Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Platini
26 Jan 18 19:14
| Topic/replies: 18,431 | Blogger: Platini's blog
Battle of the Bottlers ?
Chokers Championship ?

hard to call this one or find an angle. we know there will be a bucket load of breaks. Is there a market for that ?
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Aus Open - Ladies final
Show More
Report lewisham ranger January 26, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
woz will win.
Report mesmerised January 27, 2018 12:06 AM GMT
Would say Halep in 3, but too close to call. It's a miracle she's even here having saved 5 match points along the way, don't remember when a player last got to a final having saved that many.

A number 1 ranking / first grand slam on the line for both players, potential new mega endorsements, increased status, history, memories, losing the chokers tag, last chance before Serena comes back....no pressure.

Woz is getting more free points on an improved service motion these days which is what you would need against a relentless road runner like Simona. Halep is mentally stronger than she was v Ostapenko last year where her passiveness cost her the title in contrast to Penko's kitchen sink approach. Whoever loses will not get over it for a long time anyway.
Report n88uk January 27, 2018 12:37 AM GMT
If anyone's the road runner here Mes it's Woz, if it comes a battle of stamina, Woz will win.

On form Halep has been the better player, but not for me at prices, Halep was awful vs Woz just a few months ago, even if it's a different Halep here, plus do I really trust Halep to get over the line even if she's in a position to win, not really. Therefore just a massive no bet for me.

You can't truly judge whether she's better mentally either really. Not a lot since that RG has suggested otherwise apart from a few matches here, which really isn't much to go on. Even vs Kerber she basically choked vs a played who was out on their feet before coming back in the door.
Report mesmerised January 27, 2018 12:52 AM GMT
Halep is not a Road runner? she does nothing but run and chase down everything.

I'm judging her mental state on this slam not 2017, she looks and plays much more positive. Tie's in with the sheer amount of time she's referenced Cahill telling her to be more 'courageous' and 'brave'.
Report n88uk January 27, 2018 12:54 AM GMT
She is, but in this match Woz is more likely to be on the run more.

Problem with the second part is we've seen it all before followed by a no show.
Report mesmerised January 27, 2018 1:01 AM GMT
Somehow I don't think she's going to allow herself to bottle it this time, too experienced now.

But the point about Halep running a lot in the first post wasn't even about who runs more between them anyway, it was in relation to the fact that Wozniacki's improved serving will need to be on because she's facing someone who gets everything back.
Report appformat January 27, 2018 8:16 AM GMT
Wozzie is a fair price at 5/4 imo
Report The Bhoys January 27, 2018 10:16 PM GMT
Great game with plenty of chokes and injurys
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now