Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
traicue
15 May 18 19:24
| Topic/replies: 241 | Blogger: traicue's blog
As Nadal won the French Open in 2017..he is the favorite this year. And as some players are coming back from injury, this could be why is a hot fav to take the title. As he also won the Barcelona Open this year. I think it won't be that easy to take the French Open title for him. I expect volatility in the odds so I myself am going to lay Nadal on the exchange. Looking forward to comments on this...
Share |

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 11
By:
mesmerised
When: 15 May 18 19:51
Federer wont be there, fears Nadal too much.
Wawrinka has just come back from injury
Djokovic has very little form and is a shadow of his former self.
Zverev matches up very poorly v Nadal on clay as seen recently and at MC last year.

Only realistic chance for him even losing a set, let alone losing, would be to Thiem, who has proven in the best of two sets he can live with him, but as we saw at the French last year, couldn't in 3, Thiem's sledghammer tennis tires himself out by the latter stages, as per FO2017.

Only injury can beat Nadal.
By:
wisewords
When: 15 May 18 19:55
I suggest backing Nadal on a match by match basis. He should win this tournament.
By:
traicue
When: 18 May 18 15:31
will see.
By:
traicue
When: 18 May 18 15:41
Grin
By:
traicue
When: 18 May 18 15:50
Lay the favorite, is the strategy for me...here..
By:
detraveller
When: 18 May 18 19:10
Back Thiem and Zverev in the outright.

Enjoy the show when Nadal crashes out due to injury.
By:
Platini
When: 18 May 18 20:09
Rafa def not as strong as last year, but still too strong for this bang average field. Who can threaten him over 5 sets?

I had some hope for Them this year bur he hasn't improved at all this season - can't even beat Zverev FFS. 

Agree with WW, just back Rafa game to game, and jump on inflated odds if he ever goes behind during a match.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 19 May 18 16:09
thiem has a better chance to win this year i think.

went very well last year. think rafa could have a psychological slump after getting to ten, an important milestone which would open it up for the austrian.
By:
n88uk
When: 20 May 18 22:34
Thiem is playing much worse than last year.

There's a real limited number of players who are even likely to trouble Nadal.

Honestly strongly expect Nadal vs Zverev final.

I would guess you will end up better off just laying Nadal against the few players who could pose a threat to him in latter stages than laying him outright. Laying him outright runs risk of if draw falls apart which it could he will just be sub 1.1 every match and train to the title. He will have to be in so much trouble in early rounds for his price to significantly move when he will be like sub 1.03 probably for the first 4 rounds unless Djokovic is in his section. The only way I can see him drifting early is if an injury doubt comes up, but the others are far, far more likely to flop out early and his price significantly shorten than Nadal himself go out early.
By:
n88uk
When: 20 May 18 22:35
Nadal will only definitely be above 1.1 for sure vs Djokovic and Zverev, might be vs Thiem too depending on form guide, but he'll probs only have to play 1 max to actually win the title.
By:
mesmerised
When: 20 May 18 23:12
Best of concentrating on the women's side imo.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now