Forums

Australian

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
d crtitic
08 Aug 12 06:52
| Topic/replies: 133 | Blogger: d crtitic's blog
i've noticed bet365 bets around 112% in most thoroughbred markets but most prices offered are just lower than betfair prices. does any body have an account with them and do they bar punters which have been banned with other corporates.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 101
By:
BJT
When: 08 Aug 12 07:18
Of course they do.
By:
Mister10
When: 08 Aug 12 08:19
Good Luck. They rely on Margin Maker software to identify punters that are 'uneconomical' and close their accounts, sometimes within hours.
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 08:23
If you have any clue whatsoever you will be on such heavy bet restrictions that you could bet and still buy a coffee with the change out of 4 bucks.
They use the UK/Irish model, same as the rest of the new scumbags. Same or similar model to sportsbet, ias, sportingbet, centrebet, unibet, the list is endless.
By:
d crtitic
When: 08 Aug 12 09:24
so it's a waste of time registering for an account.
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 12:11
If you only bet one or two codes, are in any way profitable or show you know what you're doing, hit any overs they wrongly post or basically do anything other than lose hand over fist it is a waste of time registering for an account.
By:
gardenstar
When: 08 Aug 12 14:02
Classic Snake Laugh Your statement should follow any advertisement promoting these jokers
By:
Brett Lee
When: 08 Aug 12 14:09
Most of the guys that I know were barred  within 3 weeks of opening an account with them.Well not quite barred just limited to bets of $16.
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 14:20
I just went to the webtsite live chat and posted this:

Darren, Hi
My name is XXXXX XXXXX and I just wanted it logged within your company that although I love your website, think it is possibly the best of its kind anywhere in the world, thought your pricing for AFL was competitive and would like to open an account with you, I was strongly advised not to bother because I have a clue what I am doing and might actually win on occasion, so I have decided not to bother. Cheers!
By:
Northbouy
When: 08 Aug 12 14:25
doubt he would believe your name was XXXXX XXXXX !
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 14:28
The conversation went further than I expected. I am still on with them. Wait for it!
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 14:39
Darren W has joined this chat.You are now chatting with Darren W.Darren W Hello, welcome to bet365 Live Chat. How may I help you?Darren W We have not heard from you. Do you wish to continue the chat?
Darren, Hi
My name is and I just wanted it logged within your company that although I love your website, think it is possibly the best of its kind anywhere in the world, thought your pricing for AFL was competitive and would like to open an account with you, I was strongly advised not to bother because I have a clue what I am doing and might actually win on occasion, so I have decided not to bother. Cheers!
Darren W Would you like to close your account?
I dont hold an account, was told not to bother opening one. that I would get banned inside of a week so anyway, my email address is. Anyone who wishes to discuss with me why me and a host of my friends won't hold an account can do so, or they can ring me on
Darren W One moment please.
But if I hear nothing I wont be surprised
Darren W I will be right with you.
I didnt wish to make your day a difficult one, but I really just wanted someone within your company to address the bad publicity you are currently getting
Darren W Please bare with me I am just looking into your comments now.
Darren W I will be unable to discus anyone else's account. Only one that may be held by yourself. All accounts are reviewed on an individual basis and this would be the case should you wish to open an account.
Darren W I will be happy to arrange for someone to call you if you wish to discuss opening an account.
I doubt very much they will want my business, but if they want to ring me I can tell them why.
Darren W Would you like me to arrange a call back for you?
Do you think it's something that would get us anywhere? Is this chat logged where someone will see it? If so, that was my aim. Have a great day Darren!
Darren W If we did call you we would only be able to discuss your account or opening one for you.
It's ok, you only want losers and I'm afraid I wont qualify but you enjoy working there, won't you
Darren W Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Well just answer is this is being logged where someone will see it
Darren W all chats are recorded.
refer it to one of your managers , thanks
By:
Joel
When: 08 Aug 12 14:52
Didn't you start to feel uncomfortable when he asked you to bare with him?
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 14:54
I reckon he was probably trying to get the attention of his manager or something. Who knows!
That was a long conversation. He obviously didnt know how to properly handle it.
By:
Northbouy
When: 08 Aug 12 14:57
I thought he handled it quite well, what do you want him to say?
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 14:59
No idea, I guess what he said. Total rhetoric, though, wouldn't you agree?
By:
Joel
When: 08 Aug 12 15:00
Bear with me maybe, bare with me means something totally different, and possibly gay
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 15:02
Well spotted, Joel. If you are a kid I'm a monkey. Seriously, there is no way you are a school kid, no chance at all.
By:
Northbouy
When: 08 Aug 12 15:06
you do come across as a pompous **** though, as in you know what they will do to your account before you even open it.
By:
Joel
When: 08 Aug 12 15:07
I can't confirm nor deny. It wasn't me who started this rumour anyway.
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 15:08
I dont come across as a pompous a$$, I AM a pompous a$$, but I wouldnt be the only PA they have on their books.

