Forums

Australian

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
doubleagent
03 Feb 12 09:51
| Topic/replies: 6,038 | Blogger: doubleagent's blog
Tell me your Horror stories!!!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 101
By:
Kye
When: 03 Feb 12 10:22
Public service job. So boring it drives you insane, pays crap, everyone there whinges & if there is any work to do i have to do it b/c the rest are so fkn lazy. Been there 25 years.
By:
doubleagent
When: 03 Feb 12 10:32
I sympathise Kye but I'd be surprised if someone couldn't top that.
By:
Monday mike
When: 03 Feb 12 10:33
Worst Job.???? Early teens about 16, got only head Job, girl next door same age, you guessed it.  She had bracesTongue Out.  Not a pleasant experiance.
By:
lazza
When: 03 Feb 12 10:36
Used to jig school and shovel chook sh1t ...used to load an 8ton tipper and get $25 cool!
By:
doubleagent
When: 03 Feb 12 10:39
8 ton of shovelling? FKH hell!
By:
doubleagent
When: 03 Feb 12 11:24
You guys have got nothing on Megsy. He used to work in brothels sucking the gizz out of used condoms so they could use 'em again!
By:
nickw
When: 03 Feb 12 12:26
Job???

that is a dirty word DA
By:
whoopi
When: 03 Feb 12 21:27
shovelling manure walking behind trotters at Harold Park.
By:
logroller
When: 04 Feb 12 02:57
fck me were do i start. the most mind numbing job was a p00f stuffer very early in the working life (think they call them ottamans now) later tried strawberry picking , well wasnt that a pain in the back, then pear ring picking in the fruit areas of victoria and nswwork all week for wages board and lodging and cleared 18$, then to British Columbia and tried a stint as a lumberjack (thus the name loggroller), fck me was that a tough gig, lost a few digits, so couldn't return to the p00f stuffin job, then settled in the gambling game and found it the hardest of the lot and most stressful....... but hey its been a good life thus far
By:
therhino
When: 04 Feb 12 03:43
Telemarketing. Lasted 2 weeks cos I was desperate for the pay check. Quit in the middle of the day, never said a word to anyone, just put my jacket on and walked out. Never even called to say I was quitting. 8 hours a day of people telling you to go f&ck yourself. Horrible.

Was also a bouncer for quite a few years, again, people telling you to go f&ck yourself, but at least you don't have to just stand there and take it in that job.
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 07:18
Back when things were tough and jobs were hard to come by, I finally found a job after searching for 74 years and 3.5 months. I was employed  sweeping all the sand off Cronulla Beach ... and putting it back in the ocean ... my my shifts were 27 hours long, and I had to do it 365 days a year. I looked forward to leap years very much, but I lived in London and spent most of my day off commuting ...
By:
BurningSpear
When: 04 Feb 12 07:26
That sounds a tough gig TQ. I hope things pick up for you.

Rhino - I love a man who just gets up and walks out.That's the way to do it.

Logroller - $18??? When was that-1946?
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 07:29
The only thing that kept me going was the knowledge that some had it much tougher ....
By:
whoopi
When: 04 Feb 12 07:57
that's gold T.Q!!!
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 08:04
... well if any of you had an ounce of humour in you you'd continue and tell me how easy I had it ... but of course I guess that's too much to ask on a forum full of deadly-serious people that don't have an ounce of humour between them.

That's why I decided to get banned from this forum of course.
By:
Thebas
When: 04 Feb 12 08:06
That's why I decided to get banned from this forum of course.

which time  Wink
By:
Joel
When: 04 Feb 12 08:07
hehehe
By:
whoopi
When: 04 Feb 12 08:09
Sorry. That's way too much effort required after a long day on the punt. Did give me a chuckle though if that makes you feel any better.
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 08:10
... actually I was a paper b ... b .... bitch in my early teens, riding my pushbike around the streets of Jannali. I only did it for about 4 weeks, hated it, in summer getting newspaper print all over my pretty little face ...

... but I remember doing something funny ... the fat kid in school came out of his uncle's house to buy the Sun or Mirror. Both were 15 cents at the time. I told him that which ever paper it was that he wanted had gone up to sixteen cents, he had to go back inside and get another cent. I gave him the paper and then peddled off ... a bit further down the road I hear an aggressive voice behind me, it was his Dad attacking me for playing a joke on the kid who always had jokes played on him, his son. I had to give the cent back ... Laugh
By:
BurningSpear
When: 04 Feb 12 08:14
You're not supposed to rub the newspapers all over your face. Very unprofessional.
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 08:19
I used to sell papers to the other Bill Collins ... of television and movie review fame ...
By:
BurningSpear
When: 04 Feb 12 08:25
Did he ever invite you inside to watch gladiator movies?
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 08:26
lol ... no ...
By:
Joel
When: 04 Feb 12 08:40
He was a good race caller too, they used to call him the accurate one, and I feel this trait has carried over to his movie reviews too.
By:
therhino
When: 04 Feb 12 09:45
I had a paper round as well. 6 days a week, Mon-Sat, up at 5am, home at 7.30am to get ready for school, $20 per week. Working it out now the hourly rate was about $1.30ish... Wouldn't change it for anything though, on Saturdays when I had that $20 note, I was king.
By:
Barney The Bot Slayer
When: 04 Feb 12 09:51
Fluff Girl.

had a sore jaw at the end of every shift
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 09:59
ha ha ha Barney ... I forgot they were called that ...
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 10:05
Type fluff girl in Google, scroll to the 6th ... interview with fluff girl ... I'm not posting the link ... I'm sick of being banned ... Whoops
By:
Barney The Bot Slayer
When: 04 Feb 12 10:24
I forgot how much fun it wasBlush
By:
Teen..Queen
When: 04 Feb 12 10:26
why be embarrassed Barney ... we should all be doing things that we like doing ... Wink
By:
doubleagent
When: 05 Feb 12 09:51
I s'pose Loggy is the leader so far. FFS what a bunch of soft Farks. Just thinking about getting a job is enough to send forumites into hyperventilation.
By:
logroller
When: 05 Feb 12 10:54
u suppose........ffs by the length of the straight
By:
VeryLTU
When: 05 Feb 12 12:41
ahem.

Drawing a deep breath before i admit this. I once had a job.
Ok so that's over, now for the story.

A Very young very, ripped, handsome, mind bogglingly clever and eager to make a difference to the world. A sort of super hero young eager beaver ready to make fkn sh...loads of money for lazza's faceless men Wink ..... signed the secrets act and various other official looking documents that he couldn't give a sh..t about and started out doing some research for the govt.
Within a short period of time the middle management type that employed him became way too friendly. Leaving his chin ever so close to young very's shoulder as he scrutinised very's work from close quarters. Sometimes visiting four or five times a day and occasionally leaving certain scent markers before he left. Startled by the first experience of this type of human i pressed on with my job although starting to look for other options. The final straw came when the middle manager, who obviously couldn't convince himself that young very was straight, and clinging to some sort of mindless hope began informing young very about when his next visit to the toilet would be. Very waited for the opportunity to be unheard and alone with said manager ... and some violence and threats were made sharply.
Very was transferred to another dept. within a week.
The new job was interesting but once again the same thing started happening from the dept. manager (a family man wife and three kids)... poor very finding himself alone with the boss would discover aforementioned scent markers coupled with knowing cheesy grins and head wobbling nudge nudge type behaviour. That boss was given a non violent indication of very's exclusive heterosexuality and nothing further happened..... until.... a new supervisor came into the dept. Openly gay, always talking about mardi gras, his pink ten gallon hat and all his friends from the gay bars. Guess what happened.... yep, onto very like a seagull on a piece of hot fat. This job involved plenty of night work and it was almost immediate that the scent markers started again and poor garth was like a moth in a bright light. His close personal attention to every single fkn thing that i did during my work became too much.. his chin on the shoulder was accompanied by lots of cooing and sighing... ffs this time i put in for the transfer. He was such a nice guy i didn't feel like burying him.
Young very started in yet another dept. All was going well fermentting biological warfare germs .... until the day young very was alone, so he thought, behind a fermenter and opening a sterilising steam valve. Kwang a fellow production operator appeared, he was alos a married man and with one child. He had a strange look on his face that i hadn't seen before. He was squinting a bit and had another one of those really big cheesy grins on his face as he declared that he would love to lick my ba.lls. I COULDN'T ****I.G BELIEVE IT. I'd been angry before in my life and been in one or two dust ups at school etc. etc. but this time i was fkn mad. Kwang found himself jammed between a thousand litre fermenter and a brick wall with blood streaming out of his hooter. Very walked out to the car park and never returned and has never worked as much as ten minutes since.
By:
lazza
When: 05 Feb 12 21:37
That's an amazing story Very!..and I feel for you being violated like that ..I would have done the same I'm sure..you need some more hair on your back LaughLaughLaugh ...I remember a friend of mine..telling me about the NSW Rail..and to get anywhere in that industry you had to be a mason?...Crazy
By:
whoopi
When: 05 Feb 12 22:03
very.... 3 times....really?....methinks you may be sending out signals you're not aware of. Yes Lazza. Hairy back works a treat!
By:
VeryLTU
When: 06 Feb 12 04:57
that was four times whoopi and i forgot to mention a part time job i had whilst still at high school. It happened there as well. It's amazing how many double identities are out there just waiting for what they think is the right opportunity. Teenyqueen can tell you all about it. The signal to them was that they thought i didn't have a gf and being reasonably good looking... there had to be a reason WinkWink. I was v. quiet about that sort of thing because the reality was i was juggling two or three girls at any one time... and fending off/accepting other fem. advances at my one and only workplace. Young very was loving it but realised how carefull you have to be to keep it rolling. Have you ever driven into your driveway with gf no.3 and suddenly realised gf no.2 is inside vacuuming the carpet...ffs it was hard when i was young.
By:
VeryLTU
When: 06 Feb 12 05:07
hey lazza, i could have been a great worker and made plenty for the faceless men..... how sad it didn't work out that way LaughLaugh
By:
lazza
When: 06 Feb 12 05:14
You still might be able too...if the yankee dollar loses it's value and get's dropped as the World's currency wholly sh1t look out...They tell me FEMA is looking for some workers lol....mean while I'll be headn for the hills Laugh
By:
VeryLTU
When: 06 Feb 12 05:21
they'll never get my dole cheque or personal property.

ps: you could be right with that, already iran (unbombed) is asking for crude contracts to be signed in won ton noodles.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com