Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
19 Apr 11 10:14
| Topic/replies: 4,857 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
I have purchased a cheap filly that i am looking for a last minute cover with. Is there much between these stallions?

I seem to remember Prima having a MB foal he was pleased with, is this still the case. Although I would look to sell on the the yearling I would put it in training if required. I suppose Captain Gerrard may come into the equation, does anyone have a view.
Pause Switch to Standard View misu bond/multiplex
Show More
Report RipVanWinkle April 19, 2011 1:23 PM BST
It depends what her conformation and pedigree is like. You would really be using Misu Bond and Multiplex(he's quite big so prob get a store) in there wrong years at stud because of the fact you would probably sell the resulting foal. Captain Gerrard offers cheap speed and was a good horse on the track i know a few that have used him and there delighted so out of those three he'd be my choice.
Report Prima Donna April 19, 2011 1:38 PM BST
Yes We do have a very nice yearling by Misu Bond. It is over in the UK with my daughter but last time I saw it,about 2 months ago, it was outstanding. Multiplex IMO will be a jump sire in a few years time (already covering jump mares) and like Rip Van says if you mare is big I would avoid him. Multiplex has a bit of a staying pedigree and Misu Bond is all about speed.Like Rip Van also said, both are in their wrong year so if you were selling you would need to take that into account. I would guess Misu Bond would be cheaper than Multiplex.As far as selling goes then Captain Gerrard might be a slightly less risky bet and he does have the Oasis Dream aspect to work for him.He is a lightly made horse though so you would need a good strong type of mare to go to him. NO hint of being light of bone or a bit narrow. Both of the others stamp their stock well, though Multiplex's can be big. Misu Bond gets them all like himself,very strong, even out of lighter mares.Something to consider with Misu Bond V Multiplex in their wrong year is that Misu Bond has his owner Reg Bond behind him, he has sent him his good mares and is racing some as well. He will continue to support the horse through his hard times as he has done with Monsieur Bond. Have you considered Monsieur Bond? Reg Bond has retained a small interest in Captain Gerrard as well.To sum up then, if your mare is a strong sort and you want to sell then I would go for Captain Gerrard, if she isn't or you would race it then I would choose Misu Bond over Multiplex.
Report truehoncho April 19, 2011 8:38 PM BST
thanks for taking the time to reply. You are right Prima, MB is half the price of Multiplex. I seem to be considering two different stallions than when i first posted, i.e Captain Gerrard and Monsieur Bond. Monsieur ond is certainly proven at this level and from his picture on the stud's website, looks a nice type.

My mare is a strong sort and I like Green Desert. Does anyone know how many mares CG got?

thanks again for all responses.
Report Prima Donna April 19, 2011 9:24 PM BST
105 I think.
Report truehoncho April 22, 2011 9:32 AM BST
Thanks PD.

I have just been looking at Mosieur Bond. He seems to have very good sales results for a stallion in this price range. My mare is a total outcross to him (no northen dancer at all) and I am leaning to him as the proven option.

if anyone has any experience with this stallions stock i would be very grateful.
Report Prima Donna April 22, 2011 10:34 AM BST
Good choice truehoncho,We have one going to him this year as we feel he offers tremendous value and he's done well,the ones of his I've seen I liked he gets good sorts that are strong and look racy.I think its a good idea when starting a mare off to use a proven sire esp' if you want to sell,Monsieur Bond fits the criteria at a very affordable fee trainers do like them I think he is going to fit into the slot of a sort of 'poor man's'Bahamian Bounty,I think he is going forward,he certainly is commercial.Well done Happy
Report Prima Donna April 22, 2011 10:43 AM BST
^^^he will have about 120 mares this year I understand 80 booked now and about 35/40 nom's waiting to be sent back and getting some good mares.
Report truehoncho April 23, 2011 2:34 PM BST
PD

I have agreed terms with Norton Grove Stud for Monsieur Bond. Thanks for your advice.

In reallity after you had pointed me in his direction and I looked up his details it was a bit of a no brainer. A bonus is he is only down the road from me (I'm in Scotland). A proven group 1 producing sire by DD for 3k has to be value.

Thanks again to yourself and RVW for the input.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com