Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Almagro is a no no
21 May 10 19:38
| Topic/replies: 5,879 | Blogger: Almagro is a no no's blog
Knows no bounds. Just when you think he can't outdo himself he goes and does it

"It is hard to pick anybody to say if Roger and Rafa are not going to win who else will it be"
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View The conceited arrogance of Roger federer
Show More
Report Jeff Tarango continues May 21, 2010 7:52 PM BST
you are allowed  to be arrogant when you are the best player in the history of tennis
Report Jason Bourne May 21, 2010 8:03 PM BST
Jeff spot on ... not something i've said often.
Report Jeff Tarango continues May 21, 2010 8:55 PM BST
and Vice versa since you tipped Rochus to win a tournament :-)
Report the nugget May 21, 2010 8:57 PM BST
well out of the last 20 GS, him and Rafa have only not won 2
Report Jason Bourne May 21, 2010 9:00 PM BST
Rochus ? I don't think i've ever tipped him ... Chela you mean ?
Report petr cech May 21, 2010 9:17 PM BST
He's got a point though. In the last 5 years there have only been 2 other finalists at RG, Puerta and Soderling.

Murray isn't in form and neither is Sodermug. JMDP is injured, Davydenko has been out for a long time. Can't really see anyone else coming out of the pack.
Report blink182 May 21, 2010 9:24 PM BST
how about gulbis on his rome form vs nadal. has he got any chance of beating fed in the QF. not saying he will, just throwing it out there. i know fed took care of gulbis in madrid.
Report the nugget May 21, 2010 9:40 PM BST
Gulbis will still do well to make the qf, it is not as if he has years of good form behind him.

Would be a potential top match on the Philippe Chatrier court a week Wednesday
Report Almagro is a no no May 21, 2010 10:07 PM BST
I think you're all missing the point. He's putting himself in the same breath as Nadal!! Someone he's been raped by in the last three finals they've played. Nadal dismissed him as though he was playing Oscar Hernandez

Best in the history of tennis Laugh
Report Don No1 May 21, 2010 10:25 PM BST
Not like Federer is the reigning champion or anything Laugh
Report Almagro is a no no May 21, 2010 10:35 PM BST
He knows the truth really though

"Fourteen days down the road and six matches for each of (us) to get into the final. (It) is not my priority to play Rafa," said Federer.

Laugh
Report Jason Bourne May 21, 2010 10:43 PM BST
Would you like some whine with your GOATs cheese ?
Report Almagro is a no no May 21, 2010 10:51 PM BST
That's either amazingly complicated and clever on so many levels or it's just crap
Report Jason Bourne May 21, 2010 10:55 PM BST
Suck it up Cool
Report Max Cady May 21, 2010 11:39 PM BST
hH is smug bast ard that there is no doubt

the way he whipped out his winner jacket in the Wimbledon final last year, and then said " I know how it feels Andy"

to be as good as Federer you have to be vile, you can't be nice.
Report WhoopSandwiches! May 22, 2010 2:25 AM BST
Federer in the best form of his life is second best to nadal...ON CLAY. Any other surface he's the best of all time. Those who think fed is finished and does not have the right to have confidence/arrogance in his ability are spending to much time watching prices and not enough time watching him play. Hes won everything and at this age he doesnt give a f**k about Tour events(thats why ive filled my boots laying him recently) but if peple think that laying federer in a slam is similar then good luck to you...you'll need it.
Report caramba January 28, 2018 11:40 AM GMT
Another Slam for the GOAT.
Report Platini January 28, 2018 1:43 PM GMT
Its beyond debate, Fed is the overall GOAT and that is not only because of his slam count but mostly longevity -thats what sets him apart.
What I would also say is that a peak Nadal was better than a peak Fed, but you need longevity to be overall GOAT, so Fed is the winner.
Report mesmerised January 28, 2018 1:50 PM GMT
The only reason why he has won 3 slams in the last years is because Djokovic has been off the scene and he hasn't put his body through the last two clay court seasons like the coward he is, easy to have longevity when you're a part time player ffs.
Report geordie1956 January 28, 2018 2:08 PM GMT
Federer would have won more Grand Slams but stuck with the smaller racket for a long time which worked against him and he has developed his backhand stroke which he probably should have done several years before but didn't feel it necessary...just think how many titles he would hold....he'd be out of sight

Shows the mark of Federer that he has actually improved facets of his game as he has got older...absolute class
Report asparagus January 28, 2018 2:23 PM GMT
Mugmerised, i think you'll find Djokovic played in all 3 slams Federer has won in the last 12/13 months. I think you'll also find that he beat every player that was put in his path which is what you have to do to win a tournament. He's also played in more Grand Slam matches than just about anyone else. Calling him a part time player is rather pathetic.  I'm not sure if you have sour grapes or whether you are just a bit stupid.
Report The Bhoys January 29, 2018 10:41 AM GMT
djockovic hasnt been the same player since he won the french, he has been in those slams but hardly the threat he was
Report mesmerised January 29, 2018 11:13 AM GMT
asparagus    28 Jan 18 14:23 
The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user.
You can manage your blocked users list    here .

http://i64.tinypic.com/eun0if.jpg
Report Fatslogger January 29, 2018 6:55 PM GMT
Mesmerised seems very keen to tell people he's blocked them.  How does he know they're even commenting on what he's posted?  It's not as if it's possible to block someone then check what they're saying though browsing the forum without logging in, so it's quite the puzzle.

Not that he's reading this bit, obviously, but the argument that Federer is getting free passes to grand slams right now would hold a lot more weight were the main argument against Federer being the GOAT not that Nadal's better.  If Nadal is really better than Federer, why isn't he winning all these free grand slams and other tournaments that Federer has hoovered up in the last year and a bit, in 4 cases beating him on the way? Is it partly because he's not playing as well as Federer, despite the advantage of being much nearer his prime age wise?  Nadal did get a couple of free grand slams last year, of course, by mesmerised's definition but funnily enough that doesn't seem to get mentioned as a problem with Nadal's record. He won the US Open last year playing basically nobody, apart from JMDP and hardly had a tough run in the French either.

Oh yes and the part timer argument is utterly risible too. The guy's 36 years old and has played vast amounts of tennis, with his historically amazingly good injury record starting to fray in the last few years.  No wonder he's missing the part of the season he's been least effective in.  It's not like he's generally buffed his head to head against Nadal by avoiding him on clay, is it? The actual stats show quite the opposite - it's more been Nadal not getting through to play Federer on grass and to a lesser extent on hard courts.  You just need to look at their respective stats for grand slam progression.
Report The Bhoys January 29, 2018 8:21 PM GMT
Yea but nadal was injured for the wimbeldons he missed, federer is fully fit and just not competing in clay court season
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com

New to Betfair?

You need to open an account before you can add content to the forum.

Opening an account only takes a few minutes.

register now