Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 2 people viewing this thread.
aaronh
13 Oct 17 18:30
| Topic/replies: 240,694 | Blogger: aaronh's blog
Happy
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View It's time for S/OT 6
Show More
Report tof September 24, 2018 10:50 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 10:35PM, wisewords wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45632583for aaron, tof and dk

Love awsum ... !! bet Donald asked why an American kid woz not chosen ... all those Asian children including her shud have got down on a knee ...

Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:01 PM BST
oh man, they just ended the show as someone just met one of the catfishes
Report wisewords September 24, 2018 11:10 PM BST
what is this show exactly?
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:11 PM BST
Aaron as someone more in touch with this. What % of guff is this post?

https://www.tennisforum.com/80796071-post3390.html
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:12 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:10PM, wisewords wrote:

what is this show exactly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_(TV_series)

I guess Big Brother meets Social Media

Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:13 PM BST
can't remember my username, can you copy the post
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:13 PM BST
You need to login to read posts now?
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:14 PM BST
asking me to for that one
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:14 PM BST
It's the luvvies in London where Labour would pick up votes and blatantly flouting the promise Cameron made that the vote in the referendum would be respected and not reversed by a second referendum. If you go outside London - it's different and if you look at the constituencies - Labour could lose 19 seats since traditional working class Labour voters voted to leave. Aggravated by the way the Remoaners have carried on - then what has been happening is that the people who actually voted to Leave have become much much more hardened than when they voted. Any small swing in Opinion Polls is going to be from people who didn't vote.

Corbyn is a life long opponent of the EU but unlike MPs like the left wing Dennis Skinner who has stuck by his principles - Corbyn has been playing politics and become an opportunist and more cynical. But for Corbyn to completely betray core working class voters who voted to leave and support a second referendum that could reverse the first one would seriously risk losing seats if he wanted to cynically abandon his beliefs and play politics.

Links 2 articles:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-party-conference-remain-leave-brexit-second-referendum-voters-a8551491.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1021087/brexit-news-jeremy-corbyn-labour-marginal-constituencies-global-britain-brexit-poll

Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:15 PM BST
https://www.tennisforum.com/290-chat-threads/1105921-brexit-referendum-23-06-16-a-226.html

If you go there and just scroll to the bottom post does it work (ie. not linking directly to the post).
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:16 PM BST
maybe that board is login only or whatever
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:17 PM BST
Yes there are certain forums that are hidden publicly, I was not aware non-tennis is one of them though. I know like Sharapova's, Serena's sub-forum are.
Report wisewords September 24, 2018 11:17 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:12PM, aaronh wrote:

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:10PM, wisewords wrote:what is this show exactly?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_(TV_series)I guess Big Brother meets Social Media

is this on daily or weekly?

Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:18 PM BST
The thing with what the Independent says about Labour sticking to their principles, but if that doesn't win them an election what does it achieve?
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:18 PM BST
daily, aside from saturday maybe
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:20 PM BST
Traditional Lib Dem voters who are keen to stop Brexit may vote Labour through gritted teeth to get a second referendum, but the party can’t bank on them coming back to Labour afterwards, and nor should the party be especially concerned about that.

I mean that is basically me, though I'm not really a traditional lib dem voter, but I'd likely vote Labour looking to vote them out straight after, basically just a strategic vote to get rid of current government. Though getting in at all is better than not getting in.
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:21 PM BST
There are points that person made I am sceptical of, but can't actually prove. I'm sceptical leavers are all more hardened now. The hardcore Farage types are, but those on the fringes, which are the all important ones I'm not convinced. I can't prove that though with knowing 0 leavers to know if opinion has really changed.
Report wisewords September 24, 2018 11:22 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:18PM, aaronh wrote:

daily, aside from saturday maybe

same time everyday?

Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:22 PM BST
think so
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:22 PM BST
If you go outside London - it's different and if you look at the constituencies - Labour could lose 19 seats since traditional working class Labour voters voted to leave.

without having the numbers, I'd still doubt this. their leads in many of these places are that substantial that losing some of these voters won't make a dent and these people are still not gonna vote Tory anyway.

