Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
05 May 20 13:52
| Topic/replies: 4,350 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
Not a horse I thought would go over hurdles.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 05 May 20 16:51
Not being a G3.6 Million yearling.  I'm sure they could have found a little job at stud for him given his pedigree?
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 05 May 20 16:53
Except of course, hes a gelding....ooops.....
By:
Wilycayote
When: 05 May 20 21:17
sadly there is not really such thing as "a little job at stud" anymore. there are just not enough mares and the "proper" stallions can cover too many mares per season.

the breeding landscape is a lot more boring because of it. The only thing that would help is if the world could agree on a mare cap per season. The Yanks were talking about 140 mare limit, which would improve the diversity of the stallions on offer no end and make the whole game healthier and more interesting.

dont think Mr Magnier would go for it tho!
By:
truehoncho
When: 06 May 20 09:54
I agree Wily. I was thinking more along the lines of him being 8yo and no form in 2 years just an honourable retirement.
By:
sageform
When: 08 May 20 09:08
Population geneticists would be horrified to see the low number of sires being used on the best mares which will almost certainly weaken the breed in the long run. Robert Sangster and others including the Head family in France worked that out when bringing over a lot of US breds and standing them at Stud after winning a lot of Group races. The Horses in Training from 1989 is dominated by horses with (USA) after their names. I was lucky enough to visit Gainesway in Kentucky when Riverman, Sharpen Up, Vaguely Noble and others were still active sires and were covering American mares.
By:
truehoncho
When: 08 May 20 10:24
Well Sageform as if to address their concerns the USA are now limiting books to 140 a year!!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com