Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Darlo Bantam
26 Mar 18 23:25
| Topic/replies: 25,617 | Blogger: Darlo Bantam's blog
Suddenly re-settled about 2 hours after the race. Anyone else noticed? Or any ideas why?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View R2 Turf Paradise (26-3-18)
Show More
Report Darlo Bantam March 27, 2018 4:53 PM BST
Been re-re-settled back to the original settlement another 12 hours later. It's like someone is making it up as they go along.
Report Martin Chuzzlewit March 28, 2018 12:40 AM BST
Horse number 5 was a late scratch, it's reduction factor was 16.4% but when they withdrew it they erroneously put it at 1%. The market manipulators were at play as they forced it out to 1000.0 from 10.0, presumably this caused the error. The market has now been settled with the correct reduction factor (16.4%) applied.
Report Darlo Bantam March 28, 2018 6:32 PM BST
Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.
Report NBK March 28, 2018 9:36 PM BST
BF paid out on R1 at Turf - 10 secs later objection
Report Martin Chuzzlewit March 28, 2018 11:41 PM BST
No probs, Darlo. It was actually me who highlighted the error to Betfair, I'd layed the fav at 1.47 knowing that this would become 1.23 when the 5 horse was taken out, so I was not best pleased when just 1% was applied! Even worse was that the fav was now trading at around 1.36 so I had to get out at a loss. Hope the recalculation didn't cost you but it was the correct result.

NBK - it's getting ridiculous now, Betfair seem to be holding their own little competition as to how fast they can settle a market, they don't seem to care that some of us like to look at the graphs after the race to see what prices the winner and losers traded at.
Report Darlo Bantam March 30, 2018 11:49 PM BST
No. My money was in-running so the reduction changed nothing as far as I was concerned. That's was totally confused me about the re-settlement. It first looked like they'd decided to void something for some reason.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now