Aggravated by the way the Remoaners have carried on - then what has been happening is that the people who actually voted to Leave have become much much more hardened than when they voted. Any small swing in Opinion Polls is going to be from people who didn't vote.

the use of the word Remoaner pretty much means this person is a mug for sure. most people don't care or aren't listening to muggy FBPE types on Twitter or seeing much of political TV. the losers of the referendum not being happy I doubt is really that important either

The whole, "What would Corbyn do?" question probably is based on his situation. if Tories are in charge of Brexit and decide to slash all sorts of regulations and do all sorts of nutty right wing things, he's obviously going to be careful with his support. Were Labour in Government and it meant they could set the agenda, they'd be more willing to be okay with it. as a fringe MP, he could do whatever and it doesn't matter
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:23 PM BST
on first part of my post - Tories made gains in some of these areas at the expense of some of their traditional areas and that's what cost them their majority
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:24 PM BST
I feel like main point imo is if people know the options are no deal or stay in the EU, then it surely changes things. I'm seriously doubting many buy into no deal, especially if it was listed what it would entail in a well thought out manifesto. There is pretty much no good that comes from no deal for pretty much anyone. I suspect a lot of voters were sold a vision, even Corbyn himself had a vision, but if your vision is impossible or unattainable, not much point to it is there, and there is no clear vision that is viable yet.
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:25 PM BST
Yer you make a good point actually, that the working class types hate Tories with a passion, thus if they do leave because they're ardent leavers they probs vote like UKIP or something which will mean Labour keep all the seats.
Report tof September 24, 2018 11:27 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:21PM, n88uk wrote:

There are points that person made I am sceptical of, but can't actually prove. I'm sceptical leavers are all more hardened now. The hardcore Farage types are, but those on the fringes, which are the all important ones I'm not convinced. I can't prove that though with knowing 0 leavers to know if opinion has really changed.

what lies ...Laugh you know 0 leavers ...and you're fro Essex ...LaughLaughLaugh

Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:27 PM BST
dunno why people seem to pretend that everyone in London is a fancy liberal and well off and not working class when there are areas just as deprived in many parts
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:30 PM BST
That person is a mug btw, they've posted a lot of crap over time. Because you can't see the forum, you can't see they've actually quoted my last post which is what they're responding too. My post was basically saying Corbyn will support a 2nd referendum/staying in the EU if the options are no deal Brexit or staying in the EU, he might be anti-EU, but he's never advocated no deal at any point, in fact he's advocated against it.

And I also said May basically has to reach a deal or she will be finished. If she can't reach a deal it will be the end of her imo. As no deal never actually happens imo.

I actually think on last part, I think May reaching no deal is best possible outcome for remain, as it will go up in flames then long before it's implemented imo. I think government ends up at impasse if no deal is the option on the table. No way it passes in commons, which legally it doesn't need to, but symbolically May will be powerless if it doesn't, especially with much of her own party voting against her. It will also lead to dog eat dog, as the reason many Tories won't stand for it is they're gonna see they could easily get wiped out for a generation going down that road, too risky.
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:31 PM BST
the Tories are gonna have to hope everything goes right for them in the next election really
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:31 PM BST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017#Voter_demographics

the demographics are just about ready to kill them within 10 years
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:34 PM BST
Aged 35–54 by social class
AB    45    38    11    1    5    7
C1    38    43    8    1    10    5
C2    40    44    5    3    8    4
DE    27    55    6    3    9    28

the Tories winning by only 7% in the most well off and privileged middle age people is pretty troubling and the benefits and successes they have had aren't going to be repeated by the next generation
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:34 PM BST
I know 0 leavers Tof really. Everyone around me voted remain. Only people I know who voted leave are some parents friends, and my brothers now ex-wife, who was the only real leaver I've ever spoken to in person, and her views on it just made her look a huge mug as she would say she doesn't know why she's voting leave but she is (probably because her family were in reality).

Essex not sure was that pro-leave either, defo not get compared to other areas. My actual area had near identical % to the country vote, 52-48 in favour of leave.
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:35 PM BST
also;

Mortgage    43    40    9    2    6    3
Social renter    26    57    4    4    9    31
Private renter    31    54    7    1    7    23
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:35 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:31PM, aaronh wrote:

the Tories are gonna have to hope everything goes right for them in the next election really

This seems virtually impossible. I've been saying for a while now as you probs know, I don't see how Tories come out of this well now. I can't see any possible result which gives them a good result next election.

Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:38 PM BST
my best friend voted leave Whoops
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:39 PM BST
My Facebook Tof on the referendum day was pretty much 98% absolute raging. Only 1 person on there from my school year I could see voted leave. And one of my parents friends seems to be leave too, have no idea why as I'm almost certain leave would be bad for their family given what their children do. These used to be family friends when I was younger but not really spoken to them in years, but I really doubt the children voted leave, but don't know.
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:40 PM BST
Would they change now though?

The thing is I do see looking about and on TV people who say they voted leave who wouldn't now. You don't really see anyone changing the other way do you.
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:42 PM BST
yeah, think he kinda regretted it not long after. he's not really that invested in politics and it's mostly me boring him with what is going on with stuff if we discuss it when we hang out
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:43 PM BST
I saw a classic Twitter argument from some leaver suggesting that the most avid of remainers are actually for a 'hard remain', which includes entering Schengen and the Euro
Report tof September 24, 2018 11:43 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:39PM, n88uk wrote:

My Facebook Tof on the referendum day was pretty much 98% absolute raging. Only 1 person on there from my school year I could see voted leave. And one of my parents friends seems to be leave too, have no idea why as I'm almost certain leave would be bad for their family given what their children do. These used to be family friends when I was younger but not really spoken to them in years, but I really doubt the children voted leave, but don't know.

what do they do 88 ...?

Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:43 PM BST
The leavers I have spoken to don't help leavers case at all when we constantly say how muggy they are. As the few I spoken to either can't make a real argument or spout racist crap.
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:48 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:43PM, aaronh wrote:

I saw a classic Twitter argument from some leaver suggesting that the most avid of remainers are actually for a 'hard remain', which includes entering Schengen and the Euro

This person on TF repeated spouts crap about this how a lot of these remainers were the same people who wanted the Euro and talked about how great it would be for us.

I know this to be very questionable though, as although we were at school at the time, many of the same group of people who voted remain I know were always anti-Euro. We did case studies on this at school at the time, and it was generally pushed that it wouldn't be a good idea.

Report tof September 24, 2018 11:49 PM BST
why are they discussing politics on the tinnis forum ...?
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:50 PM BST
The thing is and this is where Corbyn is right, but I don't see if you can really do this. Where he suggests in a 2nd referendum you'd have like criteria, and his how he'd vote would depend on them (could just be saying this to sit on fence I guess), but if you had boxes like no deal Brexit, remain in EU, I really don't buy 52% vote for no deal Brexit, there's just no way, many had to be influenced by the visions that were given at the time. A lot of visions were sold, but none have been delivered or look like being delivered.
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:50 PM BST
the Euro being adopted has always been really unpopular and wasn't even an argument ever brought up 2 years ago
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:52 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:50PM, n88uk wrote:

The thing is and this is where Corbyn is right, but I don't see if you can really do this. Where he suggests in a 2nd referendum you'd have like criteria, and his how he'd vote would depend on them (could just be saying this to sit on fence I guess), but if you had boxes like no deal Brexit, remain in EU, I really don't buy 52% vote for no deal Brexit, there's just no way, many had to be influenced by the visions that were given at the time. A lot of visions were sold, but none have been delivered or look like being delivered.

that kind of vote is just set up to be an even bigger disaster too with votes splitting 3 or 4 ways

Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:52 PM BST
Non-Tennis section Tof.

On your what they do, a massive wide range of stuff. A number work in London of course. Did hear some funny stories from one of my best friends at Bank of America how they know people who cost the company like 400m as a result of the Brexit vote, was a while ago now he told me this so forget the details, but did sound lol.
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:54 PM BST
I assume there would still only be 2 options though Aaron.

It's kinda like the idea sometimes put out there that we should have known what we are getting first (of course was totally impossible to do this). So the options would be whatever is on the table or stay in the EU.
Report tof September 24, 2018 11:56 PM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:52PM, n88uk wrote:

Non-Tennis section Tof.On your what they do, a massive wide range of stuff. A number work in London of course. Did hear some funny stories from one of my best friends at Bank of America how they know people who cost the company like 400m as a result of the Brexit vote, was a while ago now he told me this so forget the details, but did sound lol.

400m that would have made news headlines ...

Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:56 PM BST
parliament quite clearly should have set some terms prior to the vote but then at the time it was just seen as throwing a bone to UKIP and not actually a thing that might happen
Report n88uk September 24, 2018 11:58 PM BST
There were headlines that banks lost truckloads of money at the time. As they had seen in weeks prior that it appeared remain was coming more and more likely to win and everything was settling at the time before chaos next day.

