Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
West Coast Eagles
29 Jan 13 22:36
| Topic/replies: 44,557 | Blogger: West Coast Eagles's blog
4 games on today will be following the earlier game between Cleveland 2.22 v 1.81 Golden State. Havent seen both teams play that much, will watch a quarter or 2 before deciding to place a bet.
Pause Switch to Standard View NBA Tuesday 29/1/13
Show More
Report damfine January 29, 2013 11:15 PM GMT
i ahve a tip for the forum

i fancied milwaukee over det + 1.5 since line came out

now mil are favourites and read this

NBA - 503 Milwaukee Bucks @ 504 Detroit Pistons

Projected Line: Milwaukee by 3 points

Milwaukee is currently on their best moment of the season, no doubt about that! They have a healthy bench with Beno Udrih and Mike Dunleavy helping Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings, saving these two players for down the stretch. The Bucks have good depth and they are now playing on run and gun to outscore their opponents. However, the key for the success of this style has been Ersan Ilyasova, who has shot 10-14, 10-17, 11-21 and 7-17 FG on the team's last four games, while being also a rebounding force by grabbing 14, 16, 7 and 12 rebounds! With Ilyasova playing so well, Milwaukee is finally having a good offensive player on the frontcourt, giving more space to their dangerous backcourt. The Bucks's main problem on offense has been their spot up shooting, where they are the worst team in the league with 0.85 PPP, however they had 0.96 PPP on spot up shooting over the last 10 games and 1.13 PPP on their last four games! Milwaukee is being an elite team this season on pick and rolls by being #7 in the league in pick and roll ball handler and pick and roll roll man. On tonight's matchup against Detroit, they will have a clear edge for the Pistons's defense that is just #25 on pick and roll ball handler due to the fact that their big men are slow footed.

Detroit won the first two games of the season against Milwaukee, but it's only important to analyze the second game, as it was already with Jim Boylan coaching the team. Milwaukee was up by 49-41 on half time, but then they got outscored by 11-33 in the third quarter! I took Detroit in that game and the truth is that Milwaukee had no legs to compete in the second half, as they were playing their third game in four nights plus they were coming from a physical game against Chicago the night before:

"It's our third game in four nights. It seemed like our legs got a little heavy in the third quarter, and it was pretty evident by the fact that we missed a lot of open good looks that we had throughout the game," Boylan said. "Pretty much throughout the first quarter, I know that we had at least 10 that we missed that were good open shots that we have been making. So, our legs were a little heavy, and for us, like a lot of teams, when you're struggling offensively, it can bleed into other areas of your game, and it looked like that's what happened tonight."

By the way, Detroit had 3 days of rest prior to that spot, so they had a huge edge in terms of spot and they took advantage of that. In that game, coach Boylan tried some weird lineups in the frontcourt, including putting at the same time on the court Drew Gooden and Samuel Dalembert! The result of that was Larry Sanders playing just 19 minutes and thanks to that, Greg Monroe ended the game with 11-19 FG, 26 points and 11 rebounds! Now with Larry Sanders and Ersan Ilyasova being clearly the starting frontcourt of the team, the Bucks have a good interior defense, while allowing just 62% FG at the rim (#6 in the league). Detroit won't have the same nice matchup that they had in their last game against the shorthanded and undersized frontcourt of the Magic. With Detroit struggling in scoring near the basket, there will be a lot of pressure on their backcourt. Brandon Knight is coming from a great game against Orlando, but then again, the Magic are #26 on pick and rolls defense, while Milwaukee is #6!

This is a double revenge game for Milwaukee, who is currently on their best moment of the season. I expect them to outplay Detroit in here and therefore, I'll be taking the Bucks tonight.

theres your winner
Report damfine January 29, 2013 11:17 PM GMT
used to love det back in the day-rip,prince,billups etc

