Forums

Australian

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dooksy
03 Oct 16 03:48
| Topic/replies: 574 | Blogger: Dooksy's blog
It's with great regret that I inform the forum of the passing of Ziggy. Those around here in the mid to late 00's will remember him for his lethal dog punting ability and larger than life attitude to the game. A generous bloke who had a profound effect on so many lives be it through football or the punt. Gone to the race track/bookies ring in the sky too soon, RIP old mate.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 20
By:
eight ball
When: 03 Oct 16 04:43
Yeah
larger than life,was a reg on here in the early days of Betty.
Seeya Zig, We're all in the same queue just don't know how many in front of us pal.
By:
ICP
When: 03 Oct 16 05:09
I can only endorse and echo Dooks' comments. A great man to whom the Australian punter owes a great amount.  An inspiration to so many. I have nothing but fond memories of some wonderful evenings spent in his company in the pre licence days of betfair. The world is a worse place without him.
By:
Dooksy
When: 03 Oct 16 05:40
On a lighter note, a few cyclists and Green Spandex's garden chairs are breathing a little easier today...
By:
ICP
When: 03 Oct 16 06:24
Tru Dat !!!
By:
The_KAMIKAZEE_DRINKING_MACHINE
When: 03 Oct 16 07:44
I'm very sad to hear this. He can't have been very old. One of the all time great forumites. His stories are among the best things I've ever read on this forum.
By:
thorate
When: 03 Oct 16 07:51
RIP Ziggy
By:
spyvspy27
When: 03 Oct 16 10:02
Very sad to hear

RIP ZiggyT

Da Judge
By:
gunyah
When: 03 Oct 16 16:01
Ziggy was the best and a top bloke.
could tell a great story ol43
RIP
By:
Craig The Speculator
When: 05 Oct 16 13:50
sorry to read that - definitely RIP Ziggy
By:
wonby10
When: 06 Oct 16 03:15
Sad indeed. Never met him but he knew his dogs like the back of his hand.
By:
westozzie
When: 06 Oct 16 05:43
Just heard the sad news, a great dog man was Ziggy. Well respected forumite of a past time, and one of the members  of the "Forum Race Names Scandal" team - the ZIGGYTPUNTER Handicap.... RIP Zig
By:
Village Kid
When: 07 Oct 16 05:22
gutted, terribly sad news....in a forum full of pretenders he was the real deal and a true LEGEND

R.I.P. champ
By:
Yankee Uniform
When: 08 Oct 16 14:27
I never met Ziggy but used to love reading his posts and some of his great stories. Truly one of the great guys on the forum (as well as the best dog punter by far) so very sorry to hear of his passing - RIP.
By:
Lloydy Trots Man
When: 09 Oct 16 13:20
Champion Carlton Man,
We used to speak hours on the Phone on how we could help Carlton out.
Going to miss those Chats.
Legend of a Man
By:
henryluca
When: 10 Oct 16 00:59
“Live your life without ever having to ask, 'What if?”

RIP Mr Ziggy-fellow punter
By:
Dooksy
When: 10 Oct 16 05:44
True to his form, the cheeky coconut won 22k in his last 72 hours.
By:
Craig The Speculator
When: 02 Nov 16 09:43
Just saw a victorian greyhound called Ziggy Punter put up a huge performance to win at Ballarat.

Assuming it is named after this forum's Ziggy? - wondering the story behind the naming?
By:
wonby10
When: 02 Nov 16 13:39
https://fasttrack.grv.org.au/Dog/Details/1316500003
By:
Dooksy
When: 04 Nov 16 15:19
Spot on Craig. Zig, his son and yours truly own it, along with My Lilly (Ziggy's wifes name, he always wanted to hear the caller say "My Lilly is a itch with a b) and wosbagovich. He was lucky enough to see its first run at shep (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3zWFhI4vJE) a few days before he passed.
By:
Craig The Speculator
When: 05 Nov 16 13:48
thanks Doosky, a nice tribute and hopefully you have a lot of success with them
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel