Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
starspangledbanner
26 Sep 10 23:49
| Topic/replies: 927 | Blogger: starspangledbanner's blog
there all much of a muchness it seems,with LONG LIVE THE KING the latest to disappoint having been talked up as a potential superstar,last hope HUMPHREY BOGART possibly??though seville did look a promising sort yesterday
Pause Switch to Standard View has this season been the worst for...
Show More
Report Prima Donna September 27, 2010 6:45 AM BST
Not going so well for them this year is it?It goes like that from time to time,Holy Roman Emperor and Footstepsinthesand both look poor sires who have not helped this year at all.
Personally I would get rid of Johnny Murtagh he is a poor judge of pace imo,it will never happen but I'd bring K.Fallon back,much better always I reckon they would do better with him.
Report yer ma September 27, 2010 8:23 AM BST
Chequebook at the US breeze-up next spring for sure. Need to have a go with something like AP Indy / Pulpit / Smart Strike.  Had a few years to get over Storm Cat failure and need new blood, but what do I know
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 8:17 PM BST
yer ma can you clarify your "Storm Cat failure" because for me he is the US's saddlers wells.

has to be a failer as Coolmore goes and it cant just be down to the very bad winter in Tipp. AOB has admitted he messed up Jan Vermeer and got sendng CB to france wrong and lets not get started on SNA (going to Fundalk on friday hope to see him).

i disagree on fallon, he's as good as JM but Smullen has to be in the reckoning for the no1 job in european racing Dr. Weld is lucking to keep him (you have to see it playout Kinane left before)
Report starspangledbanner September 27, 2010 8:26 PM BST
hi dmck,do you know what the plans are for sna?im guessing its a crack at the breeders cup classic?
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 8:43 PM BST
dont even think he'll be at dundalk now, just saw the five day dec's and he's been left out again, i understood that the diamond was the long term plan as of july anyway. il eat my Conduit breeders cup hat if he isat any breeders cup race
Report starspangledbanner September 27, 2010 9:01 PM BST
you'd never know with o'brien,he does love the breeders cup!retirement beckons me thinks!
Report yer ma September 27, 2010 9:33 PM BST
DMCK - I said 'their' Storm Cat failure, not Storm Cat himself.  They tried (and the Iron Horse aside failed) to diversify via the Storm Cat line.  One Cool Cat, Statue of Liberty, Black Minnal, Hold That Tiger.  Only my opinion obviously.
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 9:48 PM BST
i just enjoyed a nice giggle their, Giants Causeway??? Check and mate
Report potentialmillionaire September 27, 2010 9:49 PM BST
I'm with you Yer ma, Storm Cat was a really good sire, but nothing like as dominant as Sadlers.

He wasn't particularly dominant over there let alone over here but his precocious offspring gave him artificial commercial dominance.
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 9:51 PM BST
sorry stars, i think a 4year old campaign with a similar campaign to **** this year but hopefully with the Dukes results of 08. breeder are very forgiving scores 3+ group ones in  a somewhat stylish fashion
Report starspangledbanner September 27, 2010 9:57 PM BST
the duke,now there was a proper horse who just loved a battle,who could ever forget his king george win where he just refused to be beat,albeit by the oul rogue papal bull!good memories
Report Prima Donna September 27, 2010 10:09 PM BST
You must have seen a different King George to me as from where I was standing the Duke was easily beaten only the fact the 2nd horse was a monkey gave the Duke the win.The Duke was very lucky as not facing real good horses over his 5 GR1 victory's.Good horse but not a great one at all.
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 10:10 PM BST
sheer brilliance thought i way buying money that day and it wasbnt till i rewatched the race later that i realised what a champ he was. felt AOB didnt do him justice by sending him to the arc after a very long season on ground that was never going to suit, i feel he should have been been rested for the BCC over his best trip (also and american jockey is Santa Anita would have really helped!)
Report Prima Donna September 27, 2010 10:14 PM BST
Its good we all have another view I don't share yours with this horse.
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 10:21 PM BST
ofcourse thats just my read on it, i will admit he never really went up against anything of real class ( new approach was just back from injury) but i think mayb it was by choice to avoid him while he was at his peak
Report yer ma September 27, 2010 10:33 PM BST
DMCK, have I missed a successful broadening from just SW and Danehill at Coolmore? Anyway - all about opinions, maybe they only want sons and grandsons of Danehill & SW on their roster and were just messing when spending $20m+ on Storm Cats in the early 2000s.
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 10:45 PM BST
if they spent 50million on Storm Cats to get just one GC it a success. no il conceed that they have far too much Danehill & SW but this game is a very tough one, you have to take success when it comes, when you look at SC best racing sons a good portion are Coolmore and yes none are on par with GC but well still need stallions that stand for 4000-14000 to keep actual racing competive. and i have actually said a few times how much i liked that JSB was broadening his stock he has so many SW sons covering his danehill mares
Report starspangledbanner September 27, 2010 10:45 PM BST
pd,name me a "good" horse who has 5 group 1s to his name,i never knew it was easy to win 5 group 1 races,is that what your saying??irrespective of the opposition!
Report DMCK September 27, 2010 10:51 PM BST
5 G1's on the trot one a month, STS and the Rock are the 2 who did it on the track. Stars a massive duke fan but he didnt face down that much in prince and in the Tattersalls Gold Cup finsceal is a filly (it does takea special filly to beat the boys in any G1) the best field he faced was in the KG and both himself and johnny were at their peak then
Report jmc27 September 27, 2010 11:05 PM BST
Bit harsh on the Duke imo after the Vintage he had the well documented fractures in his legs got the pins inserted during the off season so to run aswell as he did as a 3 year old is pretty impressive again imo, I have no doubt had this not happened at the time he would have been Champion miler at 3. The chat was always there about this lad at two so he was showing it aswell.
His Ganay win was pretty impressive imo
Report jmc27 September 27, 2010 11:15 PM BST
I would have to agree pretty cr@p bunch of two year olds.
I wouldnt write of Zoffany tho also I cant understand where all this hype seems to have come from for Long Live the King there is thread on ANtepost saying he is going to win the Derby wtf straight into the Pescatorio bin
Report Prima Donna September 28, 2010 6:14 AM BST
starspangledbanner     27 Sep 10 22:45 
pd,name me a "good" horse who has 5 group 1s to his name,i never knew it was easy to win 5 group 1 races,is that what your saying??irrespective of the opposition!

You know exactly what I am saying.
Report starspangledbanner October 3, 2010 5:01 PM BST
SEVILLE won very nicely today,maybe hes the "ONE"
Report DMCK October 3, 2010 6:44 PM BST
group1 in Paris today, which gives misty for me 2G1's,
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com