Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cacique
25 Jun 20 22:00
| Topic/replies: 701 | Blogger: cacique's blog
They cannot keep going with just sons of Galileo to offer.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 23
By:
workrider
When: 26 Jun 20 09:40
Why not. ?
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 26 Jun 20 14:50
They have substantially invested in the Scat Daddy line, with horses like No Nay Never, Caravaggio and Justify plus as a further alternative, American Pharoah.
By:
Wilycayote
When: 26 Jun 20 15:48
I can see Churchill being there next big classic sire

And one or more of Justify, No Nay Never, Caravaggio, Sioux Nation etc will carry on the Scat Daddy line for them.

Im a firm believer that had Scat Daddy lived until he was 20yo he'd have been as influential over the 5f-1m as Galileo is over 1m2f +
By:
NEVIS B
When: 27 Jun 20 15:03
Is NNN the most overhyped 6 figure stallion standing today?
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 27 Jun 20 18:46
Churchill I like, but I think Gleneagles, who has a real stallion's page, could be the one who steps up and replace his dad.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 27 Jun 20 18:47
NEVIS I hope not as I have a small share in a 2yo colt by him :-)
By:
Wilycayote
When: 28 Jun 20 20:52
my guess is they'll stuff galileo, keep him in his stable, and keep breeding from him out of the freezer for another 5 years!! haha

they must have a full time job selling on the endless number of 115ish rated Galileo colts that arnt sexy enough to stand themselves but could do a
little job somewhere.

i wonder how close to the break line the coolmore business model is. They cant sell many Galileo noms if they use most themselves
By:
cacique
When: 02 Jul 20 19:07
I think they make a killing on the €15/25k range stallion.
There would be no foal shares on them and every nomination would be for money.
Also their National Hunt's will make a nice earner.

But the pressure is on to find the next super stallion.

they have no Dubawi's, Shamardal's, Dark Angel's

Only one Invincible Spirit, Kingman , Montjeu , Dansili, Deep Impact

They mined Storm Cat to no success, mining War Front with not great results (US Navy Flag could prove me wrong).
By:
workrider
When: 03 Jul 20 16:58
Invincible Spirit, stands at the I.N.S. Coolmore do NOT own him...
By:
cacique
When: 03 Jul 20 18:48
I know they don't own Invincible Spirit.

They also don't own Kingman, but they stand Calyx.

Its been a long time since they stood a Wildenstien horse.... surprised they didn't got for Persian King before Sheikh MoMo got him
By:
Wilycayote
When: 04 Jul 20 10:18
"they mined storm cat to no success"

- Johanessburg
- Scat Daddy
- No Nay Never / Caravaggio / Justify
- Ten Sovereigns / Wichita

crickey cacique your tough to please!!!

i think the Storm Cat line is the building block with which coolmore will dominate the next generation of bloodstock
By:
truehoncho
When: 04 Jul 20 17:21
When Galileo retires, all those brilliant mares that go to him will go somewhere else. Then they will produce another superstar sire. No one is replacing Coolmore in the foreseeable future. No one is even going to come close because most of the other outfits are just born with money and employ similar types to run their business. Darley is a under performing outfit with trainers not fit to wipe AOB's boots.
By:
cacique
When: 04 Jul 20 18:46
@ Wilycayoote
Johanessburg was sold to Japan as a ~10 year old... they didn't have much faith in him, surely Scat Daddy caught them by surprise.

Look at all the other Storm Cats they had... I think disappointing for the money they spent
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 05 Jul 20 08:14
Giants Causeway and his sister, and arguably their best broodmare, You'resothrilling were pretty important too.
By:
cacique
When: 05 Jul 20 09:46
hmmm, I'm loosing this without grace.

Either way, be interesting to see who will take over from Coolmore

They cannot keep going forever
By:
truehoncho
When: 05 Jul 20 15:00
They will probably see me and you out Cacique Excited
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 06 Jul 20 09:24
The lads won't last forever, but it was noticeable that the younger generation were out in force at Epsom at the weekend (Paul Smith).

I guess its a tidy business for them, so they probably don't want to let go!

I remember when they almost bet the Farm on the Scat Daddy line (partly as their ND line outcross), someone pointed out that investing in North American bloodstock was how the business took off (ND himself was Canadian bred I think?).
By:
workrider
When: 06 Jul 20 13:34
BBC, Paul is at most of the big meeting here,in fact hes at some of the smaller ones too...
By:
cacique
When: 07 Jul 20 20:13

Jul 5, 2020 -- 10:00AM, truehoncho wrote:

They will probably see me and you out Cacique

True.

Be great to see a bit of competition though.....

Looking on them as purely an investment, my question to them would be "What is your plan to continue the domination once Galileo passes?"

By:
workrider
When: 07 Jul 20 22:17
Simple answer, His Sons....
By:
A_T
When: 08 Jul 20 14:10
after Galileo the best stallion in Ireland is Sea the Stars who they take no notice of whatsoever.
By:
truehoncho
When: 10 Jul 20 08:29
They will have a replacement without any worries. As I said all those mares producing classic winners for them wil keep doing so with G's successor. Its the mares that count.
By:
sageform
When: 27 Oct 20 19:44
Most of us will be six feet down before they lose their dominance in Ireland.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com