Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sheetfacedagen
22 Apr 17 23:46
| Topic/replies: 17 | Blogger: Sheetfacedagen's blog
Betfair quite clearly states on UK racing that " Betting will be suspended at the end of the race. Should there be a very close finish, a photo finish declared, a Stewards Enquiry or an Objection called the market may be re-opened with unmatched bets (again with the exception of bets for which the "keep" option has been selected) cancelled. The market will then be suspended when this result is announced." 

They say on US racing "THIS MARKET WILL BE TURNED IN PLAY at the off with all unmatched bets cancelled. Betting will only be suspended when the first horse has crossed the line"

And yet, the betting on the 11pm race at Penn National, didn't suspend after they crossed the line - and though I thought none of my bets I placed after the race had finished would stand - they all did.  I've been stitched up like a kipper.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View I've Been Robbed.
Show More
Report Dav_vin03 April 23, 2017 8:30 PM BST
have you complained?
Report Sheetfacedagen April 23, 2017 10:59 PM BST
They've seen sense and refunded me
Report HarmonicaPhil April 26, 2017 8:11 PM BST
My problem is also with US Racing but in my case in relation to a bet placed on the Tote via betfair
I had a winning trifecta on 11/04/17 which has been deemed a losing bet on my betfair account
Betfair say they are querying this with their" third party provider"
Has anyone else ever had a similiar problem? and by third party provider do they mean the US Tote itself?
Report G -man June 11, 2017 8:16 PM BST
Whatever the case may be----if you could place bets as they crossed the finish line, how in the heck did you make wagers that were losers----what a TOBY.....at least bet on the inner.....my god man
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now