Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
01 Jun 17 22:52
| Topic/replies: 28,940 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
Jim Courier says he can reach top 10, maybe he's just saying that for a British audience, but either way I think he could as well, wont be as good as Murray though, not dynamic enough.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View How far in the game can Kyle Edmund go
Show More
Report wisewords June 1, 2017 11:16 PM BST
Top 15-20 player.
Report northanlite June 2, 2017 2:27 AM BST
The real stalwarts who have hogged the top of the rankings for the past 10-15 years will all be departing the scene in the next
5 years.
An appearance in the top 10 not out of the question imo. Needs to add a bit more guile to his power game tho & no obvious sign
so far of him ever being anywhere near as good as Murray who was miles ahead of where he is at the same age.
Report dlarssonf June 2, 2017 8:21 AM BST
if edmund reaches the top ten the game will really be i the doldrumsSad
Report doridoru June 2, 2017 8:35 PM BST
YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE!
Report SabineIsGOAT June 3, 2017 10:39 AM BST
I don't really want to hate on Kyle cos he seems like a nice guy but I got tired of the classic british overhype of him ages ago

Realistically when has he ever shown top 10 potential? If you compare him to some of the other people around his age group it's not even close in terms of what they've achieved and who they've beaten
Report n88uk June 3, 2017 11:11 AM BST
Has the game to be top 20, from there it's whether you maximise it. Look at the Spaniards around the top 20 atm, Bautista Agut, Ramos-Vinolas, Carreno-Busta. None of them are exactly the most talented players around, and rarely pose any threat to the top players, but maximising what they have.

And agree if he was heading to the very top you'd expect to have seen more by 22, he is 0-11 vs the top 10 (a lot were against the very best though rather than the lower top 10).
Report mesmerised June 3, 2017 11:14 PM BST
I don't particularly think he is some kind of special talent, biggish forehand, biggish serve, no the greatest of hand skills, needs a lot of work, but has that look of determination to maximise whatever potential he has, top 10 might be a push but I'd hazard a guess half the players above him in the rankings are now 30+ or nearing 30 and he's 22, for a country that is home to Tennis, it's a bit lame we have nobody special to talk about, it's like nobody is interested in even trying, how much is the LTA chief getting?
Report mesmerised January 23, 2018 11:26 PM GMT
Excited
Report northanlite June 2, 2018 12:58 PM BST
He's crushing it. look at the top 10 now ffs, Isner, Anderson. He's better than them. As good at least
Really impressed at the work he's put in, the deficiencies were obvious & he's worked on
most of them, still think he should do more damage with the serve.
I wonder how much credit A.Murray can take for bringing him out to his training camp. Edmund said
he simply couldn't cope first time out.
Win or lose today he looks top 10 bound at some stage imo
He does live in the Bahamas tho so he's obviously a c**t Cool
Report mesmerised June 2, 2018 1:14 PM BST
Confused
Report northanlite October 22, 2018 5:57 PM BST
the lad is doing ok
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now