As it is probs isn't that headline worthy, assume it's drop in the ocean to these banks and if you're in that sort of business.
Report aaronh September 24, 2018 11:59 PM BST
heard Nigel saying he thought remain had won about 10.10pm was a nod to his mates in the city
Report n88uk September 25, 2018 12:00 AM BST
How reflective do you think Labour members are of the overall Labour voters? Because I see this YouGov thing saying 86% of members are for 2nd referendum.
Report aaronh September 25, 2018 12:01 AM BST
does YouGov have a split by leadership election voters
Report aaronh September 25, 2018 12:01 AM BST
because I feel like 2nd referendumers are higher in non-Corbyn than Corbyn
Report aaronh September 25, 2018 12:02 AM BST
86% clearly way off in any form though
Report n88uk September 25, 2018 12:05 AM BST
No idea on that. 86% obv not gonna be representative overall. Very hard to put a number on that though. Also as you will have the cheap votes they will pick up with such a position that aren't even Labour atm, ie. Lib Dems.
Report n88uk September 25, 2018 12:08 AM BST
It's also that this stance they'd rather a general election, I can see why they'd want that, but chances of getting one are not likely. Wouldn't Tories have to vote no confidence in May, which would be like cutting many of their own throats by doing so, and given how power hungry MPs are seems unlikely.
Report wisewords September 25, 2018 12:14 AM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 11:59PM, aaronh wrote:

heard Nigel saying he thought remain had won about 10.10pm was a nod to his mates in the city

huh?

Report n88uk September 25, 2018 12:16 AM BST
This idea I've seen though of 3-4 options doesn't sound actually viable does it. Hopefully it is though, if there are 3-4 options on the ballot, then remain definitely wins lol.
Report n88uk September 25, 2018 12:16 AM BST
Farage claimed the night of referendum that he'd heard remain narrowly won, basically just talking utter bs.
Report wisewords September 25, 2018 12:33 AM BST
yeah I know, but what does aaron mean by "a nod to his mates in the city"? insider trading?
Report wisewords September 25, 2018 12:34 AM BST
or a gag?
Report n88uk September 25, 2018 12:35 AM BST
It was a gag from Farage.
Report tof September 25, 2018 1:04 AM BST
just started watching the  FIFA fOOtball awards 2018 edition ... and hosing myself ... guess the acceptance speeches are all going to be one sentence ... a room full of inarticulate dimwits ... LaughLaughLaugh
Report tof September 25, 2018 1:05 AM BST
oh and wot a knobhead Noel Gallagher is ...
Report tof September 25, 2018 1:15 AM BST
separate award for women coach ... excuse me ... more inequality ...
Report tof September 25, 2018 1:26 AM BST
selected accepted inequality ...but hey that's ok I suppose ...as we've allowed women to pick and choose ... resulting in reverse inequality innit ...
Report aaronh September 25, 2018 5:26 AM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 12:35AM, n88uk wrote:

It was a gag from Farage.

That he was ramping, when he likely already had info suggesting they would win already

Report cricguru_19 September 25, 2018 8:44 AM BST
AI is really working on Tennis.
Report cricguru_19 September 25, 2018 8:45 AM BST
Exchange system really works well on high volume trading matches in any platform.
Report cricguru_19 September 25, 2018 8:46 AM BST
Felix Auger-Aliassime
Yibing Wu
Report cricguru_19 September 25, 2018 8:46 AM BST
Felix to win
Report cricguru_19 September 25, 2018 8:47 AM BST
1.72 odds
Report tinyelf54 September 25, 2018 9:29 AM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 3:40PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

elf is destroying this jobber

thanks for checking out my matches i just thought it would be a bit of fun to post them on here to see some reaction, u were the only one who had a look, just for the record the reason why my ranking was so low was because every time i was paired with an average player i disconnected which resulted in automatic points deductions, i only wanted to play good players, i only played for 6 weeks, first time since 2006, there i got all that off my chestHappy

Report SabineIsGOAT September 25, 2018 9:50 AM BST

Sep 24, 2018 -- 9:59PM, n88uk wrote:

How on earth did Salah win goal of the year over Bale?