now i know them well--just cause they on a bit of form---means we getting a good price on milwaukee
Report West Coast Eagles January 29, 2013 11:20 PM GMT
Flip flop in odds for Cleveland and Golden State
Report ;[p January 29, 2013 11:46 PM GMT
curry bogut barnes may not start for gsw,but irving also may be out for cavs
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 29, 2013 11:47 PM GMT
Gone for a punt on overs in the GSW game.
Report ;[p January 29, 2013 11:48 PM GMT
irvin will play
Report ;[p January 29, 2013 11:52 PM GMT
going for clevland -1.5
Report Love the green January 29, 2013 11:54 PM GMT
Detroit Pistons meeting Milwaukee Bucks in one hard for predicting clash from NBA.Milwaukee(3 rd - Central) is 23-19 record team with 11-10 on the road against Detroit(4 th - Central) who is 17-27 record and 12-11 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.Detroit is favorite here,but i'll take the points for the Bucks.Milwaukee looking for revenge because 2 losing games against Detroit.Milwaukee coming of good game against strong western team Golden State,while Detroit won on the road against Orlando.Underdog is 7-3 ATS in the last 10 meetings.Bucks are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 vs. Eastern Conference.Bucks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games playing on 2 days rest.Pistons are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games playing on 1 days rest.Pistons are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.Small bet for Over the total here.Over is 3-1-1 in Pistons last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.Over is 4-0 in Bucks last 4 overall.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 29, 2013 11:55 PM GMT
Had to change to standard view to get this forum working :(
Report Blake84 January 30, 2013 12:03 AM GMT
Every time I go against Detroit at home they come out firing and take a ten point lead early. I'll watch the first before betting.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 12:04 AM GMT
Unders in Cleveland is 1.8s now! Fools.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 1:47 AM GMT
Statistically a 106:142 ratio of unders to overs in the GSW game, so not sure why unders is favourite now.
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 1:52 AM GMT
GSW will be not a bad side when Bogut and Lee are playing together i reckon
Report damfine January 30, 2013 2:06 AM GMT
1-0  milwaukee wins easy
Report numer0ne January 30, 2013 2:09 AM GMT
monumental meltdown
Report PDV January 30, 2013 2:11 AM GMT
Brandon Jennings 16, Pistons 14 in third quarter
Report Love the green January 30, 2013 2:13 AM GMT
do we lay lakers at the start or wait a bit?
Report numer0ne January 30, 2013 2:13 AM GMT
15pt lead to 29pt deficit in the space of about 20mins
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 2:15 AM GMT
listening to Doctor Jones- Aqua
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 2:15 AM GMT
Overs!
Report numer0ne January 30, 2013 2:16 AM GMT
lol
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 2:19 AM GMT
LA Lakers 1.29 v 4.30 New Orleans on later should be interesting
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 2:20 AM GMT
might be worth a little Lay on Lakers to get things started
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 2:20 AM GMT
listening to Aqua-Barbie Girl
Report damfine January 30, 2013 2:21 AM GMT
that overs was obviously fixed so that some wise men could middle it and win on both sides
defo

refs kept giving cle free throws at the end.
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 2:25 AM GMT
found a bit unusual with free throws, with under 1 minute to go......but u get that sometimes with some games
Report map January 30, 2013 2:32 AM GMT
anyone else having prolems it wont update for me on here
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 2:35 AM GMT
Same for me, map, dont know why, it must be something to do with their 'upgrade' earlier. I changed to standard view, as annoying as it is.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 2:39 AM GMT
The Detroit game is going overs from a low score at the start. That doesnt surprise me considering they are playing a bunch of fixers.
Report map January 30, 2013 2:44 AM GMT
ahh right ok im on standard view too now..changed from opera to chrome and was getting nowhere damn annoying
upgrades yet old issues / yhey make things worse

sounds like where i work..do the nerds do it on purpose so they have something to fix !? heh
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 2:53 AM GMT
Strange that there is a big difference between the two U/O lines on the LAL game, odds wise.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 2:54 AM GMT
I think it will be unders. LAL are more defensive than they were last season, and New Orleans on the road, when they play a team which is reputed to be high scoring, go defensive too.
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 3:00 AM GMT
im back
Report addrian January 30, 2013 3:21 AM GMT

Jan 29, 2013 -- 8:53PM, Srichaphan or Ancic? wrote:

Strange that there is a big difference between the two U/O lines on the LAL game, odds wise.

i find that very strange..tempted to back one and lay the other

Report BARNEY15C January 30, 2013 3:21 AM GMT
Hello, whats your opinions on the late game.

Having an acca 0n Lakers -8 / Overs 196.5
Report PDV January 30, 2013 3:27 AM GMT
Evening guys.

Barney, I too am tempted to back overs in the Lakers game. However, SoA has made a fair point regarding the unders. Plus, Lakers did well defensively against OKC. Will watch the first qtr and then decide
Report BARNEY15C January 30, 2013 3:37 AM GMT
good luck to us all - got a push on the -203 GS/CLE  when GS took a 3 while running down the clock  Angry
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 4:02 AM GMT
Unders in with a chance now that they scored just 2 pts in the final 2 mins of that quarter.
Report West Coast Eagles January 30, 2013 4:30 AM GMT
testing 1,2,3
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 4:31 AM GMT
The refs have got them just where they need to be. 50% chance of unders/overs, when they were way behind until all the free throws were given there.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 4:32 AM GMT
Starting to think its the officials, not the players, that are corrupt in NBA.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? January 30, 2013 4:33 AM GMT
Quite easy to blow the whistle after the shot than before it.
Report numer0ne January 30, 2013 5:35 AM GMT
hooray well done blazers Happy
Report numer0ne January 30, 2013 5:35 AM GMT
aldridge is giddy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com