You think there would be any other result?
By:
Northbouy
When: 08 Aug 12 15:09
out of interest, does anyone like you on this forum?
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 15:10
What makes you think I care?
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 15:12
Who started the rumour, Joel?
By:
Northbouy
When: 08 Aug 12 15:13
whatever, I have races to bet on, just popped in to read all the aussie seething.  I see you have some of your own on this topic.
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 15:14
Yeah, as if you can tell seething from a post on a forum Laugh
By:
Joel
When: 08 Aug 12 15:15
I dont know, probably that doubleagent clown
By:
Northbouy
When: 08 Aug 12 15:15
easy to spot
By:
CrazySnake
When: 08 Aug 12 15:39
Easier to spot you and what you are Wink
By:
Pounf
When: 08 Aug 12 21:14
Everybody is waiting for the bookie that opens up and takes on everybody for anything on any sport.
Why hasnt that happened yet ? It seems an obvious ploy to get business.
By:
CrazySnake
When: 09 Aug 12 03:58
Tom Waterhouse claims to do it, but he's just another slimy Waterhouse with an agenda that doesnt include the likes of me.
Nobody's going to do it because they know the traders will just eat 'em.
By:
spyvspy27
When: 09 Aug 12 04:01
I like you Mr Snake, and before you get on your high horse Mrs clever, no not in that way
By:
CrazySnake
When: 09 Aug 12 04:10
Back at ya, spy. My opinions are pompous and controversial at times, but this is a forum and without opinions and healthy debate it's just a collection of blogs.
By:
nickw
When: 09 Aug 12 04:41
i have found bet365 better than bookmaker.com
at least bet365 wait for you to win something before they restrict you unlike bookmaker.com
By:
CrazySnake
When: 09 Aug 12 04:48
It's a sad state of affairs when you have to compare bookmakers by least objectionable, rather than by customer service or prices, or some other objective means.
By:
betting to win
When: 09 Aug 12 04:57
Bet365 are pointless. Obviously looking for the worst of mug punters only. They closed me on the same day I opened after 1 bet. Maybe they didn't like my username?
By:
CrazySnake
When: 09 Aug 12 04:59
Maybe you should have gone with "Betting to lose"
By:
spyvspy27
When: 09 Aug 12 05:02
No one here would run a corp much differently to the way they're being run imo

Say you're in charge and punter X is winning or seems to know what he is doing, punter Y doesn't seem to show much skill, which one would you let on for more? If they keep letting punters like X on, their business will struggle to survive.

As unsavoury as it is to those of you that are restricted, thats just the way it is and no amount of complaining or emailing will change a thing
By:
betting to win
When: 09 Aug 12 05:11
Spy, Would have to be changed at regulator level. I think the argument is that they can offer what is seemingly very attractive but then only allow a certain type of customer to close a sale. Would David Jones be able to advertise an item at less than cost price but only sell it to people who buy their more profitable items as well?
By:
nickw
When: 09 Aug 12 05:12
i see what your saying spy but dont agree 100%
what wrong with a taking reasonable bet of the  winning punter and maybe using that information to your advantage for the rest of time you are betting on that market??
i dont think anybody expects them  to take monster bets of someone that MAY win of them but you expect better than to win these small amounts

there is  a such a large gap to the way your account is treated if you flagged compared to unflagged
i think everybody just wants some medium ground
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com