Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dlarssonf
02 Jan 18 14:35
| Topic/replies: 10,765 | Blogger: dlarssonf's blog
Could we be seeing the end of his career?? Not looking good for him with this hip issue
Share |
Show More
Report wisewords January 2, 2018 2:44 PM GMT
yeah it's a very real fear. I hope he can get over it somehow Sad
Report dlarssonf January 2, 2018 2:47 PM GMT
Yeah it would be sad for him to be finished like that wisewords - but yeah I think myself it's not looking great
Report wisewords January 2, 2018 2:52 PM GMT
He might need a hip replacement?
Report dlarssonf January 2, 2018 3:01 PM GMT
Yeah and if he does that's probably the end!!
Report n88uk January 3, 2018 3:05 AM GMT
How long would surgery actually keep him out for? It's not sounding good right now for him to get back to the top level really, I mean hip surgery will surely rule him out of most if not all of 2018?
Report wisewords January 3, 2018 3:38 AM GMT
Not looking good for Andy, is it? Scared
Report dlarssonf January 3, 2018 8:35 AM GMT
Probably looking at around six months with surgery and that's just to be able to train extensively again but the big issue is if you are going down the surgery route on your hips your days as an elite athlete are more than likely over ,like with most things its a guessing game I suppose Plain
Report northanlite January 4, 2018 9:00 AM GMT
So out the Aussie open & looks like he may have to go down the surgery route which potentially means missing the whole season.
It will be be very tough for him to get back to the level of consistency he once had but if he makes it back he could still get
results on certain surfaces. Having to go for his shots might actually be beneficial to his game. We've seen he has the weapons
just doesn't seem to come naturally to use them. He might still have a decent run at Wimbledon in him.
At least he managed to scrape a living from the game while he was playing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now