Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
14 Nov 17 17:28
| Topic/replies: 20,853 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
Hingis, Kvitova, Vaidišová, not lookers particularly but still, punched above his weight his whole career and commands respect, Redek, we salute you.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Show your appreciation for the...
Show More
Report wisewords November 14, 2017 6:25 PM GMT
Radek*
Report wisewords November 14, 2017 6:25 PM GMT
and I salute him.
Report mesmerised November 14, 2017 6:29 PM GMT
Radek Stepanek announces retirement from tennis

Together with Tomas Berdych, Stepanek led the Czech Republic to Davis Cup titles in 2012 and 2013, becoming the first player to win two decisive fifth rubbers in consecutive Davis Cup finals.

I have decided to end my career. I took a broader look at my life and found out I'd hate to risk my health.

Radek Stepanek
The 38-year-old also won two Grand Slam doubles titles as well as five ATP singles titles, reaching a career-high of eighth in the singles rankings in 2006.

But Stepanek has also struggled with injury problems during his career and in the spring underwent lumbar spine surgery following his last appearance on the court at the Australian Open.

"I knew a tennis career was limited, but I wanted it to last as long as possible," he said. "I have fought until my last breath but it's time to go now.

"I've had some hard time in the year since the surgery.

"I have decided to end my career. I took a broader look at my life and found out I'd hate to risk my health."
Report caramba November 16, 2017 2:41 PM GMT
signed.
Report Platini November 18, 2017 8:57 PM GMT
is he off to stud ?   Laugh
Report Hank Hill November 18, 2017 10:27 PM GMT
Going to coach Djok with Agassi right?
Report thepunter November 18, 2017 11:12 PM GMT
Thanks for the memories, alien worm !
Report mesmerised November 18, 2017 11:34 PM GMT
Rumour has it, in the locker room people try not to get to close to him in case they trip over his 3rd leg, which explains a lot. One ugly bar steward if we're being honest, but as Ron Jeremy proved, you can fall through every branch of the ugly tree but if you're packing, you're pulling all sorts, kind regards.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now