Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DeSSieReborn
06 Jun 21 16:36
| Topic/replies: 27,710 | Blogger: DeSSieReborn's blog
First a Frankel colt wins the English Derby as well as any you care to remember, then the only colt doing anything for them on the classic front St Marks Basilica is by Siyouni from the Aga Khans stud. Surely they have to find a new classic colt in their ranks to take up the competition? Judging from the colts we've seen so far, they are in a desperate struggle. The next few years could be very interesting.
Pause Switch to Standard View Is Coolmores world being turned...
Show More
Report Formtwist June 6, 2021 7:18 PM BST
Certainly the crop of three year old colts is looking less than Group 1 standard at least at middle distances. The remainder of the season will show whether the juvenile talent is of a higher standard in keeping with previous years or whether a more fundamental problem exists. Just at present the Darley breeding operation is more dominant but weather and prevailing going can affect results as can the health of horses in a yard. I wouldn't rush to conclusions just yet.
Report potentialmillionaire June 7, 2021 5:42 PM BST
Well Dessie you have slightly answered your own post because whilst Coolmore aren’t standing Siyouni they have made sure they have his two best sons on their roster in due course.
Also st Mark’s is the best prospect around right now so when he retires next spring there will be nothing hotter.
Report roadrunner46 June 8, 2021 1:04 AM BST
wootton bassettWink
Report DeSSieReborn June 8, 2021 6:37 AM BST
Yes millionaire I accept what you say but as I see it a) St Marks Basilica is enhancing the claims of Siyouni at stud whilst he is winning classics and the galileos etc are not and b) when St Marks does retire theres no guarantee he will be successful at stud for coolmore. They seem to have gone in hard on Caravaggio this year which will be interesting with regard to producing classic winners? I'm no expert but it looks to me this may be a transitional period for them while they wait to see how Wootton Bassett progeny with their broodmares (galileo) turn out.In the meantime there is Frankels moon rising with his first Derby winner.......No doubt Coolmore
Report truehoncho June 8, 2021 10:53 AM BST
I think Coolmore have more than enough ammunition to keep them in business while they find another Galileo. There is no guarantee any horse will be successful at stud but no one offers the quality they do year after year, Its only a matter of time. There is no real competition.
Report A_T June 8, 2021 1:31 PM BST
Juddmonte with Frankel and Kingman aren't competition?
Report truehoncho June 8, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Maybe just now A-T but how long will it last? I can't see J being much of a force going forward. Frankel is obviously special but he won't last forever.
Report A_T June 8, 2021 3:59 PM BST
They need one son of Galileo to be producing outstanding performers- problem is they have too many to choose from - Australia hasn't made the start they hoped for and the best sons of G (Frankel and New Approach) aren't theirs.
Report truehoncho June 8, 2021 4:34 PM BST
You may be right A_T. I think the next big thing may come from another sire line.
Report A_T June 8, 2021 6:15 PM BST
Maybe Saxon Warrior. first top-class son of Deep Impact to stand in Europe?
Report truehoncho June 8, 2021 6:52 PM BST
He was a great looking racehorse so maybe. I know many don't like Wootton Bassett too much but I think he might be the real deal. I've never seen him in the flesh but his photo's look superb. What about the Scat Daddies and NNNs? Ten Sovereigns could be anything. We shall see, there is a lot to look forward to.
Report sageform June 11, 2021 12:14 PM BST
I seem to remember them winning the 1000 Guineas and the Oaks recently. I know that means broodmares, not future sires, but in my eyes, Coolmore success is coming from the mares as much as the sires.
Report brain dead jockeys June 15, 2021 12:16 AM BST
saddlers wells, danehill, galileo.......3 money printing machines. maybe they wont be lucky enough to get another one for 20 years.
Report sageform June 15, 2021 5:57 PM BST
Nice to see the traditional breeders among the Ascot winners. Bolger, Highclere Stud, Cheveley Park, Aga Khan, Mr and Mrs David Brown (Juan Alco) who, if they are the same people I once knew well, have been breeding for many years. Anyone know if it is David Brown, the England fast bowler and his wife Trish, whose father Alan Strange, won the Gold Cup with Four Ten? Also who knows who Homecroft Wealth Racing (Oxted) are? No wins yet for Coolmore, Juddmonte, Shadwell or Godolphin.
Report sageform June 15, 2021 6:11 PM BST
They are one and the same and still run Furnace Mill Stud in Warwickshire with their granddaughter. I have just rung David to congratulate them and he tells me they have a full brother foal!
Report brain dead jockeys June 16, 2021 12:04 AM BST
frankel has lot of individual g1 winners both no star yet who has won multiple proper group 1's......maybe only cracksman......but he is getting there. only a matter of time before he starts getting galileo ones who win 5 or 6 group 1's.
Report sageform July 10, 2021 5:08 PM BST
Galileo RIP. Now the sons have to step up and show which is the best. My money is on Frankel.
Report kincsem July 10, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Galileo dead is a terrible loss for Coolmore.
I suppose the sires list will still have a 1 to 10 but nothing like him on top.
Report A_T July 10, 2021 9:23 PM BST
Galileo RIP. Now the sons have to step up and show which is the best. My money is on Frankel.

Frankel would now seem to be the #1 stallion from the Northern Dancer sire line
Report brain dead jockeys July 10, 2021 11:38 PM BST
Frankel got another g1 winner this week. hes flying. coolmore have not bred many from him. they do have 3 more galileo crops.
Report truehoncho July 11, 2021 11:45 AM BST
I'm not sure it will be a son of G that will be the next big thing for Coolmore. It may be but I think it may come from one of his daughters in due time. Still however it turns out it is a big loss for everyone, he was a great stallion.
Report truehoncho September 9, 2021 1:00 PM BST
It seems a lot of people think it could be Wootton Bassett. Who could argue? He has done fantastically well this year and on the face of it looks like a good cross for all of their Galileo mares.
Report A_T September 10, 2021 9:15 AM BST
100000 euro looks pricey - wouldn't command that fee from any other stud
Report truehoncho September 10, 2021 2:41 PM BST
I see your point A_T but I think they may even put him up next year. 244 mares at 100k is £24m (probably 1/2 that in the end) so they may not be too worried about how they turn out!!!
Report gunslinger7 September 12, 2021 7:41 PM BST
He’s €100,000 to keep him mainly for the Coolmore mares and whoever else wants to stump up they will pick and choose the mares. He’s the outcross they needed fir all them Galileo mares.
Report truehoncho September 13, 2021 2:39 PM BST
It is always said that they need an outcross for their Galileo mares (and that is of course true), but what about all the mares that Galileo has been covering. Those are the ones that have produced the champions for them and they are the ones that they to get covered with G's replacement.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com