Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dom888
22 Jan 17 09:07
| Topic/replies: 1,138 | Blogger: dom888's blog
without home advantage
one of the best ever lol
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Murray has won 1 slam in his career
Show More
Report wisewords January 22, 2017 9:22 AM GMT
There's more to come. Don't write off Andy. He's got at least 3 more wins in the tank.
Report mesmerised January 22, 2017 9:46 AM GMT
home advantage is as big a disadvantage when you factor in home pressure.
Report gaza1962 January 22, 2017 10:04 AM GMT
What price was that guy to beat Andy ?
Report Platini January 22, 2017 11:55 AM GMT
25/1
Report ZenMaster January 23, 2017 3:16 AM GMT
This is a more significant loss than  they are making out. I admire Murray for all he has done but Novak opened the door for Murray and Murray went and shut it again.

He might have 3 more years to win this if injury free, but he should have raised his game once Novak went out. It's a really bad loss in his career.
Report appformat January 23, 2017 9:33 AM GMT
but he's a cert for Wimbo this year.. yes?
Report Platini January 23, 2017 9:49 AM GMT
I think it was a bigger shock than Joker's loss. It really came out of he blue. Prob just the result of mental fatigue after a very long year for him.
Report Roger The Butler January 23, 2017 11:05 PM GMT
A very long year? It's only been going three weeks and he has only played one tournament.
Report Journeyman January 23, 2017 11:14 PM GMT
An intense 2 months for certain. Fatherhood ffs, a second Wimbledon, a unique second Olympic gold singles, a first french final, father willie's new missus, the return of Ivan, getting to number 1 and the pressure cooker of the WTF final and all its significance.

This tournament just seems to be a barren hunting ground for him for some reason. I agree with WW, there's plenty of fuel in the muzzatank yet.
Report lewisham ranger January 23, 2017 11:15 PM GMT
i agree with plat. He played far too much at the end of last year, because he was desperate to get the number one ranking, and now he's paid the consequences.

it's a pretty sad world where a world ranking is prioritised over majors.
Report Platini January 24, 2017 12:55 AM GMT
I can see why he went full out for world no.1 ranking. it was the one big thing left to win to complete his CV.
Report mafeking January 24, 2017 4:12 PM GMT
it was more a case of it just falling into his lap rather than him chasing madly after it. he won a couple of tourneys, djokovic continued to fall apart and suddenly it looked realistic. the only sort of extra tourney he played was the one in vienna

he was likely to take the number 1 spot sometime early this year even he didn't win every tourney in sight to finish last year
Report mesmerised January 24, 2017 5:34 PM GMT
he won 5 tournaments in a row, only once before in 10 years had he won more than 2 in a row, and that was 3. If he was't chasing after World Number 1 he did a good impression of someone who was.
Report Platini January 24, 2017 6:48 PM GMT
I don't think most people appreciate what an achievement it is. we're not talking WTA here. He's done it in the most competitive era of all time.
Report mesmerised January 24, 2017 7:12 PM GMT
I have bigged up Murray throughout the years for acheving what he has in what is widely perceived to have been the hardest era to have played Tennis in and the most difficult to win a Masters 1000 let alone a slam or World Number 1.

But if we're being honest and keeping it real, the Number 1 ranking has largely come about due to fortunant circumstances o=in Murray's favour as well as it has off of the back of his own sheer hard work.

Federer and Nadal are not the same Fedal or pre 2013 and Djokovic veered off course on what can only be described as the mother of all mental walkabouts, form litereally dropped off of a cliff.

Getting there is hard but it will carry far more credence if he stays there for the rest of the season pending a return to form/motitvation for Djokovic so as to set a real challenge to reclaim it, if Murray holds him off and wins a couple of slams then it will validate his status as the best in the world rather than in just name.
Report Platini January 24, 2017 7:49 PM GMT
agree with most of that, if he can keep the top spot for a whole year that'll cement it. And while the 2 older GOATS are no longer the force of old, they're still regulars in slams and Fed could be about to add another.
Report FredRescue January 26, 2017 7:24 AM GMT
Good Fred, boils down to Murray getting criticised for winning too many matches last year Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now