T August 17, 2021 3:48 PM BST
seem to recall you writing-off Frankel very early on in his stallion career
Report truehoncho August 17, 2021 7:09 PM BST
Did I? Have you got a view on this fella A-T? I promise I won't look up any of your old opinions to see if they are right or wrong. This is a forum for opinions isn't it?
Report sageform August 20, 2021 7:54 AM BST
Golden Horn progeny are not exactly setting the world alight so far. They seem slow maturing and lacking pace to me but with a change in the mix of mares used, things could change.
Report truehoncho August 21, 2021 3:21 PM BST
To be honest I like him Sageform. I am sort of hoping his fee will fall into my price range. An 80+ horse would do me fine and I have a mare that would suit him. When they start off at his stud fee they have to be successful from the get go or they are rarely forgiven.
Report potentialmillionaire August 21, 2021 3:34 PM BST
He is almost certainly over as a commercial prospect truehonch and I don’t know how much he is the property of the Oppenheimers still.
I am guessing not 100% but they still own a massive chunk for sure.

It might be easier for Darley to ask him politely to re-livery or maybe they won’t care as long as Hascombe keep sending over a barrow of feed every now and then!

If you want to use him I think you might be sending your mare to a different venue and maybe even country?

He has been a good shot to breed an 80+ horse, but is your mare as good as those that he has covered? Those very mares perhaps more used to breeding 100+ Runners by other sires.
Report truehoncho August 22, 2021 11:14 AM BST
A friend of mine who has looked at his CI index informs me he has done quite well with a lot of the mares he has had PotM, but of course as you say my mare wouldn't be as close as good as the vast majority he has had (I only wish she was!!).
Report sageform August 22, 2021 1:15 PM BST
Quite a lot of progeny rated between 100 and 110 but nothing that has run up a sequence and nothing has won more than £50k career earnings. Every time I see one of his win a maiden I wonder if this is the breakthrough but still waiting.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com