yeah was baffling

Report tof September 25, 2018 9:52 AM BST
no wonder Messi and Ronaldo didn't bother to pitch ...
Report tof September 25, 2018 9:53 AM BST
there was a scorpion goal of note which I felt won hands down ...
Report tof September 25, 2018 9:57 AM BST
never seen a room filled with more insecure dummies each holding onto their wags hand sitting beside them for dear life for fear of her leaving him for anuvver player wivv bigger pay check ...innit ...Laugh
Report tof September 25, 2018 9:58 AM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 9:29AM, tinyelf54 wrote:

Sep 24, 2018 --  3:40PM, GRANTCKING wrote:elf is destroying this jobberthanks for checking out my matches i just thought it would be a bit of fun to post them on here to see some reaction, u were the only one who had a look, just for the record the reason why my ranking was so low was because every time i was paired with an average player i disconnected which resulted in automatic points deductions, i only wanted to play good players, i only played for 6 weeks, first time since 2006, there i got all that off my chest

been looking for you tiny self ... you pixie ...

Report jin_kazz September 25, 2018 11:19 AM BST
heard abramovich wants to sell chelski scum for 3B

sounds bit expensive imo
Report GRANTCKING September 25, 2018 12:12 PM BST
Grin
Report GRANTCKING September 25, 2018 12:12 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 9:29AM, tinyelf54 wrote:

Sep 24, 2018 --  3:40PM, GRANTCKING wrote:elf is destroying this jobberthanks for checking out my matches i just thought it would be a bit of fun to post them on here to see some reaction, u were the only one who had a look, just for the record the reason why my ranking was so low was because every time i was paired with an average player i disconnected which resulted in automatic points deductions, i only wanted to play good players, i only played for 6 weeks, first time since 2006, there i got all that off my chest

no probs elf!

Report GRANTCKING September 25, 2018 12:23 PM BST
wow the **** thar goal of the season for a muslim to win? salahs goal was bang average, so goals like that every weekend
Report jin_kazz September 25, 2018 12:38 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 12:23PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

wow the **** thar goal of the season for a muslim to win? salahs goal was bang average, so goals like that every weekend

true, yarmolenko scored better goal for west ham last week

Report GRANTCKING September 25, 2018 1:56 PM BST
jin, is colin gonna KO kebab
Report tof September 25, 2018 2:04 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 11:19AM, jin_kazz wrote:

heard abramovich wants to sell chelski scum for 3Bsounds bit expensive imo

he still can't get a visa or what ...

Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:04 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 11:19AM, jin_kazz wrote:

heard abramovich wants to sell chelski scum for 3Bsounds bit expensive imo

this scum wants his assets out eh. it's promising i suppose

Report tof September 25, 2018 2:05 PM BST
the Bexit effect innit ...
Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:05 PM BST
yeah this aint about brexit
Report tof September 25, 2018 2:06 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 1:56PM, GRANTCKING wrote:

jin, is colin gonna KO kebab

kebab ville at the moment in Chengdu ... sheesh kebab vs doner kebab ...

Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:07 PM BST
more likely he fears labour gov with possible new UK-EU sanctions
Report GRANTCKING September 25, 2018 2:07 PM BST
Laugh
Report tof September 25, 2018 2:17 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 2:07PM, nofx wrote:

more likely he fears labour gov with possible new UK-EU sanctions

that's considered brexit too ...

Report tof September 25, 2018 2:17 PM BST
whats the difference ...
Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:20 PM BST
difference is companies leaving London because they want to stay in the trade union vs corrupt Russian billionaires afraid their assets frozen
Report tof September 25, 2018 2:25 PM BST
exactly ... its the brexit affect ...
Report caramba September 25, 2018 2:27 PM BST
I see Marta was voted Female soccerballer of the year due to muggery.
Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:28 PM BST
it's not necessarily causality. sure a labour government caused by brexit is, but without the whole nonsense new additional EU sanctions (with support of the UK) could and should have come much sooner
Report caramba September 25, 2018 2:29 PM BST
Lots traded at 4.00 on Annie :(
Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:30 PM BST
heard last year's MVP wasn't even nominated :(
Report nofx September 25, 2018 2:32 PM BST

Sep 25, 2018 -- 2:28PM, nofx wrote:

it's not necessarily causality. sure a labour government caused by brexit is, but without the whole nonsense new additional EU sanctions (with support of the UK) could and should have come much sooner

anyway it's all speculation at this point

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now